Levels of Ascension

So from what we know there are different levels of Ascension so far

1. Physical Beings
    2. Advanced Humans
    3. Adria
    4.Energy Being From Atlantis
    5.Anubis
    10. Ancinets/Ori

This is a basic list but I was wondering is there a level past that of the ancinets and ori and are there more gaps like I have and what do you think fills them? I mean beings of pure energy but can't do what the ancinets do or being so more powerful then the ancinets that it would makes them scared so just wondering what you guys think
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

There are no levels of ascension. You're either ascended or you're not, just like you're either pregnant or you're not.

Humans on the path to ascension aren't ascended yet, so while they have some nifty abilities, they're still human until they ascend.
    Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

If there is something on a HIGHER plane of existence than the Ancients, it must be pretty powerful. And, I do think there are different levels between the physical and ascended planes. The entity from Atlantis fed off energy. Anubis could take over someone and could go through walls so yes, I believe there are different planes between terrestrial and ancient level). Maybe the SGA entity was some animal they partially ascended. anyway, if 3 is the entity and 5 is anubis, 6,7,8, and 9 would be something like this:
      6. Increased comprehension of the universe
      7. Omniscience
      8. some level of power( controlling the weather)
      9. Ability to leave physical plane of existence
      10. Ability to ascend others (ancient/ori level)
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
        So from what we know there are different levels of Ascension so far

1. Physical Beings
        2. Advanced Humans
        3. Adria
        4.Energy Being From Atlantis
        5.Anubis
        10. Ancinets/Ori

This is a basic list but I was wondering is there a level past that of the ancinets and ori and are there more gaps like I have and what do you think fills them? I mean beings of pure energy but can't do what the ancinets do or being so more powerful then the ancinets that it would makes them scared so just wondering what you guys think
        Personally I'd consider 1, 2 and 3 to be the same level of existence. They're all just corporeal form.

Originally posted by Jarnin View Post
        There are no levels of ascension. You're either ascended or you're not, just like you're either pregnant or you're not.

Humans on the path to ascension aren't ascended yet, so while they have some nifty abilities, they're still human until they ascend.
        I think he means planes of existence, there are supposed to be many between human existence and ascension.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
          And, I do think there are different levels between the physical and ascended planes.
          That isn't what this list is about. This list is about different levels of ascension, like you have a level 1 mage in World of Warcraft, and a level 70 mage in World of Warcraft. fugiman is making ascension into a role-playing scenario as if one ascended being was lower level than another. That isn't the case.

The entity from Atlantis fed off energy.
          That is an attribute of being ascended, not a state of existence.

Anubis could take over someone and could go through walls...
          Again, those are attributes of being ascended, not a state of existence. Ascended beings have those abilities because they're ascended.

so yes, I believe there are different planes between terrestrial and ancient level.
          Define planes. Are we talking about other space-time dimensions, or the traditional mythological planes, like heaven, hell, and so on?

Maybe the SGA entity was some animal they partially ascended.
          That's the impression I got, but you can't be 'partially ascended'. You either are or you aren't. Hey, maybe that was a lab rat for the ascension machine that zapped Rodney?

6. Increased comprehension of the universe
          That would be an attribute of being ascended.
          7. Omniscience
          Isn't Omniscience the same thing as an increased comprehension of the universe?

8. some level of power( controlling the weather)
          Didn't Daniel control the weather in The Quest Pt. II when he pulled an Oma and zapped the Ori soldiers with lightning? Apparently that isn't tied to being ascended, as Daniel was still a mortal being.

9. Ability to leave physical plane of existence
          This is also an attribute of being ascended, of course we still haven't defined what a 'plane of existence' is yet.

10. Ability to ascend others (ancient/ori level)
          Also an ascended attribute.

Originally posted by jenks
          Personally I'd consider 1, 2 and 3 to be the same level of existence. They're all just corporeal form.
          Exactly, which is why they don't deserve to be on the list of ascension. I mean technically, that list should look like this:

1. Not ascended
          2. Ascended

Originally posted by jenks
          I think he means planes of existence, there are supposed to be many between human existence and ascension.
          Perhaps once we can define 'planes of existence' then we can proceed.

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

7. Omniscience
            That's doesn't make sense. Omniscience means to be all-knowing, and Ascended beings are definitely not all-knowing, they just have a much better understanding of the universe than normal people do.
            Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
            Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
            Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
            --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

1. Not ascended
              2. Ascended
              I guess Levels of Ascension was a bad title but I guess what I was trying to say was from human to Ascended being there are different levels such as Anubis Olma say that there were diffetent levels from human to ascended being? That is what I meant so what are the different stages

and Jarnin you don't have to be an ass
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic
              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

I guess Levels of Ascension was a bad title but I guess what I was trying to say was from human to Ascended being there are different levels such as Anubis Olma say that there were diffetent levels from human to ascended being?
                Anubis and Oma are ascended beings. There is no difference between the two. The whole point of their fighting was that they were equally matched (as in they had the same abilities and powers). As long as Oma attacked Anubis, Anubis would have no choice but to defend himself or else be destroyed by Oma.

That is what I meant so what are the different stages
                If you're talking about the stages of development before a mortal beings ascends, then you might have something. The whole ascend-o-meter lends credit to that idea.

and Jarnin you don't have to be an ass
                Since when does asking questions and trying to contribute to a topic make someone an "ass"?

Comment

Since when does asking questions and trying to contribute to a topic make someone an "ass"?

When you shoot everyone down who has an idea that makes you an ass

Now back to the topic

Anubis said as Jim in the Dinner in Threads

JIM/ANUBIS: There are many planes of existence between human existence and ascension. Basically, the Others use their collective powers to keep him from affecting anything on a grand, cosmic level.

So that is why I am asking what are the planes that seperate us, or the levels
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic

Comment

When you shoot everyone down who has an idea that makes you an ass
                    I'm not shooting you down, I'm saying some of your ideas don't follow what has been established in the show.

Anubis said as Jim in the Dinner in Threads

JIM/ANUBIS: There are many planes of existence between human existence and ascension. Basically, the Others use their collective powers to keep him from affecting anything on a grand, cosmic level.

So that is why I am asking what are the planes that seperate us, or the levels
                    They've never actually gotten into saying what 'planes of existence' there are besides mortal and ascended. It's all metaphysical stuff; left to the viewers to contemplate.

Comment

They've never actually gotten into saying what 'planes of existence' there are besides mortal and ascended. It's all metaphysical stuff; left to the viewers to contemplate.
                      And that is why I am asking what people think they are, I wasn't looking for canon but speculation
                      A Face you Can Trust
                      sigpic

Comment

And that is why I am asking what people think they are, I wasn't looking for canon but speculation
                        OK, no offense, but this isn't really a science or technology thread. I could go on and on about the different energy beings in Stargate, as they all represent elementals from mythology, but mythology isn't really science or technology.

This thread would get a lot more attention in the general forum for sure.

Comment

OK, no offense, but this isn't really a science or technology thread. I could go on and on about the different energy beings in Stargate, as they all represent elementals from mythology, but mythology isn't really science or technology.

This thread would get a lot more attention in the general forum for sure.
                          I guess I could ask to move it but I wanted to know the scinece of each level, and see if what I was saying was plausible
                          A Face you Can Trust
                          sigpic

Comment

I guess I could ask to move it but I wanted to know the scinece of each level, and see if what I was saying was plausible
                            You're talking about metaphysics, which has nothing to do with physics or science.

Comment

You're talking about metaphysics, which has nothing to do with physics or science.
                              Alright, Alright I asked the mods to move this thead so don't get your Panties in a twist
                              A Face you Can Trust
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X