This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The exploding tumour machine

In the episode it mentions that once the tumour reaches critical mass it explodes. It also mentions that all the materials included in it are attained from the body, so surely if you take it out the body pre-explosion, then it cannot reach critical mass, so cannot explode. So how could it have exploded in Sunday?
    "I don't know what Irony means but I use it alot, Ironic isn't it"

"Sure there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious"

Bloke:Fat Penguin
    Woman:What
    Bloke:I just wanted to say something that would break the ice.

It was already very unstable

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
      It was already very unstable
      That, and that the exploding tumor was nearing its detonation time

Comment

Ok, neither of you read/understood what I wrote.
        "I don't know what Irony means but I use it alot, Ironic isn't it"

"Sure there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious"

Bloke:Fat Penguin
        Woman:What
        Bloke:I just wanted to say something that would break the ice.

Comment

The critical mass thing just means that's when it's going to explode no matter what, it doesn't mean that it can't explode before that time if exposed to sudden movement or something, they meant it more as "that's when the timer on the bomb goes off". I mean after all their use of critical mass wasn't like nuclear critical mass, it was just a chemical explosive. You put certain chemicals together and they'll explode, it doesn't really matter how much you have.
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

i think the radiation helps with the explasion it s like a nuclear bomb strapped with naquada on it
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Salas1 View Post
              In the episode it mentions that once the tumour reaches critical mass it explodes. It also mentions that all the materials included in it are attained from the body, so surely if you take it out the body pre-explosion, then it cannot reach critical mass, so cannot explode. So how could it have exploded in Sunday?
              IT WAS ALREADY AT CRITICAL MASS. THAT IS WHY IT EXPLODED. I TOTALLY READ WHAT YOU WROTE, AS DID THE FIRST TWO REPLIES. DO YOU READ WHAT YOU WROTE?

Comment

Never mind.

Comment

The machine might have interesting consequences for a goauld, if it was applied for a long time (more tumors). Have we ever seen Naquada go nuclear without the presence of uranium or plutonium?
                  Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                  The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                  I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                  A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                  That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                  Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                  Caboose: They could be worse?
                  Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

I'm not sure Naquada has to have uranium or plutonium to go nuclear. If the ancient weapon made human cells irradiate that much energy, it could be equivalent to a nuclear bomb (potentially).

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
                      The machine might have interesting consequences for a goauld, if it was applied for a long time (more tumors). Have we ever seen Naquada go nuclear without the presence of uranium or plutonium?
                      Yeah, it was a potassium and naquadah bomb in Cassie's heart. Potassium and iron as well as the other alkali metals are explosive when they interact with water, possibly the machine made massive build ups of certain of these metals which when all exploded at the same time would make a huge explosion like the one we saw.
                      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by GateR_mk View Post
                        That, and that the exploding tumor was nearing its detonation time
                        I don't know if it was intentional, but reading this with a straight face made me spill coffee all over me.

I still can't get around the idea of exploding tumours.
                        Nevermind if, in the end, it makes for a very gruesome death, and a "formidable" terror inducing weapon.
                        Still, due to the explosive nature of the effects, it makes it worse than than a neutron bomb.
                        Better just nuke a population rather than bother with delayed biological bombs that grow in your guts.
                        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

It seems the ancients couldnt get it to work purely on wraith, but the way it seems is that they did want it to be a part of psycological warfare. At first the tumours were undetectable, and you dont know who is infected until you scan them, I think that would make even the wraith paranoid. Maybe the wraith have more explosive elements in their body than we do, causing a larger explosion per wraith?
                          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Hmm I wonder if they could give a Wraith ship a tumor.
                            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
                              I don't think it would make a difference, it takes more than a random explosion to make something like uranium go nuclear.

Comment

Working...
                              X