This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the planet called?

Whats the name of the planet that The city ship Atlantis was on ?I don't think they ever mentioned it .Everyone on the show just say lets get back to Atlantis .

They called it Lantea iirc.
    Signed,

Gregorius
    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Never named as far as it goes.

Oceanis Sprayus maybe.
      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

i think its called "atlantea" or "atlantia".... bc in the season finale when shep was talking abt the moons he said "atlantea/ias moons" but i wasnt sure exactly- guess well hafta wait for the dvd subtitles.... either way im sure he named it
        ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

I think Ford wanted to call the planet atlantica, or something like that. But considering in 'The Defiant One' the wrath said the jumper was Lantean technology id say Lantea is a probable name. It's called Lantea, they ancients were Lantean's which makes the ship Lantean technology.

Comment

Sheppard has referred to it as Lantea. That's the only time on the show I've heard the name mentioned, but I'd seen it online... at wikipedia and on various blogs of producers or actors or whatever. Lantea is the official name of the planet.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

in rising part 2 i think when shep mckay and ford are in the jumper talking about what to name the planet

anyone remember??????
              sigpic

Comment

Ford says he'd like to call it Atlantica... but the world's name is Lantea.

Comment

The official name has only ever been referred to once in the show so far. This was in 'First Strike' by Shep.

However it was already known way back in 2005 courtesy of Martin Gero:

MG answer

Originally Posted by Owen Macri
                  Will the planet that Atlantis is currently situated on be given a name? Could you maybe slip it to us?

It is referred to within the galaxy as “Lantia”
                  He spells it with an "i", but I'm sure you could get away with an "e" if you wanted as I previously remember JM referring to the Ancients as "Lanteans".

Comment

With an "i" eh? Interesting! I'm sure we'll find out for sure when the dvd comes out because then we can check the subtitles.

Comment

The planet's name is Lantea, and it has been said in more than just "First Strike". Also, the Ancients were referred to as "Lanteans", and most species in SG are named for the planet they come from ("Hoffans" are from "Hoff", etc).
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

i would name it M27-398

Comment

I always thought that the name of the planet was Lantea I think they mentioned it many times. They called the ancients that lived on the planet Lanteans and the technology Lantean so it makes sence to be called Lantea i like the name as well. They just say go back to Atlantis as SG1 used to say go back to the SGC its their base where they operate and live, not the planet.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            The planet's name is Lantea, and it has been said in more than just "First Strike". Also, the Ancients were referred to as "Lanteans", and most species in SG are named for the planet they come from ("Hoffans" are from "Hoff", etc).
                            Has it really!

Care to say which eps other than 'First Strike' it's been specifically referenced then!

All that has been said is stuff like Lanteans, Lantean, Atlantean etc. The planet has never been referred to by Lantea/Lantia before 'First Strike' aired & that's a fact.

Comment

Working...
                            X