Clear All

G1/SGA - Cult Times # 142 - Jul 07 - Shanks/McGillion Interviews

From Visimag:

http://www.visimag.com/acatalog/VI_D...246.html#aC142

Cult Times #142, July 2007
    (Reference #C142)
    Now Available

Interviews

Stargate SG-1 We interview Michael Shanks about nine years (on and off) playing Daniel Jackson and his upcoming projects, including the DVD SG-1 movies

Stargate Atlantis The fan outcry that resulted from the death of Paul McGillion's character, Dr Beckett's, will see him back on the show! The actor sends back some love…

Smallville Executive producer Miles Millar takes a candid look back over six seasons

The 4400 Actor Billy Campbell talks to us about being back as Jordan Collier

The Dead Zone We tracked down John L Adams, who plays Bruce Lewis

Regulars

Times Past Our regular reviewer looks at Doctor Who episodes the Human Nature two-parter and Blink

You Should Be Watching Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip The ups and downs of life behind the scenes on a topical US comedy show

Out of the Box Your complete monthly guide to all that's worth watching in the Cult TV world during July

Building a Better Genre Show Part XX How production values can make a big difference to a TV show as budgetary constraints force producers to find inventive solutions

And more…

Price: $7.99

<><><><><><>

Excerpt [of the excerpt] from the Michael Shanks interview:

http://www.visimag.com/culttimes/c142_feat01.htm

SO LONG AND SHANKS...

**snippage**

“The Wizard of Oz was a nice homage because not only had we made cracks about it throughout the show, but when I was in high school the last play I ever did was The Wizard of Oz and I was the lion in that,” reflects Shanks. “It was actually quite odd getting in that suit again. As for the Farscape one, they originally had Ben [Browder] playing the Crichton-esque character and we knew we were cutting such a fine line in parody, especially with both Ben and Claudia [Black] being on the show. I asked Claudia, ‘What do you think of this?’ and she was like, ‘It’s okay’. I thought Ben would have the most to say because Farscape is so dear to him and he was, ‘Well, if it is done properly and not offensively, I am not upset about it. The thing that is weird is it shouldn’t be me playing Crichton. This is Vala’s fantasy so it should be you.’ That was my original idea too, so at the last minute we changed things up and it made perfect sense.”

**snippage**

by Bryan Cairns

Read the full interview and an interview with Paul McGillion from Atlantis in

Cult Times #142

http://www.visimag.com/culttimes/c142_display.htm
    Attached Files

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter
Working...
X