Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which weapon system to keep ?which to replace?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which weapon system to keep ?which to replace?

After a decade Earth has access to many advance weapon system.

Which weapon system to keep on the Daedulas class ship?

nuclear Missile,Rail Gun,Dr Felger's energy weapon ,Asgard advance weapon

The missile, in the past either the missile can't penetrate the eneemy shield or they get intercepted .S3 "no man's land ,about 30 of them fire together ,only one get through ,but they deliiver huge explosive power.
    And a missile can be use as ground attack bombing weapon like the Horizon missile (S3 First strike) ,it successfully deliver multiple warhead and dummy decoy , it destroy Asuran's ship yard from orbit..

The Railgun , it is quick to fire multiple shoot ,and it is effective against massive amount of enemy craft like a wave of Wraith darth (like hundreds of them).

Dr Felger's energy weapon :are they going to put it into production.It is base on Goa'uld plasma weapon.It is equivalent to Star Trek's photon torpedo not Phaser. It must deliver a bit of firepower, probably medium, it took about 10 yr to develope, S10 "Bounty" Sam and Dr Lee were able to make the prototype to work .But now the Asgard gave us th advance energy weapon , are we going to use Dr Felger's energy weapon .

The Asgard Energy weapon , it can penetrate even Ori's shield.But it is a bit too powerful.So they probably use it only against the most powerful enemy ship.

I don't think the energy weapon in Bounty was Felger's weapon, unless they stated that, but I don't remember them doing so. Felger's was supposed to be for the 302, while Dr. Lee's weapon seemed tyo be for infantry.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

The railgun they should definatly keep, since they are the best agaist unsheilded targets. The Asgard weapeons are good for big ships like hive ships and sheilded ships. I think they should get rid of the missiles because they get intercepted by the Wraith and they dont do any damage to the Ori.

wasn't Dr.Felger's weapon abandoned in Avenger becuase it didn't work and to make the Avenger program?
      Company of Thieves

Daniel: You might want to prepare to return fire.

Marks: For the record, Im always prepared. I just have to push this button.

Comment

Felger's weapon didn't work. The one in Bounty was also a personal weapon, so that doesn't count for part of a 304's armament.

In answer to the question, simply they all still have their place to play.

Railguns are far more effective for taking out smaller craft like Darts than energy weapons would be. The main reason is that energy differences between them would most likely be huge. This allows them to put extra energy to critical systems like shields etc if they are under attack. Railguns have a much greater rate of fire. The Asgard ones, seemed to fire once every second or two. Whereas a Railgun can output something like 10,000+ rounds a minute. So Railguns are perfect for taking out small craft, maybe even firing into orbit without causing too much collateral damage like seen in 'The Game'.

Warheads should also be kept. Look how many Drones it took to take out a Hive ship in 'No Man's Land', also the power requirements to fire them is huge. Then look at what a single warhead done in the very same ep. The only downside is that they can't be used effectively against shielded targets. However if you could bring those shields down, then it would cause far more damage than energy weapons. As well as probably requiring much less power to use than energy weapons. We also saw how effective they can be when fired in 'Family Ties'. So very good against unshielded targets. Totally awesome when beamed inside a target! You only need to see 'Progeny' for when the Ancients attacked Asurans with their weapons, then in 'First Strike', when warheads were launched at their targets. Should still be kept.

Energy weapons if/when available should always be the primary weapons sytem. Much more effective & efficient than the others when used against main ships in combat. However there will be times when there is no need for them in certain situations or maybe even they prove to be ineffective. If that were to ever happen then they'd look very foolish to be caught out after having removed all other forms of weapons from their ships.

In short, Odyssey proves you can keep all weapons. So there is no need to be losing any. All have their places under certain circumstances & I'm sure they'll be keeping them all. Not to mention JM showed a concept drawing of new Railguns a few months ago that will be brought in to S4 of Atlantis.

Comment

New railguns? I saw that pic, why new railguns? I liked the old ones. Anyway, I agree, they should keep all the weapons as you never know when the beam weapons will break down or something.

Vala,

Comment

Where is the pics of the new rail guns?
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Replace ?!?!?!

Okay, last I checked you can never have too many weapons or diversify your armerment too much.

So, if you have a better more powerful version of lets say the rail guns or missles then you swap them out for the new and improved versions but if you get a totally new weapons system you just add it on rather then use it to replace an existing system that works just fine.

Hay, unless your running out of room to strap stuff on the more the better. It costs time and money to tear out the old stuff that is still good. Just add it on -- no need to tear off the old at least not yet. It's called redundency and diversification.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
                After a decade Earth has access to many advance weapon system.

Which weapon system to keep on the Daedulas class ship?

nuclear Missile,Rail Gun,Dr Felger's energy weapon ,Asgard advance weapon

The missile, in the past either the missile can't penetrate the eneemy shield or they get intercepted .S3 "no man's land ,about 30 of them fire together ,only one get through ,but they deliiver huge explosive power.
                And a missile can be use as ground attack bombing weapon like the Horizon missile (S3 First strike) ,it successfully deliver multiple warhead and dummy decoy , it destroy Asuran's ship yard from orbit..

Maybe

The Railgun , it is quick to fire multiple shoot ,and it is effective against massive amount of enemy craft like a wave of Wraith darth (like hundreds of them).

For sure, keep that, good against small craft like you said

Dr Felger's energy weapon :are they going to put it into production.It is base on Goa'uld plasma weapon.It is equivalent to Star Trek's photon torpedo not Phaser. It must deliver a bit of firepower, probably medium, it took about 10 yr to develope, S10 "Bounty" Sam and Dr Lee were able to make the prototype to work .But now the Asgard gave us th advance energy weapon , are we going to use Dr Felger's energy weapon .

that didnt work very well to begin with, toss it, keep the asguard ones

The Asgard Energy weapon , it can penetrate even Ori's shield.But it is a bit too powerful.So they probably use it only against the most powerful enemy ship.
                See above

I wonder if there will be any good shield upgrades in the near future
                Under the Ice of Antarctica....
                O'Neill: I cant go on....
                Carter: You spent 7 Years on MacGyver and you cant figure this one out. We got belt buckles, and shoelaces and a piece of gum build me a Nuclear reactor for crying out loud. You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimik but now your Mister MacUseless.

Comment

Okay, last I checked you can never have too many weapons or diversify your armerment too much.
                  Yes you can have too much. See WWII for details.

Ditch the main rail guns they were very ineffective. They take too long to bring down shields and they do not inflict enough damage to Hive ships to disable let alone destroy them. Use the space freed up the guns magazines add either extra power generation and or storage capacity.

Keep the AA rail guns. Their high rate of fire and fast tracking speed has let them excel in that role. However, when an energy weapon that has the same capabilities becomes available replace them.

Make the Asgard weapons the standard main cannons.

Keep the missile launch cells.

Make the Horizon launch standard and fill the sucker missiles.

Reprogram all missiles to fly evasively to make them harder to intercept.

Add AA missile launchers for dealing with Alkesh sized craft. They are too big to be easily brought down by AA rail guns and too fast and maneuverable to be hit with Asgard weapons.

Make cloaking a standard feature.

Use tactics to take advantage of all that crap.

Against a Hive ship:

Use the Asgard weapons to knock out weapon emplacements and the Dart bay. If any Drats launch use rail guns and AA missiles to take them out.

After most of the Darts are destroyed launch the F-302s to help in inflicting damage to the Hive's weapons, sensors, and critical systems.

Once the Hive is crippled recall the fighters and launch a nuke.

The 304 needs to fly evasively while doing all of the above.

Comment

Keep it the way it is but add the asgard tech, simply because our projectile weapons have been very useful against more powerful enemys in the past.

Comment

I'd say keep the rail guns, they can be used for point defence against fighters such as Wraith darts.
                      sigpic
                      "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
                      Signature made by RJB

Comment

If it ain't broke don't fix it, Odysee worked pretty good with the upgrades so why not keep the railguns in case, since they did allow us to stand up to 3 Ha'Taks from the Lucians, 3 about double sized ships isn't a bad ratio I'd say.

Comment

You can never havetoo many weapon types. The more the merrier. You never know when after you've taken one out you'll regret it.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

the show andromeda showed that it is never wrong to have to much weapons on a ship you never know what situation will come so better be prepared.

but the stargate world doesn't make sense.

Comment

rail would be good for defense i think such a darts or distractions

they should keep missiles since they could be used to bomb planets or sometinng

the asgard weapons would be useful against any ship

i dont think they intended to ever create felgers weapon or mass produce it, i think was just a reason so he had to find another weapon if not he gets sacked.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X