Sci Fi's SG-1 "tribute"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sci Fi's SG-1 "tribute"

I think it was alright, good clips and liked the soundtrack of the clips as the credits were running. But was anyone else a bit sick about and sort of felt like it was a slap in the face when they "thanked" SG-1 for 10 amazing seasons when they were the ones who canned it and prevented another network from picking it up?

i agree totally i was so mad at sci fi when i heard about that
    "It took us fifteen years and three supercomputers to MacGyver a way to power the gate."

Comment

Same here. Also, they were off by 2 about how many great seasons there were.

Comment

I agree! SG-1 had 12 great seasons (in some parallel quantum reality at least)!

Comment

Originally posted by squeakypants View Post
          Same here. Also, they were off by 2 about how many great seasons there were.
          Indeed. Seasons 7 and 8 were getting a bit boring. Good thing they freshened it up for 9 and 10!

Comment

I didn't know that scifi prevented another network from picking up SG-1
            And you would think that after 10 years they would of gotten more than a couple of mins. as a tribute.
            This is just MHO

I liken Stargate to MASH:
            Both were movies
            Both became series(IMHO I like the series better than the movie)
            But I remember when MASH last showed and all the hoopla about it, and in more recent time was Friends. It was almost like scifi just didn't want to give them their due and I think that is really a shame.

Dolphin
            Last edited by PurpleDolphin; 24 June 2007, 10:36 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something

Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell:
            The hard part of this team is not risking your own life, it's watching your friends take chances with theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleDolphin View Post
              I didn't know that scifi prevented another network from picking up SG-1
              And you would think that after 10 years they would of gotten more than a couple of mins. as a tribute.
              This is just MHO

I liken Stargate to MASH:
              Both were movies
              Both became series(IMHO I like the series better than the movie)
              But I remember when MASH last showed and all the hoopla about it, and in more recent time was Friends. It was almost like scifi just didn't want to give them their due and I think that is really a shame.

Dolphin
              SciFi prevented from MGM looking for a new US outlet. They could do so with a stipulation in their contract.

Comment

Working...
              X