Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Powerful are those Asgard Beam Weapons?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Powerful are those Asgard Beam Weapons?

Alright A lot of people think that the Asgard energy weapons are super powerful but what I think is that the Asgard made the weapons for the purpose of defeating the Ori shields and not just being super powerful. I think the Asgard designed a frequency or something that was able to weaken and destroy the ori shields.

So what do you think?
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

I agree they probaly are designed for ori sheilds. If the asgard could have made beam weapons before why didnt they. They must have figured out a weakness in ori sheilds that other shields dont have.
    sigpic

Comment

I think they are the same weapons that were on the oniell but they learned how to sustain the pulse giving a more beam like effect, greatly increasing the power of each shot fired.
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Ive said this in loads of threads they were probably designed to fight against the ori as you said but they also had a zpm powering them, they clearly wont be as strong on the other ships but they will still be brillaint weapons.

Comment

The weapons are extremely powerful. They depleted Ori shields and dropped them extremely quickly. You could explain that away with the crap about being effective specifically for Ori shields, but I don't buy that. In addition, the beams cut through the hulls of the Ori ships like a hot knife through butter. In fact, they very much resemble the Ancient and Ori satellite weapons and the Ori main weapon, at least in that regard. They cut through the ship and keep going. Thats pretty powerful.
          www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
            The weapons are extremely powerful. They depleted Ori shields and dropped them extremely quickly. You could explain that away with the crap about being effective specifically for Ori shields, but I don't buy that. In addition, the beams cut through the hulls of the Ori ships like a hot knife through butter. In fact, they very much resemble the Ancient and Ori satellite weapons and the Ori main weapon, at least in that regard. They cut through the ship and keep going. Thats pretty powerful.
            As i said because they had a zpm, they wont be as powerful on other ships.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
              As i said because they had a zpm, they wont be as powerful on other ships.
              There has been plenty of argument about that, and most of the people on here agree that the weapons were NOT tied into the ZPM, but more than likely tied into the Asgard power core. It's also more than likely that a similar power core will be installed on all of our ships from now on, or at least something with a similar power output. Power should no longer be a problem for Earth ships.
              www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

They do not go through the ship and keep goin Jimbo. Rewatch "Unending". They hit the ship and drill into it, but do not pass through.
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I really doubt the Asguard weapons were specifically designed to cut through Ori shields. That's pure speculation.

Comment

Werent the Asgard systems not going off the ZPM? Like Thor said?

Comment

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
                      Werent the Asgard systems not going off the ZPM? Like Thor said?
                      I believe that was just the computer core.
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

How powerful are the beam weapons?

Hmm.

Ten. That's how powerful. Ten.

In all honesty though, pretty tough. I mean, the Tau'ri "fleet" pumped a lot of munitions into the Ori ships in the original invasion through the supergate. In that battle, we didn't destroy a thing. Once the Odyssey got the Asgard beam weapons, it was pretty easy to knock out an Ori mothership. Plus, they weapon must have been the most powerful version of the beam weapon the Asgard had ever created, since they were leaving and all.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

well we found out from sensors that a fluctuation occur in their shields from when the ori fire their beams, temporaly allowing us to ring aboard.

im guessing the asgard also found that out and created a weapon that was similar to how the ori shoot their main weapon

i would say the oniel got the best sensor reading of all the ships in camelot since it was the only ship to fly over all the ori ships while they were firing and survive.

plus it like 20 hataks cant even manage to damage an ori ship with its strong shields then i would say those new asgard beams are very powerful
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                            They are a slower variant of the beams fired by the replicators controlled mysterious cross-anchor ships seen orbiting around Halla and, earlier on, seen in Enemies, which I suspect were another class of asgard ships before the Replicators destroyed most of Asgard worlds, and reduced their navy to a handful vessels of one type.

The beams, I think, have an advantage against Ori shields, and the typical Ori armour doesn't strike me as impressive. If it's just more layers of the same stuff they use on their fighters, then it's all up to the shields, and therefore, the beams going through it wouldn't be a really impressive demonstration of power.

What sucks, really, is the brain bug idea that beams have to be slow. Ori beams are slow. Odyssey's beams are slow.
                            These things should move at an impressive fraction of c. The more inert the projectile is, the faster it should be to remain efficient.
                            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I'm pretty sure that Thor said something along the lines of that the Asgard core will power the systems so they don't impair on the ships ZPM

Cant seem to find any scripts, but I'm pretty sure it was something like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X