• Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tech Device...

if they have the ability to do things like:

creating a time dilation field
    shifting and entire planet out of phase
    destroying a star in a few minutes
    enter alternate multiverses (universes for the less intelligent as you cannot have 2 universes... it is oxymoronic and grammatically illegal in most cases)
    create a weapon to kill beings who exist on a different plane of existence from our plane of existence
    overcome inertia
    collapse a planet/star into a microsingularity to generate a massive pan-universe intergalactic mega-wormhole
    etc...

then wouldn't it be possible/feesible to create a device that bends and flexes space within a defined field with noticeable change to one outside the field, but no change/effect to those within it? why, you ask? simple...

attach the device to the Daedelus, active it so that the entire ship, inclusive if its contents, is enveloped by the field, and the field envelopes ONLY the ship. then narrow the field until its only a few feet wide... and there you go, the Daedelus can now fly through a stargate unscathed...

the Daedelus, or anything too large for a stargate, can now travel across the galaxy in a few moments rather than fly through hyperspace...
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post

enter alternate multiverses (universes for the less intelligent as you cannot have 2 universes... it is oxymoronic and grammatically illegal in most cases)
    create a weapon to kill beings who exist on a different plane of existence from our plane of existence
    overcome inertia
    collapse a planet/star into a microsingularity to generate a massive pan-universe intergalactic mega-wormhole
    etc...

then wouldn't it be possible/feesible to create a device that bends and flexes space within a defined field with noticeable change to one outside the field, but no change/effect to those within it? why, you ask? simple...

attach the device to the Daedelus, active it so that the entire ship, inclusive if its contents, is enveloped by the field, and the field envelopes ONLY the ship. then narrow the field until its only a few feet wide... and there you go, the Daedelus can now fly through a stargate unscathed...

the Daedelus, or anything too large for a stargate, can now travel across the galaxy in a few moments rather than fly through hyperspace...
    We cannot enter another reality by will, it is done by accident(spelling?).

We could just another supergate and used the one already in ours and put the one we made into the PG which would be much easier to do. This device you speak of looks like it could be done with technology from the 24th century from Star Trek or something like that(IMO).

Comment

1. the technology exists to enter parallel universes, does indeed exist... we saw it when Sam was either a Major, it was that mirror thing with the dial device, remember? and the only way Daniel knew which universe to go back into was Sam's insignia...
      2. in order to create a supergate you need to destroy a planet/star, so to create a new one would not be a good idea for us, especially if the system is inhabited. B. having a supergate is not a good idea right now for us because we do not have the ships that would be needed to protect it, nor do we know (to the best of my knowledge) how to dial one, but i guess we could figure it out... that and having a Supergate opens the possibly for other races we have yet to discover, who might have supergates, to enter the MW and start another war

at least with this device, if we create it, we're the only ones with it, AND it makes supergates pointless if we can get a ZPM to power the 8th chevron

plus, it would cost significantly less to build a space-bender than a supergate... not to mention (again) you do not need to destroy a star/planet just to activate it

Comment

This space-bender of your what tech will we use to build it.

Comment

lol at ur sig Amb. Shepphard(ARC)

just occurred to me, imagine if they has this space bender thing, then enemy's like asurans could be taken car of easily

how?

get a Stargate, fold up a big ass asteroid or planet or even a sun, and send it through the gate. it unpacks on the other side, and there you go, big disaster on their planet

also, we know gate can be programed to forward their message on as soon as they gate it, like the
          Spoiler:
          intergalactic gate bridge
          so if a wraith / asuran did this, and reprogrammed a gate to go somewhere else, say...... the geni home world, then the Daedalus would unfold inside their underground bunker, which so have some bad effects on the ship i believe?

Comment

Originally posted by Amb. Shepphard(ARC) View Post
            This space-bender of your what tech will we use to build it.
            The advanced tech we have has been acquired from other races first we gotta figure that out, never mind inventing space bending tech cmon now. I mean we can easily get anywhere in the two galaxys we are in and lets see where Stargate Universe takes us.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
              The advanced tech we have has been acquired from other races first we gotta figure that out, never mind inventing space bending tech cmon now. I mean we can easily get anywhere in the two galaxys we are in and lets see where Stargate Universe takes us.
              What advances race you have seen that has that tech? The only space-beanding tech we've seen is from the Tolan and they are dead. The only thing they gave us is the plans for the Ion Canons.

Comment

overcome inertia
                etc...

Yes, you would think so. Unfortunately the minds of the writers control the show, and such things would give us enormous advantages. Also, with the rate Humans are advancing its likely it won't take us nearly as long to advance to the technological level of the Ancients, as it took the Ancients to get there. But because its Sci Fi its really all our imagination.
                www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

What advances race you have seen that has that tech? The only space-beanding tech we've seen is from the Tolan and they are dead. The only thing they gave us is the plans for the Ion Canons.
                  I was on your side i never said we have space bending tech, i said we gotta deal with the insane amount of advanced tech we have just now, never mind creating space bending tech when we have no real need for it. Lets see what Stargate Universe brings us.

Comment

I was on your side i never said we have space bending tech, i said we gotta deal with the insane amount of advanced tech we have just now, never mind creating space bending tech when we have no real need for it. Lets see what Stargate Universe brings us.
                    oh, sorry I havent had much sleep lately as I have been staying wake alot.

Comment

oh, sorry I havent had much sleep lately as I have been staying wake alot.
                      Lol no worries.

Comment

Lol no worries.
                        ok

Back on topic everyone.

Comment

well

Spoiler:
                          with the tech we've inherited from the asgard now... and all of their collective knowledge

coupled with the ancient database in atlantis i'm sure we can figure something out to bend space with

i mean we did devise a way to gate to another galaxy WITHOUT a ZPM...

Comment

well

Spoiler:
                            with the tech we've inherited from the asgard now... and all of their collective knowledge

coupled with the ancient database in atlantis i'm sure we can figure something out to bend space with

i mean we did devise a way to gate to another galaxy WITHOUT a ZPM...
                            That was only because Jack had the Ancient Knowlegde downloaded in his head.

Comment

That was only because Jack had the Ancient Knowlegde downloaded in his head.
                              no, i meant the McKay-Carter Intergalactic Gate Bridge

Comment

Working...
                              X