This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Lantean Ship classes

Does anyone think there are more classes of lantean ships than the aurora class? I doubt the Lanteans would have only one class of ship. We may even see more classes in season 4 with the asurans using them. Do you think they have some fighters. You cant count the jumpers as fighters seeing as they only have drones and run out of them fast.
    sigpic

Sure I think that, but there isn't much evidence to support it. The only episode I can think of is the Asuran planet getting wiped out. There were some ships up there that didn't look the same as the Aurora class.
    www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

well i supose they will do but the aurora class seems to be able to perform most functions of a naval force just in the one ship so mot likely they wuld have just one ship which can do everything rarther than many which do specific jobs . i supose this will reducebuildin tme and eable them to build more much faster
      sigpic
      Sig For Me!

Comment

They do have transport vessels like the ones that were destroyed in Before I Sleep. But being that there were over 300 people on board id say it was a large ship in our standards but not that big compared to the other vessels. The pilot also said their cloak is damaged, shields failed, and they were returning fire, so if we can find any transport ships they seem quite formidable.
        PILOT (over radio): Cloaking shields damaged. We're returning fire but we cannot access ...

MELIA: There's too many enemy ships.

TECHNICIAN: There are more coming.

PILOT (over radio): Our shields are damaged ...

JANIS: Engage auxiliary power -- try to outrun them.

(The pilot responds but what he says is drowned out by the screaming of other passengers and the sound of the ship being attacked, presumably by Wraith Darts.)
        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

well it would be a class if there were just one type of ship

i guessing the aroura class ships were mainky used in the war of the wraith

season 4 spoilers
          Spoiler:
          mentions a battleship
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cban View Post
            well i supose they will do but the aurora class seems to be able to perform most functions of a naval force just in the one ship so mot likely they wuld have just one ship which can do everything rarther than many which do specific jobs . i supose this will reducebuildin tme and eable them to build more much faster
            The Aurora class was most likely a destroyer or light cruiser, which, in modern naval operations, can also double as a courier ship to pass data back and forth. I'm sure the Ancients have a much larger battleship (we've seen multiple classes thus far - Atlantis, Aurora, ships that were bombing Asuras). There's no reason not to think that the Lantiens had huge battleships.

Comment

From what we know:
              • Aurora class starships are there
              • Gateships or Puddlejumpers were used a lot
              • There is mention of a transport ship during the First Siege of Atlantis which was destroyed by the Wraith
              • There is mention of a science ship in the episode when the star was going to produce a massive solar flare
              • During the Attack on Asuras by the Lanteans, one of the attacking Lantean ships possesses a different engine configuration then the rest

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Remember when they show a flashback of Ancient warships bombarding the Asurans... those seemed to be a bit different than the Aurora, no?

Comment

Read the magical post RIGHT ABOVE YOURS THAT WAS POSTED 10 MINUTES BEFORE YOU.

Comment

Fighters would be nice, but they have drones.

The Ancients should have different ship classes like the Wraith.
                    sigpic

Comment

im pretty sure that in one ep they mentioned the the Lanteans sent a deligation of their most powerful warships, surely if their only class was aroua (soz, cant spell it ) then they wouldnt have said "most powerful warships" som im guessing theres a bigger and better class

Comment

I think your right and for future reference its speled aurora

Comment

I hope they get different modelers for the season 4's new ship because I really really REALLLY didnt like the aurora class ships design.
                          Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                            From what we know:
                            • There is mention of a transport ship during the First Siege of Atlantis which was destroyed by the Wraith
                            • There is mention of a science ship in the episode when the star was going to produce a massive solar flare
                            • During the Attack on Asuras by the Lanteans, one of the attacking Lantean ships possesses a different engine configuration then the rest

quote from an ancient "We are awaiting our offworld transport ships"...
                            I think thats what the lady said, but i'm not sure so it's possible that there was mor than one. Who knows? Rite?

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                              From what we know:

You are correct though. In the episode Progeny when Niam Showed Weir/Wier however you spell that, well he was showing her the ancient warships destroying Asuras then it showed one of them close to the ground that looked like it had a different Shematics for the Engines. It also looked like the ship was different near its rear end. for example most look skinny near the end rite before the engine, but this one didn't look skinny it looked like it was bigger.

Comment

Working...
                              X