X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard thechnology #Matter replicators # Unending spoilers

BEWARE OF SPOILERS

Sorry if this has been done before and if it has i apologize but i could not help myself.When sg1 got the thechnology from the asgard in the episode unending in the middle of the episode carter made modifications to something to create whatever they want out of thin air e.g.tretonin,chello,food.Couldnt that thechnology be used to create usable zpm's.

Until we know what they're made of and exactly how they work, no.

Comment

Agreed, Sam knew the construction of a cello and food etc so she was able to use the 'Matter Converter' she adapted from the beaming technology to make them - but so long as humans don't know what goes into a ZPM, they can't replicate one
      sigpic
      Spoiler:
      President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
      President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
      Forum Charmer
      Forum Ambassador
      Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
      VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
      VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

yes but that's all they have to do is look in the atlantis database and check up zpm's see what it's made of and voila.

Comment

I think it goes deeper than that. I don't believe the converter could be used to create energy, only matter. For example, she couldn't use the converter to creat AA batteries or anything like that. I also wonder that since it's a converter, not a creator, why didn't the ship get smaller?

Comment

that's a good point were did all the material come from for the converter.

Comment

Originally posted by marcws View Post
              yes but that's all they have to do is look in the atlantis database and check up zpm's see what it's made of and voila.
              But they haven't found that information out yet, they are stuck in a time dilation field and they are millions of light years away from Atlantis - they have no means to create one. If the situation was different then possibly
              sigpic
              Spoiler:
              Forum Charmer
              Forum Ambassador
              Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Morrolan View Post
                  I think it goes deeper than that. I don't believe the converter could be used to create energy, only matter. For example, she couldn't use the converter to create AA batteries or anything like that. I also wonder that since it's a converter, not a creator, why didn't the ship get smaller?
                  Carter could have possibly used particles and molecules that were floating around in space - or even ones within the ship that were simply there. That would allow her to create items without taking the ship apart
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:
                  Forum Charmer
                  Forum Ambassador
                  Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

From SG-1's poop.

Seriously.

Comment

If it were that simple, they'd have just found out how to create ZPM's themselves a long time ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Londo Molari View Post
                        From SG-1's poop.

Seriously.
                        Scarily enough - that may be possible lol
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:
                        Forum Charmer
                        Forum Ambassador
                        Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

I think it converted energy into matter, they couldn't just come out and call it a replicator now could they, but it was essentialy a star trek style replicator. She could have used it to create batteries easily as those generally use chemical reactions to produce power. She also could use it to create a ZPM shell, but I don't think they could create a fully charged ZPM unless they used more energy then a fully charged ZPM has, thermodynamics and all.
                          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                            I think it converted energy into matter, they couldn't just come out and call it a replicator now could they, but it was essentialy a star trek style replicator. She could have used it to create batteries easily as those generally use chemical reactions to produce power. She also could use it to create a ZPM shell, but I don't think they could create a fully charged ZPM unless they used more energy then a fully charged ZPM has, thermodynamics and all.
                            I suppose that is possible. I got the impression that the machine broke down matter to create something new. Energy is a possibility, and it would have much longer than 60 years to accumulate enough energy to power a ZPM.

My question is why could they not have created a shield to deflect the Ori blast. It would have taken less than 60 years to design and build.

Comment

Originally posted by Morrolan View Post
                              I suppose that is possible. I got the impression that the machine broke down matter to create something new. Energy is a possibility, and it would have much longer than 60 years to accumulate enough energy to power a ZPM.

My question is why could they not have created a shield to deflect the Ori blast. It would have taken less than 60 years to design and build.
                              Time was always the issue - they didn't have enough time to activate it - they managed to activate the time reversal macro alot quicker then a shield would activate. And Time reversal managed to allo most of the crew to stay the same age. Time reversal was the best option to them
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:
                              Forum Charmer
                              Forum Ambassador
                              Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

Working...
                              X