This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A'lkesh's do have Shields

Alright I was watching the episode Prometheus Unbound and NOVAK says this on the A'lkesh

NOVAK: I've re-routed remaining power to shields and life support for the time being

Now I know many people do not think that the A'lkesh has shields but they do and I must say they are crappy from what we have seen but I just wanted to share this and see what you guys thought because this is canon evidence that A'lkesh have shields
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

I always thought they had shields too, but never looked very closely into it.
    sigpic

Comment

All of them have shields, even the teltak has shields, but they arent proper defensive shields, they are structural ones. They keep the ship together, like in New order, the only thing keeping the ship together was the shields. considering that alkesh was very damaged, they boosted the shields to maintain the structural integrity, i doubt they provide any real defensive function. Otherwise they would be used more often. Rockets and guns couldnt take them down, we have seen tealc shoot through the front window, if they had shields they would be used..shields of a defensive nature.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
        All of them have shields, even the teltak has shields, but they arent proper defensive shields, they are structural ones. They keep the ship together, like in New order, the only thing keeping the ship together was the shields. considering that alkesh was very damaged, they boosted the shields to maintain the structural integrity, i doubt they provide any real defensive function. Otherwise they would be used more often. Rockets and guns couldnt take them down, we have seen tealc shoot through the front window, if they had shields they would be used..shields of a defensive nature.
        Thank you because I have always thought the A'lkesh had shields but its that kind of shields ok
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

There proably there for structal integrety and incase any small space debris hits it it dosent cause major damage
          Originally posted by cowpants
          ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
          Spoiler:

Spoiler:
          Rosilin for pres

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
            Alright I was watching the episode Prometheus Unbound and NOVAK says this on the A'lkesh

NOVAK: I've re-routed remaining power to shields and life support for the time being

Now I know many people do not think that the A'lkesh has shields but they do and I must say they are crappy from what we have seen but I just wanted to share this and see what you guys thought because this is canon evidence that A'lkesh have shields
            Yes, and there are other quotes about teltaks having shields as well.

But they're ****. They're simple atmospheric shields, eventually there to repel space dust at modest velocities.
            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I agree with the shields, they are probably for structural intregity. On various ocasions like when Sam and Teal'c are on that Tel'tak near the Asgard and the ships being pulled into a black hole they say it has shields. And in "Revelations" when they escape on the Tel'tak they say "we lost shields". They have to have shields. But Al'kesh are taken out easily by missiles so they (shields) are not very powerful.

Comment

I've known that for a while, but they're too weak to be of any protection which I guess is why they usually cloak those vessels. How many times has SG-1 been in a cargo ship with gliders chasing them? Doesn't Teal'c always say "Activating shields" then they use the stock footage of the gliders blowing off pieces of the ship?

Vala,

Comment

I've been saying this for a while now, but no one ever believed me.

That shield most people here are talking about, are to keep the ships from getting pelted and destroyed by space garbage. You don't want space poop piercing your hull and you dying now would you?

They can be boosted to hold off weapons fire for a little while.
                  Visit my Website

Comment

The Alkesh from the season 4 Finale did manage to survive a single shot from a Ha'tak, but it was severly damaged. Also, a glider managed to completely destroy its engines with a couple shots. So yea, they have shields, but they are completely weak and not worth it in combat. More than likely this is because the Goa'uld shield generators are HUGE(Remeber serpents lair), and you couldn't fit one inside an Alkesh.
                    www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                      The Alkesh from the season 4 Finale did manage to survive a single shot from a Ha'tak, but it was severly damaged. Also, a glider managed to completely destroy its engines with a couple shots. So yea, they have shields, but they are completely weak and not worth it in combat. More than likely this is because the Goa'uld shield generators are HUGE(Remeber serpents lair), and you couldn't fit one inside an Alkesh.
                      Unless the Goa'uld make a shrink ray
                      A Face you Can Trust
                      sigpic

Comment

... More than likely this is because the Goa'uld shield generators are HUGE(Remeber serpents lair), and you couldn't fit one inside an Alkesh.
                        Teltaks are smaller and have shields. My theory as to why cargo ships get them but a front line light warship does not is VIP logic. Teltaks are often used as personal transports by system lords and other high ranking Goauld. Alkesh are usually only used by the cannon fodder.

Comment

A'lkesh are cool ships. Its a shame the one Earth had they took apart.
                          We also have are own Death Gliders - F-302
                          and are own Hataks - Odyssey and family
                          So why no A'lkesh versions?

Also do A'lkesh have any other weapons apart from the powerful bombs? I mean i know they are Bombers but even Tie Bombers also had lasers!

As for the shields i agree that they are more for structure than defence. (Since a death glider can take one out easy)
                          sigpic
                          Banner Made By Me for Me
                          The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Xzyl View Post
                            Teltaks are smaller and have shields. My theory as to why cargo ships get them but a front line light warship does not is VIP logic. Teltaks are often used as personal transports by system lords and other high ranking Goauld. Alkesh are usually only used by the cannon fodder.
                            Alkesh DO have shields, thats what we are discussing. The point is that their shields are crappy and weak, because they don't have the power generation capabilities of larger ships, such as a Ha'tak. Same goes for a Tel'tak.
                            www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Alkesh DO have shields, thats what we are discussing. The point is that their shields are crappy and weak, because they don't have the power generation capabilities of larger ships, such as a Ha'tak. Same goes for a Tel'tak.
                              Even Tel'taks have stronger visable shields though. That's what I don't understand.
                              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Working...
                              X