Specs for the BC-304

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Specs for the BC-304

Does anyone have good specs on the BC-304?

Lenght
    Weapons
    Hyperdrive
    Crew Needed to pilot
    and so on I will green you if a I can if you give me some good specs

Also what kind of Naquada Generator do we use for our ships?
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
    Does anyone have good specs on the BC-304?

Lenght
    Approximately 400-700 meters in length, depending on who you ask, and which episode they did their scalings from.

Weapons
    VLS missile launchers (might not exist on newer models)
    Railgun Turrets (might not exist on newer models)
    Horizon Weapon System (might not exist on newer models)
    Asgard Beam Weapons (might not work)

Hyperdrive
    Uh, Asgard design-human built? If you're looking for a speed, it's around 2 LY/s.

Crew Needed to pilot

Also what kind of Naquada Generator do we use for our ships?
    As far as I know, they haven't ever used Naquadah generators on Tau'ri ships. They used to use a Naquadria reactor, but that proved to be too unstable. It was replaced with an unknown power generator (possibly Asgard-designed, definitely Tau'ri built).
    Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Averge Crew Size instead of what is needed I mean a few hundred or what?
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Good question. It's never really been mentioned in any episode that I can recall. I know the Prometheus had a crew size of about 75 or so, so that would probably be the low end for a Daedalus class ship.

If I had to guess, it'd probably be 75-150 or so.

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Probably not that many, I know it seems like a big ship (compared to other Earth vessels) but a lot of it appears to be missile silos. A lot of the rest of the space is probably taken up by various machinery (life support, etc...). That being said they could still have a good size crew with limited space if they used a system of hot bunking.
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
            Probably not that many, I know it seems like a big ship (compared to other Earth vessels) but a lot of it appears to be missile silos.
            The VLS takes up a relatively small portion of the front end of the ship. In fact, the hangers take up a lot more volume than the VLS does.

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
            That being said they could still have a good size crew with limited space if they used a system of hot bunking.
            Hot bunking is only used when you have a large crew on a ship that isn't capable of hosting a crew that large.

However, since we know the ship can be operated for long durations with a skeleton crew of ~6 people, it's likely that most of the systems are heavily automated.

Like I said, the crew compliment is probably 75-150.

Comment

Try to fill this in please

~Designation:
              ~Role:
              ~Users:
              ~Technology Base:
              Build Time:
              ~Dimensions:
              -Length:
              -Width:
              -Height:
              -Decks:
              ~Capacity:
              -Crew:
              ~Troops
              -Maximum Capacity:
              ~Powerplant:

~Propulsion:

~Hull:
              ~Armament:

~Defenses:

~Additional Technology:
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic

Comment

Christ, someone's doing a RPG.

~Designation: Deep Space Carrier (Screenshot), BattleCruiser (speculation, as that is what BC stands for).
                ~Role: Planetary Defense, Stargate Team Support, Long-term Reconnaissance and Strategic Weapons Deployment
                ~Users: Tau'ri, Pirates (Vala Mal Doran), Prior (Daniel Jackson)
                ~Technology Base: Tau'ri / Asgard
                Build Time: 1 Earth Year
                ~Dimensions:
                -Length: ???
                -Width: ???
                -Height: ???
                -Decks: ???
                ~Capacity:
                -Crew: 75 - 150
                ~Troops
                -Maximum Capacity: 350? Anyone recall from the episode where they found the Orion? Caldwell said several trips....
                ~Powerplant: Unknown.

~Propulsion: Unknown. Assumed chemical propellant technology mixed with Asgard upgrades.

~Hull: Trinium Alloy

~Armament:
                VLS missile launchers
                Railgun Turrets
                Horizon Weapon System (Special Operations - USAF Apollo)
                Asgard Beam Weapons (USAF Odyssey Only)
                16x F-302 Advanced Space Fighters

~Defenses:
                Asgard-designed Shields

~Additional Technology:
                Ring-Transport Technology
                Asgard Beaming Technology
                Advanced Asgard Sensors (Integrated with Beaming Technology)
                Cloaking Technology (USAF Odyssey)
                Asgard Computer Core (USAF Odyssey)
                Asgard Advanced Defense System (USAF Odyssey)
                Asgard Advanced Weapons System (USAF Odyssey)
                Asgard Advanced Hyperdrive System (USAF Odyssey)

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin View Post
                  The VLS takes up a relatively small portion of the front end of the ship. In fact, the hangers take up a lot more volume than the VLS does.

Yeah I looked at some pictures after I posted it, and the missile silos aren't near as big as I remember

Hot bunking is only used when you have a large crew on a ship that isn't capable of hosting a crew that large.

However, since we know the ship can be operated for long durations with a skeleton crew of ~6 people, it's likely that most of the systems are heavily automated.

Like I said, the crew compliment is probably 75-150.
                  I never disagreed with your numbers, I said it probably wasn't a couple hundred.
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

The BC-304's sublight engines look a bit like the Hebridan Ion propultion systems to me. The powersource for the 302 & 303 has never been confirmed but I expect the 303 used naqudah generators. The Naquadria generator was for the hyperdrive only. The BC-304 however uses a 'Relative Singularity Generator' according to the producers. Considering our space experience this seems feasable.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

The crew number of a BC-304 is around 200

Quote from 'No Mans Land'

McKAY: Good. Good. (They enter a room and Rodney smiles at what he sees.) Ah, now we're talking. How many more of these do we have?

(Crewmen are unpacking sets of breathing gear.)

KLEINMAN: Twenty in total.

McKAY: How many people on board?

KLEINMAN: In and around the two hundred mark.
                      Prometheus's crew is about 120

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                        Christ, someone's doing a RPG.

~Designation: Deep Space Carrier (Screenshot), BattleCruiser (speculation, as that is what BC stands for). Big Carrier? Battle Cart?
                        ~Role: Planetary Defense, Stargate Team Support, Long-term Reconnaissance and Strategic Weapons Deployment
                        ~Users: Tau'ri, Pirates (Vala Mal Doran), Prior (Daniel Jackson)
                        ~Technology Base: Tau'ri / Asgard & Goa'uld (rings)
                        Build Time: 1 Earth Year
                        ~Dimensions:
                        -Length: 450 or 700 m (ultimately, even if you disagree with the calcs, you can still use the correct proportional ratios found here)
                        -Width: See above
                        -Height: See above
                        -Decks: See above
                        ~Capacity: To transport what exactly?
                        -Crew: 75 - 150 Can be reduced to two crewmembers for most basic tasks, such as piloting, activating defenses and weapons on auto
                        ~Troops
                        -Maximum Capacity: 350? Anyone recall from the episode where they found the Orion? Caldwell said several trips....
                        ~Powerplant: Unknown. Likely a naqahdah based generator

~Propulsion: Unknown. Assumed chemical propellant technology mixed with Asgard upgrades. The standard 304 would likely use hebridan ion drives

~Hull: Trinium Alloy

~Armament:
                        VLS missile launchers 2 racks of 8 parallel dorsal silos, plus an array of more directional missile launchers underneath, probably around 6-8 tubes
                        Railgun Turrets with apparently a glaring dead angle for any ship placed underneath
                        Horizon Weapon System (Special Operations - USAF Apollo)
                        Asgard Beam Weapons (USAF Odyssey Only)
                        16x F-302 Advanced Space Fighters

~Defenses:
                        Asgard-designed Shields

~Additional Technology:
                        Ring-Transport Technology
                        Asgard Beaming Technology
                        Advanced Asgard Sensors (Integrated with Beaming Technology)
                        Cloaking Technology (USAF Odyssey)
                        Asgard Computer Core (USAF Odyssey)
                        Asgard Advanced Defense System (USAF Odyssey)
                        Asgard Advanced Weapons System (USAF Odyssey)
                        Asgard Advanced Hyperdrive System (USAF Odyssey)
                        Bolt stuff mine
                        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
                          The BC-304's sublight engines look a bit like the Hebridan Ion propultion systems to me. The powersource for the 302 & 303 has never been confirmed but I expect the 303 used naqudah generators. The Naquadria generator was for the hyperdrive only. The BC-304 however uses a 'Relative Singularity Generator' according to the producers. Considering our space experience this seems feasable.
                          Cool, but do you a link to where the producers said that the 304s have a relative singularity generator. Proof is still needed.
                          Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                            Bolt stuff mine
                            Rings are ancient designed, and goa'uld used later. Considering the Ori had the same thing.

Also, the warship is using US Military designations. Therefore, BC would be Battle Cruiser. Though, based on the screenshot of the Odyssey (the first time she was introduced), the proper designation ought to be the DSC-304. But it's been announced as the BC-304, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin View Post
                              Good question. It's never really been mentioned in any episode that I can recall. I know the Prometheus had a crew size of about 75 or so, so that would probably be the low end for a Daedalus class ship.

If I had to guess, it'd probably be 75-150 or so.
                              It had a crew of over 115.

Comment

Working...
                              X