Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daedalus and Apollo-- Hows do you think they will do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daedalus and Apollo-- Hows do you think they will do?

Ok it has been confurmed that

Spoiler:
    The daedalus and apollo will be getting the upgrades from the asgard. Power core, energy weapons ect.

But my question is how do you think they will hold up against a wraith vessile or a replicator city ship?

i mean tech for tech wize. who would be stronger and why.

any views?
    This is Colonel Steven Caldwell
    Commander of the Earth ship Daedalus
    we are ready to assist you!

" open up those bays all batteries "

sigpic

Originally posted by StevenCaldwell View Post

Spoiler:
    The daedalus and apollo will be getting the upgrades from the asgard. Power core, energy weapons ect.

But my question is how do you think they will hold up against a wraith vessile or a replicator city ship?

any views?
    Most likely they can easliy fight the Wraith. Then after while the wraith find a way to fight back. Against Asurans that is another story.

Comment

I'm sure the Apollo/Daedalus will be able to destroy a wraith hive ship alone or replicator ship, remember, they were able to destroy a Ori ship, witch is quite a nice accomplishment BUT I'm sure we wont see them destroying a hive ship in the show, their principal objective is to defend Atlantis not actually destroy every hive ship in the Pegasus galaxy,and they must stay hidden from the wraiths, as for the Replicators ships, I'm confident we'll see a lot of them fighting with 304's caus I'm sure it will be the "main enemy" of s4

Let's just hope they'll win
      We need the ZedPeeM to power the gate
      I'm sorry ?
      Zpm, he's canadian !
      ________
      Not to mention the fact to have a really nice Dolorean
      Don't even get me started on that movie !!!
      I like that movie !!!

Comment

Please use the search function as there is many threads like this.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=45176

Comment

Spoiler:

i mean tech for tech wize. who would be stronger and why.

any views?
          Where has this been confirmed?

Comment

Lol noobs ordering somone whos been here longer what to do

Comment

People need to remember that the apollo and daedalus wont have as powerful weapons as they dont have a zpm.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                Where has this been confirmed?

On the main page of gateworld, they have spoken to Robert C. Cooper, and he has confurmed that

Spoiler:
                The tech gained in the SG-1 episode Unending will be incorperated into voth the Daedalus and Apollo.

The Thread above this ( daedalus and apollo confirmation ) discusses how they tech will be added and what tech will be added,
                and THIS THREAD TALKS ABOUT HOW THEY WILL GET ALONG IN THE PEGASUS GALAXY AFTER THE UPGREADS HAVE BEEN ADDED AGAINST THE WRAITH AND REPLICATORS.
                This is Colonel Steven Caldwell
                Commander of the Earth ship Daedalus
                we are ready to assist you!

" open up those bays all batteries "

sigpic

Comment

On the main page of gateworld, they have spoken to Robert C. Cooper, and he has confurmed that

Spoiler:
                  The tech gained in the SG-1 episode Unending will be incorperated into voth the Daedalus and Apollo.

The Thread above this ( daedalus and apollo confirmation ) discusses how they tech will be added and what tech will be added,
                  and THIS THREAD TALKS ABOUT HOW THEY WILL GET ALONG IN THE PEGASUS GALAXY AFTER THE UPGREADS HAVE BEEN ADDED AGAINST THE WRAITH AND REPLICATORS.
                  Lol its funny how people can come on here and not even read the main page.

Comment

^ Hey, sometimes I don't read the main page! lol, but we have this busy little beaver in the Stargate Down Under Thread that informs us of any new news! lol

I think our ships will be able to go toe-to-toe with the hive ships, probably even destroy them one on one/two. But they might have to brake off and recharge the shields and weapons after a short time due to the lack of zpm's. But I don't think we're going to see that many battles between earth and the wraith due to the
                    Spoiler:
                    whole alliance thing in 'Be All There Sins Remembered'. Its Asurans we're going to have to worry about.
                    And I have no idea how that will turn out.
                    Last edited by Gen_J_O'Neill; 04 July 2007, 04:17 AM.
                    sigpic
                    By *E*K*R*

Comment

Caldwell, you're going on misleading info. JM said that EVENTUALLY, the Atlantis ships will get the upgrades. That could be in S5 or 6 for all we know. And in one episode, it states that:
                      Spoiler:
                      Carter is checking out some recent upgrades.

But that doesn't mean we're going to get everything in that one episode. The "upgrades" they're talking about could simply be a fancy new ring platform for all we know. I wouldn't get too excited just yet.

But on how well they'd do, I'd say badly. TPTB won't make them the uber-ships, they'll no doubt be seriously damaged or something early on.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                        Caldwell, you're going on misleading info. JM said that EVENTUALLY, the Atlantis ships will get the upgrades. That could be in S5 or 6 for all we know. And in one episode, it states that:
                        Spoiler:
                        Carter is checking out some recent upgrades.

But that doesn't mean we're going to get everything in that one episode. The "upgrades" they're talking about could simply be a fancy new ring platform for all we know. I wouldn't get too excited just yet.

But on how well they'd do, I'd say badly. TPTB won't make them the uber-ships, they'll no doubt be seriously damaged or something early on.
                        I highly doubt they wont have the upgrades and doubt they will get seriously damaged not sure how many times in how many threads i gotta say this but they wont be as powerful as the odyssey as the odyssey has a zpm. Making them failry average ships with good energy weapons just not as insanley powerful as the odyssey was against those ori ships.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                          I highly doubt they wont have the upgrades and doubt they will get seriously damaged not sure how many times in how many threads i gotta say this but they wont be as powerful as the odyssey as the odyssey has a zpm. Making them failry average ships with good energy weapons just not as insanley powerful as the odyssey was against those ori ships.
                          But you're forgetting:

Spoiler:
                          : Wraith hiveship on approach!

: Carter, can you move the (Ship Name) onto an intercept course?

- Cut to Space -

: On it... But we're not strong enough to tackle a full hive by ourselves, John...

- Cut to Atlantis -

: What of Atlantis's ZPM? Could we not beam it to the (Ship Name) to boost its weapons?

: That's genius! I was JUST thinking that! Bemaing ZedPM...

- Cut to Space -

: Install the ZPM now!

OFFICER: ZPM is online, ma'am.

: Fire!

(Hive destroyed)

They could just do that. I hate the idea of uber-weaponry. So many ways to just boost the 304s.
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            But you're forgetting:

Spoiler:
                            : Wraith hiveship on approach!

: Carter, can you move the (Ship Name) onto an intercept course?

- Cut to Space -

: On it... But we're not strong enough to tackle a full hive by ourselves, John...

- Cut to Atlantis -

: What of Atlantis's ZPM? Could we not beam it to the (Ship Name) to boost its weapons?

: That's genius! I was JUST thinking that! Bemaing ZedPM...

- Cut to Space -

: Install the ZPM now!

OFFICER: ZPM is online, ma'am.

: Fire!

(Hive destroyed)

They could just do that. I hate the idea of uber-weaponry. So many ways to just boost the 304s.
                            Lol touche

Comment

i have a feeling that with some of our new strategies even the 304's without advanced Asgard upgrades(pre-unending) could take on a single Hive and emerge victorious. WITH the upgrades, I'm not at all worried about the Wraith. The Asuran's are the ones who scare me. They are, for all intents and purposes, the Ancients. Evil, arrogant Ancients, but they are Ancients nonetheless. They have the best technology and they WILL pose a significant threat.
                              www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Working...
                              X