What do you think about Stargate SG-1 Ending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think about Stargate SG-1 Ending

I feel sad about it. But it's great there gonna have movies.

It was
    crap

Comment

It was too sad and depressing honestly. They should have made it be an awsome episode like "The Shroud" or something like that.

Vala,

Comment

It was fantastic that we got all of the Asguards knowledge and everything, but blow themselves up???

Well, in the least, it was an ending and im sure that the producers and writers would have made it the way they did for a reason, probly something we will find out about in the movie/s to come.

But I would have prefered something a little less 'open' and damaging to Sg-1...esspecially poor Teal'c

What do you guys think?
        sigpic
        *Voting for The Doctor and the Wild Man marriage in season 5 of Atlantis*

"On the other hand, you're an evil killing machine, so no, I'll pass...
        ...Why, why, why, why, in the wide world of all things rational and sane, would I help you?...
        ...Trying to leave? Sorry. A little more time in Danny's world!
        "

Comment

Originally posted by MSHANKS35 View Post
          I feel sad about it. But it's great there gonna have movies.
          I wonder WHY they're doing it! It's not like SG1 gets bad ratings, it's a very popular show. And, are you really Michael Shanks? I know you're name says so, but there are also plenty of people saying they're Britney Spears online too.

Comment

No I'm not I just use that for a user ID.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended One View Post
              I wonder WHY they're doing it! It's not like SG1 gets bad ratings, it's a very popular show. And, are you really Michael Shanks? I know you're name says so, but there are also plenty of people saying they're Britney Spears online too.
              The reason they are doing it is money or the lack of it for MGM and ratings on the SciFi channel.
              Last edited by Starpass; 19 June 2007, 11:18 AM. Reason: post was incomplete
              sigpic

Comment

I have mixed feelings about SG-1 ending. On one hand, I'm very grateful we were given these ten wonderful seasons. Definitely some of the best television I've ever watched.

On the other hand though, I am quite sad. I will miss SG-1 very much, especially next season when SGA's fourth season starts without SG-1 to accompany it.

The upcoming DVD movies do excite me though. I can't wait to get a hold of both of them, and hope they do very well in sales. That way, maybe we can look forward to at least a few more in the future.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think that it just plain stinks. While I believe that the recent cast changes may have hurt the series a bit, ( I mean, who doesn't miss RDA's unique brand of irreverent comedy?) I think the new cast members do offer something and they are starting to gel well with AT, MS and CJ.

The series still has life left in it, and I curse Sciffy for pulling the plug. To that end, I've stopped watching the channel with the exception of SGA. I can get my "B" movies via Netflix and not have to sit through 40 minutes of commercials.

I'm going to be very sad this Friday night. Very sad. But I'll also be celebrating the 10 fantastic years of Stargate that I was lucky enough to enjoy, and looking forward to Ark, Continuum and Stargate Worlds.

It's kind of bittersweet to know that the franchise will continue, albeit without my favorite part of it.

Syfy: Where science fiction goes to die...

Comment

Well, after seeing the show shift from Showtime to SKiffy, to charcters killed off and new villains created, well, er, um, it doesn't bother me so much as it's been a decade. All shows come to an end. It's sad but we all knew it was going to happen sooner than later. Good thing is, they didn't pull a Blake's 7 (which had a bad ending) and it will continue to live in at least two movies.

And one day we'll be sitting here going "Gah, 'Stargate: The Teenage Years', this franchise has gone to the dogs!" But then fondly watching our ancient DVDs of SG1 (and SGA, at least I will <G>)

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      And one day we'll be sitting here going "Gah, 'Stargate: The Teenage Years', this franchise has gone to the dogs!" But then fondly watching our ancient DVDs of SG1 (and SGA, at least I will <G>)
                      While I certainly wouldn't be one looking forward to Stargate: The Teenage Years, I hope the franchise does continue on for quite some time. I hope the SG-1 movies do well, SGA continues on for some time to come, and the third series gets off the ground and is successful.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well I have to say it was a rather large disappointment, but since I expected to be disappointed, not a surprise! I didn't think much of the episode, and certainly not as an ending after 10 years.

It just seemed so..........low key. It was almost as if the energy had gone out of the cast/crew/writers. Maybe the cancellation sapped their energy and their drive. The whole idea of being trapped in the time dilation field was interesting, but after being trapped for 50 years suddenly she has the answer.
                        Which btw I don't recall her actually saying HOW she suddenly had it or what it was. It just seemed that the solution was suddenly there and suddenly things were back the way they were. I find it hard to accept the idea that they would sit there for 50 years and not be more proactive about getting out of that situation.

Without RDA's reaction to Sam's geek speek, listening to AT spout off bafflegab (particularly this episode) just made me want to turn off the tube. And I've always liked AT, but this was a bore. (Look at earlier years, and she looks and sounds a lot more vibrant. I don't know if it's lighting or make up or what, but she almost LOOKS and sounds monochromatic and monotone).

For me the show was RDA, the sense of humour that pervaded the show, its energy and that it was sci-fi. Any humour left the show with him; his absence (before and behind the camera) clearly did not help.

And yes finally since I'm a Jack/Sam shipper, I would have liked for ONCE to have seen some dialogue about her personal feelings about Jack. Maybe some disappointment about what didn't happen between them or what could have been, anything that would at least give the character some dimension, instead of being just Soldier Sam and a mouth piece for geek speek!!

I would have to give this one a two thumbs down. As an episode it wasn't great, but as a major series finale it was a huge disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          While I certainly wouldn't be one looking forward to Stargate: The Teenage Years, I hope the franchise does continue on for quite some time. I hope the SG-1 movies do well, SGA continues on for some time to come, and the third series gets off the ground and is successful.
                          Oh I hope so. If they do that I think I'll end up puking, though it was funny in 200 it's not a good idea for a series.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I wish I can see a 3.0 US rating for the final episode!
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              I wish I can see a 3.0 US rating for the final episode!

For that alone you get GREEN! The funniest joke I've heard this week (I think they'll be lucky to get a 1.9)

Comment

Working...
                              X