This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SciFi World: Interview with Amanda Tapping

Interview with Amanda Tapping in which she talks about SGA season 4, the SG1 movies and more....

excerpt:

Gilles Nuytens: Why do you think they choose you to cross over to Atlantis,
    instead of for example Michael Shanks, they already have a scientist on the
    team but no archaeologist or linguist, so why Sam?

Amanda Tapping: I guess you would have to ask the producers that question. I
    think that she is a good fit. I know there are a lot of people that think that
    Michael would have been a good fit too. I think that because she is a good
    combination of military and science and I think the fact that she was ready for
    a command that the military saw this as a good position for her to go to and
    Atlantis needed somebody. The way it is explained is when everyone threw their
    hat in and said who is the best person to go over all the people involved
    thought Sam Carter would be the best one to go. And only from my perspective I can
    say that when the producers approached me I was very nervous about it because
    I was afraid I would get a lot of questions like this from people who
    obviously maybe don’t think I should be there. But I’m treading very lightly, I’m
    going over and trying to be a helpful member of the team and not take over the
    show in any way shape or form. Sam Carter is going in with the same attitude of
    I’m going to be here to try and help Atlantis and not take over. For me
    personally going over was hard because I really like Torri and wanted to make sure
    that she was cool with it and Torri was actually the one that made me feel
    best about it, she said ‘I’m totally cool, this is not where I want to be
    anymore and I’m happy for you.’ So she was great, all around it has worked out and
    the cast has been incredibly welcoming David and Joe and Rachel and Jason have
    all been just really been amazing and very happy that I’m there. So hopefully
    the fans will get that sense too and embrace it.

Full interview at http://www.thescifiworld.net/intervi...tapping_01.htm

Great interview! Thank you very much for sharing!

Comment

Working...
    X