Ori in Ida?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori in Ida?

In Unending, how did the Ori ships even end up in the Ida Galaxy to begin with? Obviously they would have capable hyperdrives, but before the Asgard core being installed, they couldn't track and follow the Odyssey in Hyperspace to Orilla, so why and how did they end up there?
    sigpic

maybe the ori had just come through a supergate to convert Ida then picked up the odyssey?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaapaai993 View Post
      maybe the ori had just come through a supergate to convert Ida then picked up the odyssey?
      That's the mystery.

Only things I can think of are:
      1. They were looking for the Asgard anyway and the core just showed them where to go.
      2. They were conducting ops on the outer edge of our galaxy and managed to get there really quick when the core was activated.
      3. They picked up some other signal from the Asgard (their main planetary reactors, comms traffic, etc) and were using that to find them until the core was activated and they got exact coordinates.

Comment

The Ori (Adria) can directly tell their followers things, such as Sg1's direction and location.

The Ascended of the MW don't have influence outside our own galaxy, at least not anymore, and not enough to stop the Adria from whispering locations.

Comment

Maybe it was just a thinly veiled attempt at humor. Ori in the Ida galaxy? Ore-Ida = popular selling brand of frozen potatoes in the US?

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18 View Post
            The Ori (Adria) can directly tell their followers things, such as Sg1's direction and location.

The Ascended of the MW don't have influence outside our own galaxy, at least not anymore, and not enough to stop the Adria from whispering locations.
            If that was the case, then why didn't the Ori/Adria just use their powers to destroy the Odyssey outright? We know they can. Or why didn't they capture the Asgard, I'm sure the Ori power could have fixed their genetic flaw, of course then, they would be captured for study.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
              If that was the case, then why didn't the Ori/Adria just use their powers to destroy the Odyssey outright? We know they can. Or why didn't they capture the Asgard, I'm sure the Ori power could have fixed their genetic flaw, of course then, they would be captured for study.

Vala,
              interfering a little bit is OK. But destroying Odyssey is not OK
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

Vala,
                Although the Ori do this kind of thing all the time in their own galaxy, doing it in Ida is something that the Ascended would normally not accept. However, now that her group of followers is a lot larger, Adria has enough power to threaten the Ascended, and so they would probably let her do a little more in their vicinity, yet not that much.

Comment

what sort of story would come after that if suddenly adria decided to blow up the oddessy?????

the ori have invaded many galaxies as mentioned somewhere, maybe the ori ships were broading there religion to ida when they detected the asgard signiture
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                    what sort of story would come after that if suddenly adria decided to blow up the oddessy?????

the ori have invaded many galaxies as mentioned somewhere, maybe the ori ships were broading there religion to ida when they detected the asgard signiture
                    That was some misreported news from the 3rd episode of season 10, they actually took over 6 more planets, not galaxies.

Vala,

Comment

Perhaps they did not want that easy a victory... who knows.

Comment

There are other nagging facts as well :

Carter speculated (and whenever she does so, we're usually supposed to take it as fact) that the Ori could keep the super wormhole open indefinitely. Since on two separate occasions, the wormhole was shut down, either Sam was wrong or the Ori chose to shut it down. Although, Daniel wasn't able to keep the wormhole open indefinitely, so i guess Carter was wrong.

In Crusade, six ships are shown on screen and it's implied that there at least ten on Vala's planet alone. The force sent through in Camelot was only four ships. So it begs the question, what did they do with the other ships ? Six more ships come through in the Shroud, but that doesn't include the one with Adria aboard that was sent back, nor ships built on other planets, nor any ships built in the meantime.

The Ori have been very matter-of-fact with enemy technology in their crusade ; Earth was prioritised lower because of its Ancient defenses (and thus potential to stop one or more of the ships), as soon as Dakara was learnt of, Adria headed straight there. The Asgard are allied to Earth and would be perceived as the biggest threat. So it makes sense that ships were sent to Ida, that the Asgard have been fighting a running battle with the Ori and hence absent.

The Ori could have sent puddle-jumper sized ships through gates to Ida, had them jump away and start working on building a Supergate. The Asgard may might have been fighting off these smaller ships, or even affected by Prior plague, which could help explain their health issues. I definitely believe that the anti-mothership technology was new, probably back-engineered from the captured satellite in Ethon. Thus, once the Ori realised the Asgard were working on a weapon, they increased the pressure on the Asgard.

Alternatively, the Supergate in the MW was used before we found it, but the ships sent through travelled to Ida via hyperspace.

Comment

Originally posted by YodaMate View Post
                          There are other nagging facts as well :

Carter speculated (and whenever she does so, we're usually supposed to take it as fact) that the Ori could keep the super wormhole open indefinitely. Since on two separate occasions, the wormhole was shut down, either Sam was wrong or the Ori chose to shut it down. Although, Daniel wasn't able to keep the wormhole open indefinitely, so i guess Carter was wrong.

In Crusade, six ships are shown on screen and it's implied that there at least ten on Vala's planet alone. The force sent through in Camelot was only four ships. So it begs the question, what did they do with the other ships ? Six more ships come through in the Shroud, but that doesn't include the one with Adria aboard that was sent back, nor ships built on other planets, nor any ships built in the meantime.

The Ori have been very matter-of-fact with enemy technology in their crusade ; Earth was prioritised lower because of its Ancient defenses (and thus potential to stop one or more of the ships), as soon as Dakara was learnt of, Adria headed straight there. The Asgard are allied to Earth and would be perceived as the biggest threat. So it makes sense that ships were sent to Ida, that the Asgard have been fighting a running battle with the Ori and hence absent.

The Ori could have sent puddle-jumper sized ships through gates to Ida, had them jump away and start working on building a Supergate. The Asgard may might have been fighting off these smaller ships, or even affected by Prior plague, which could help explain their health issues. I definitely believe that the anti-mothership technology was new, probably back-engineered from the captured satellite in Ethon. Thus, once the Ori realised the Asgard were working on a weapon, they increased the pressure on the Asgard.

Alternatively, the Supergate in the MW was used before we found it, but the ships sent through travelled to Ida via hyperspace.
                          That NEVER happened. The Ori either weren't interested in the Asgard or they didn't know about them. Plus, the Asgard spent all their time on their home planet building the new weapons for Earth in order to fight the Ori, not fighting the Ori themselves.

Vala,

Comment

That NEVER happened. The Ori either weren't interested in the Asgard or they didn't know about them. Plus, the Asgard spent all their time on their home planet building the new weapons for Earth in order to fight the Ori, not fighting the Ori themselves.

Vala,
                            I agree the Ori did not know about the Asgard
                            sigpic

Comment

Clearly by Unending the Ori do know about the Asgard. And since the Ori themselves or the Priors/Doci had a chance to read Daniel's mind and learn about the MW Galaxy (even to the point of learning there were Ancient defenses on Earth), there's no reason why they wouldn't know about the Asgard (and Pegasus as well).

The original poster pointed out that the Ori travelled to Ida in Unending, the question of the thread been how/why.

The Asgard excuses for not getting more involved in the Ori war (which i know is due to out-of-universe factors) don't work well for me thematically or logically ; Thor and Freyr alone are in "another galaxy" on 'business', so what about the rest of them ? If the MW falls, the Ascended war will begin, it doesn't feel true to me that the rest of the Asgard would sit on their hands and reconstruct their society when they'll probably be wiped out anyway.

Of course, that's the official line, but there are holes in it, i simply created possibilities around those holes to make the story make more sense to me and to answer the original poster's question. I know it's not official , what i'd like to know is the scenario i presented feasible ? We know the Asgard don't tell Earth everything, after all SG-1 had no idea that the knowledge database was in the works until the finished product was presented to them.

Comment

Working...
                              X