• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1/SGA - Digital Producer: Podcast with visual effects wizards

From Digital Producer:

http://digitalproducer.digitalmedian....jsp?id=158132

07/03/07

Atmosphere Visual Effects: You Know Their Work If Not Their Name!

We meet the visual effects wizards that worked on Battlestar Galactica, Stargate Atlantis, Andromeda and now Bablyon 5!

By David Basulto

I grew up watching and being a huge fan of Star Trek. I’m talking William Shatner’s Star Trek. Those were the days. Dreaming of shooting into space to save the universe from the Evil Klingons. Since that time Star Trek and sci fi in general have blasted into the greater stratosphere in terms of production quality. Planets and civilizations have a much more intense feel to them.

Why? Top notch computer graphics. See when Kirk was landing on Alpha 177 computers on earth were gigantic and extremely expensive. They were used to plan space missions not create an alien life form. Thanks to the Tech gods for progress.

This week I had a great time interviewing the folks at Atmosphere Visual Effects. They are an award winning effects powerhouse located in Vancouver, Canada. If you haven’t heard of Atmosphere Visual Effects you certainly have seen their work. Shows like Battlestar Galactica, Stargate Atlantis, the 4400, and Andromeda shine on their resume.

Meet Andrew Karr, Jeremy Hoey [Jeremy created beautfil matte paintings for SG1/SGA], and Alec McClymont. Listen to their tales of how Atmosphere came to be and their sage advice on getting into the industry.

Oh and they are also coming out with a little project called Babylon 5: The Lost Tales. I can’t wait to see it!

Click the Play Button to listed to this podcast now. [at the site]

To download this weeks' DMN Podcast for later listening right click this link and save to disk: dmnpodcast_episode06.mp3. You can also subscribe at iTunes - search for DMN Podcasts.

http://images.digitalmedianet.com/20..._episode06.mp3

We invite you to send in your feedback, rants, raves, suggestions, and questions. Contact us here via email at DMNPodcasts AT DigitalMediaOnlineInc DOT com.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter
Working...
X