the Sangraal and Priors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Sangraal and Priors

If the Sangraal did kill the Ori, would it also render priors powerless?

There's one big question we need to answer here. Do the priors get thier powers funneled to them directly by the Ori, or are they augmented to be able to produce the effects themselves? If the former they are now powerless, if the latter they aren't.

And, no I don't think killing the Ori would stop thier followers. Look at religions here on Earth, in real life, thier gods have never shown themselves to thier followers yet there will always be fanatics of every religion.

Well personally I think the Ori are already dead, so no, I don't think their death could stop the priors. They're just advanced humans, we've seen humans with similar powers before.

Comment

If they got their powers directly from the Ori they wouldnt be able to use them in the MW galaxy so I would say that the Priors possess powers themselves and thus are unaffected by the Sangraal.

Comment

I think the Priors probably create their powers themselves, so they should still have them.

Comment

It's all mental energy, it's not supplied by the Ori.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            Well personally I think the Ori are already dead, so no, I don't think their death could stop the priors. They're just advanced humans, we've seen humans with similar powers before.
            I definitely still think the Priors represent a significant threat. Ori or not. That's why Ark of Truth should be a wild ride.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I, actully think that if the ori was destroyed the priors would loose thier power because the Ori seem to give the priors their energy. But then again who knows?

Comment

One thing i would like to know about prior's is, does their staff have power in and of itself, or is it just more of a tool for focusing their own powers?

Comment

The Sangraal definitely does nothing to the Priors, for the Ori altered them, but don't actually feed them their power.

As for their staffs, they do seem to be more for focusing their powers and I'd also say possible linking between Priors, mainly because of how they can use the staff to "transport" consciousnesses to Celestis to Priorify.

This, though, is probably technology, and also not dependant on the Ori. They probably tried to invest as little energy as possible on their followers.

Comment

Working...
                  X