X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zpm question

spoliers for season 4 sga finale and season 8 sg1

-remember in season 8 when jack was running the sgc and camulus was our prisoner... well in one of the earlier episodes we obtained a fully powered zpm from him that was rigged to expload when plugged in... now we gave him "the dead one"... whatever happened to the rigged one? carter said it could very well take out the entire solar system... why not have taken that to the asuran solar system and set it off 100,000 miles away and still destroy their planet instead of just nukes a few strategic targets?

-maybe im rong and just missed them addressing it... but i dont remember they ever revisitng it...
    ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Well the Asurans contains Ancient technology obviously, which means Zero Point Modules, Ancient War Ships, Drones, Spare parts to the city (which we need because of that damage In First Strike)…etc all the raw materials we need to “restore Atlantis to its formal glory”, why the hell do we want to destroy all those when we have a weapon that is capable of whipping them out without any hesitation! Why don't we just wait `til Area 51 finishes the PWARWs (Planetary-Wide Anti-Replicator Weapons)? We already destroyed our threats Against the Asurans (the War Ships)…….well for now!

Comment

it was half full, and im pretty sure the asurans could detect the explosion, but the 100,000 miles isnt that much further then our moon. I doubt shields could withstand an explosion like that, its possibility but i think Dr. Lee and the others may be trying to find a way to undo the tainting Camulus put on it.
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Steven_the_Atlantean View Post
        Well the Asurans contains Ancient technology obviously, which means Zero Point Modules, Ancient War Ships, Drones, Spare parts to the city (which we need because of that damage In First Strike)…etc all the raw materials we need to “restore Atlantis to its formal glory”, why the hell do we want to destroy all those when we have a weapon that is capable of whipping them out without any hesitation! Why don't we just wait `til Area 51 finishes the PWARWs (Planetary-Wide Anti-Replicator Weapons)? We already destroyed our threats Against the Asurans (the War Ships)…….well for now!
        why use that city for parts, i mean its a city more grand than Atlantis its self! But I am concerned that the wave wont be able to pass through ancient shields, we know Gould shields have no resistance to the technology but ancient shields are far superior and we know there is a shielding from that wave.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
          why use that city for parts, i mean its a city more grand than Atlantis its self! But I am concerned that the wave wont be able to pass through ancient shields, we know Gould shields have no resistance to the technology but ancient shields are far superior and we know there is a shielding from that wave.
          Look I didn’t mean we take it all apart and see what we need and take it and throw the rest of the things we don’t need anymore, but I am saying that if it needs some section to be stripped to restore Atlantis then it should be done, Grand than Atlantis or not, Atlantis is the original home of the ancestors, which is the same city that was from earth which concludes is the city we risked our assess of for, from the wraith, Gould and Replicators.

Ummm you do realise that a satellite isn’t the only way to use the weapon over the planet, the Gate, I no your like well the gate has a shield to, but we can say we want to negotiate or Mackay can find an over writing coding (all his complicated and technical mechanisms jibrish) , and then send a wave!! Or jump out of hyperspace and nuke all the shielding platforms, then active the PWARWs

Comment

Originally posted by wiseowl777 View Post
            spoliers for season 4 sga finale and season 8 sg1

Spoiler:
            -remember in season 8 when jack was running the sgc and camulus was our prisoner... well in one of the earlier episodes we obtained a fully powered zpm from him that was rigged to expload when plugged in... now we gave him "the dead one"... whatever happened to the rigged one? carter said it could very well take out the entire solar system... why not have taken that to the asuran solar system and set it off 100,000 miles away and still destroy their planet instead of just nukes a few strategic targets?

-maybe im rong and just missed them addressing it... but i dont remember they ever revisitng it...
            Simply, if they done that, then there would be no Asurans! Which is a bit of a problem since they want to keep them around for however long.

If they detonated that ZPM near to Asuras, I doubt even with their shields raised they would survive such a blast when it impacted on them.

Like everything else in SG land, it's down to the convenience factor of the writers. There are many things they should have down throughout the years that they simply ignored. The tainted ZPM will I'm sure be another of those added to the list!

First you'd need all the knowledge in which to be able to put it back to it's 'former' glory. I'm sure the Atlantis DB cantains all the info in which to build everything you mentioned above.

Not to mention, if they had the sat weapon already then why haven't they used it? Simply because McKay has said they are having trouble making their own. So what good is having the technology when you can't finish it. Therefore the ZPM would be a perfect weapon to launch against them to take them all out. Sure it would destroy everything, but what good is sitting back waiting to finish the sat disruptor weapon if they launch an attack that can easily destroy Earth &/or Atlantis. No good then if you aren't around any longer to finish anything!

Comment

Originally posted by Steven_the_Atlantean View Post
              Oh, I don't know. Maybe it's just me, but if the PWARWs lost their effectiveness after hitting a few ships, and the replicators kept sending more.. we'd be kinda screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                First you'd need all the knowledge in which to be able to put it back to it's 'former' glory. I'm sure the Atlantis DB cantains all the info in which to build everything you mentioned above.

Not to mention, if they had the sat weapon already then why haven't they used it? Simply because McKay has said they are having trouble making their own. So what good is having the technology when you can't finish it. Therefore the ZPM would be a perfect weapon to launch against them to take them all out. Sure it would destroy everything, but what good is sitting back waiting to finish the sat disruptor weapon if they launch an attack that can easily destroy Earth &/or Atlantis. No good then if you aren't around any longer to finish anything!

If they wanted to destroy the Replicators once and for all, they already had a chance but they did 'NOT ONLY IT WAS WEIRS DECESSION BUT THE IOA', why?

WEIR: The annihilation of your people is not our goal. Ideally, we would like a peace to exist between us, but we will not stand idly by while you build ships and weapons that can be used to destroy us.

We do not want to send them the wrong message that we are against them and destroy them with everything we’ve got at all cost; there is still hope for peace,
                WEIR: We come in friendship.
                WEIR: ……Hopefully this is just a stumbled beginning...
                We are simply destroying all our threats!
                But they would be a valuable ally, as…
                ELLIS: They're not a race of *people*. They're a *weapon*.

Just wait and see what happens! But use the ZPM for better use, like umm I don’t know, Atlantis is in desperate needs of power modules and her ships! Theres a start!

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                  Oh, I don't know. Maybe it's just me, but if the PWARWs lost their effectiveness after hitting a few ships, and the replicators kept sending more.. we'd be kinda screwed.

No the aim of the weapon ‘Planetary-Wide Anti-Replicator Weapons’ was specifically to launch a wave and hit the Replicators once over the planet!
                  So we are hitting them all in one shot!

And we only used the weapon in Return part 2, two times,
                  One: Taking out the Men who were guarding the Chair room!
                  Two: Converting the shield into a giant Replicator weapon which hit them all in one wave!

So they still aren’t immune to it, which concludes it is still effective!

Comment

The tainted ZPM wouldn't be enough to wipe out the Asurans.

Remember, they can make ZPMs without any trouble. They most likely have shields powered by multiple ZPMs that could easily withstand the blast of one.

Heck, with three full-power ZPMs, I'd expect Atlantis to be able to survive a planet killing explosion. However, I'd also expect that to drain them almost completely.

At the least, the planet might get vaporized, but there would be some Asurans behind shields. Granted, they'd be floating in space without resources to build ships, so perhaps blowing their planet out from under them would be a good thing.

Just don't expect it to stop them...
                    Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

for an explosion to destroy an entire solar system at half charge, that is a hell of a blast. Im pretty sure any shield wouldnt live through that much energy regardless of the powersource behind it. It sounded like the solar system would be entirely obliterated if not turned into dust again.

Comment

actually... we already know that Altantis has withstood some ridiculous explosions in the past, and its possible the replicators could do the same. There planet would be owned but as long as their city survived we would still be screwed.
                        www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

I can imagine an extremely strong shield, but i cant really wrap my head around a shield that can withstand an explosion that the planet it's on can't.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                            I can imagine an extremely strong shield, but i cant really wrap my head around a shield that can withstand an explosion that the planet it's on can't.
                            Just remember this: multiple ZPMs backing up a shield to protect from a small part of the explosion from a single ZPM. Not all of the energy from that explosion will be directed at the shield.

Multiple ZPM > one half-charged ZPM.

However, I still think the ZPMs running the shield would be drained significantly.
                            Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

I'm not saying the ZPM cant handle the power required to withstand the blast, i'm thinking the shield wouldnt ba able to hold up against the blast. I imagine the detonation of a ZPM to be nearly the same magnitude of a a star going supernova.
                              Last edited by 2ndgenerationalteran; 10 July 2007, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X