Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What ever happened to the other Great races?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ever happened to the other Great races?

What about the Nox and the Furlings?

Who are the Furlings, what is their legacy?

How did the Nox deal with the Ori?

It just bugs me that the storyline would talk of 4 great races and we didn't meet them all or follow up with them that much.
    sigpic

Furlings are presumedly extinct or don't live in MW, and the Nox are isolationists, if the Ori showed up they would just "hide".

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
      Furlings are presumedly extinct or don't live in MW, and the Nox are isolationists, if the Ori showed up they would just "hide".
      Exactly! I highly doubt we'll ever get any real answers on the Furlings. And as for the Nox, I don't see them changing their ways any time soon.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

nox are hibernating and furlings are being hunted for their fur
        sigpic

Comment

I always wondered if that the "four great races" were a kind of succession, like a protection/technology racket.

such as when one race "leaves" another takes the role of the predicessor, e.g we were given the title of the 5th race when the Asgard were about to die, and they passed on all their technology to us, maby thats that was the purpose of the "interface" in torment of tantalous was, to pass on to other "great" races, when others left, leaving everything in a database.

It may have gone > Ancients > Furlings > Nox > Asgard > Tauri

Each add their own technology to the "next guy" before "leaving"

It would explain why, races such as the Nox, are such non confrontational, because they've already done their part.
          I Have Information...

Comment

but didnt ernest say that it was the meeting place of 4 great races? "like a united nations of the universe" so that would imply that they met together and not after a race went exinct... and really the only one to go extinct was the asguard ... ancients are still around (kinda), nox are here and who knows abt the furballs...
            ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseowl777 View Post
              but didnt ernest say that it was the meeting place of 4 great races? "like a united nations of the universe" so that would imply that they met together and not after a race went exinct... and really the only one to go extinct was the asguard ... ancients are still around (kinda), nox are here and who knows abt the furballs...
              For starters im sorry but this annoys the hell out of me, its Asgard not Asguard. Also it seemed to me the metting place of the 4 great races was an extremely old place seeing as it was collapsing into the sea then eventually did, we dont know how old it was but im guessing it was extremely early into the alliance seeing as there was basic elements etc as a way to attempt to communicate with one another.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseowl777 View Post
                When i said leaving i did not mean extinct (sorry for not explaining it properly)

Yeah, it probly was a "united nations" of sort, however maby it was the kind of united nations where some do the ground work/interfear and others are more of support/left alone (if needed).

It also could have been when they first started their alliance, laying down the ground work etc, as i believe it was writen in a mathamatic universal language (obviously they would have needed to use it to be able to communicate to share),

It may also be that the Asqard, Nox, Ferlings and Ancients were the only "sufficently developed" space faring races in the universe at the time, so it would make sence.

Then again if the ancients were going to ascend they could have left all their knowledge, for the other great races to understand, or vise versa.

...Furballs, hehe
                I Have Information...

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                  nox are hibernating and furlings are being hunted for their fur
                  LoL
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X