This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith War

Well, its been a while since I posted here so was wondering if anyone is interested in making material up for the Ancients War with the Wraith. Things like technology, wars etc etc.

To start it off, here's what I typed:
    Orbital Drone Platform
    Even before the Wraith War started, the Lanteans had suffered from manpower shortages due to the fact that a majority of their race died from the plague that ravaged them. As such, they left the majority of their defences to automated weapon systems that could protect the worlds under their charge from outside interferences. The Orbital Drone Platform were the very first line of defence that protected the many human worlds from Wraith cullings. Small satellites that contained a large supply of drones and a targetting sensor that was linked to the central mainframe on Atlantis, the platform was the perfect deterrant against Wraith raids. That was until large scale invasions took place. There were reports of some of the platforms simply shutting down after being infiltrated by a computer virus in the latter stages of the war but the Lanteans never made a countermeasure as they eventually abandoned the galaxy and returned to the Milky Way.

Marker Satellite
    At the start of the Wraith War, the Wraith had become a new and emerging species who were always yearning for more food to consume as well as to ensure their dominance by destroying the Lanteans. Worlds and worlds fail under their heel and those planets that held a scientific interest to the Lanteans or contained large population of Humans had a Marker Satellite placed above them. These organic satellites would said constant reports through subspace to the Wraith Hives on their newly acquired territory and would immediately identify any Lantean presence discovered so an appropriate response could be made. They were entirely automated and possess four Wraith pulse weapons which were capable of destroying the Gateships of the Lanteans. They also posessed limited thruster capability allowing them to move around to a short region. They were not suitable for direct combat but were deadly when they signalled their masters.

Battle of Truce
    The Battle of Truce was an unfortunate event from the side of the Lanteans and occurred near the end of the war. Always attempting to seek peace, the High Councillor led a contingent of four starships and made communication with the vicious Wraith Hives and called for a summit to reach a truce where peace could be achieved. Some argued that such an attempt was foolhardy but the majority succeeded in arranging the meeting. After initial negotiations commenced, it seemed that the arguments made by others came true and the Wraith struck. Despite inflicting massive casualties on the Wraith forces, the Lanteans eventually lost and the High Councillor was killed onboard his ship, Lantea's Light which was destroyed by the combined weapon fire of four Wraith Hiveships. The loss at Truce ended the Lanteans desire to continue fighting for the Pegasus Galaxy and the new High Councillor, Moros, decided to return to the Milky Way Galaxy.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
    Well, its been a while since I posted here so was wondering if anyone is interested in making material up for the Ancients War with the Wraith. Things like technology, wars etc etc.

Orbital Drone Platform
    Even before the Wraith War started, the Lanteans had suffered from manpower shortages due to the fact that a majority of their race died from the plague that ravaged them. As such, they left the majority of their defences to automated weapon systems that could protect the worlds under their charge from outside interferences. The Orbital Drone Platform were the very first line of defence that protected the many human worlds from Wraith cullings. Small satellites that contained a large supply of drones and a targetting sensor that was linked to the central mainframe on Atlantis, the platform was the perfect deterrant against Wraith raids. That was until large scale invasions took place. There were reports of some of the platforms simply shutting down after being infiltrated by a computer virus in the latter stages of the war but the Lanteans never made a countermeasure as they eventually abandoned the galaxy and returned to the Milky Way.

Marker Satellite
    At the start of the Wraith War, the Wraith had become a new and emerging species who were always yearning for more food to consume as well as to ensure their dominance by destroying the Lanteans. Worlds and worlds fail under their heel and those planets that held a scientific interest to the Lanteans or contained large population of Humans had a Marker Satellite placed above them. These organic satellites would said constant reports through subspace to the Wraith Hives on their newly acquired territory and would immediately identify any Lantean presence discovered so an appropriate response could be made. They were entirely automated and possess four Wraith pulse weapons which were capable of destroying the Gateships of the Lanteans. They also posessed limited thruster capability allowing them to move around to a short region. They were not suitable for direct combat but were deadly when they signalled their masters.

Battle of Truce
    The Battle of Truce was an unfortunate event from the side of the Lanteans and occurred near the end of the war. Always attempting to seek peace, the High Councillor led a contingent of four starships and made communication with the vicious Wraith Hives and called for a summit to reach a truce where peace could be achieved. Some argued that such an attempt was foolhardy but the majority succeeded in arranging the meeting. After initial negotiations commenced, it seemed that the arguments made by others came true and the Wraith struck. Despite inflicting massive casualties on the Wraith forces, the Lanteans eventually lost and the High Councillor was killed onboard his ship, Lantea's Light which was destroyed by the combined weapon fire of four Wraith Hiveships. The loss at Truce ended the Lanteans desire to continue fighting for the Pegasus Galaxy and the new High Councillor, Moros, decided to return to the Milky Way Galaxy.
    So in this thread the aim is to come up with technology and battles etc...that took place in the Wraith/Lantean war?
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Do this in the fan fiction area, it is infinitly more suitable, this place is to discuss science and tech we have seen, not random things we make up on the spot and especially not battles...

Comment

Erm thats not true, the GW fleets and the Origional starship deisgn thread are fictional that relates to the shows mythology, this is equally suitable for this section. Were not moving every speculation thread in this part, which is most of them.
        I think this is a welcome addition, its pretty cool actually and i think there are alot of bits and bobs around the section which could be contributed, especially in the first fleet and the ODST. Cooky did some wraith war battles and technology.
        There was the Abomination in the first fleet, remember buba, which was a new wraith ship, that would be suitable to speculate here on.

Good thread Prior
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
          So in this thread the aim is to come up with technology and battles etc...that took place in the Wraith/Lantean war?
          Yes, strictly during that time period and that galaxy and that war. So you can cover things like Asurans, particularly important Lanteans, battles and stuff. What shouldnt be covered is some new alien menace that invades the Pegasus galaxy or the Ori suddenly appearing etc etc. Can expand on things like the Cloister Sanctuary which was created for people to ascend or that "Tower" Cityship etc.

Originally posted by NATIK View Post
          Do this in the fan fiction area, it is infinitly more suitable, this place is to discuss science and tech we have seen, not random things we make up on the spot and especially not battles...
          I direct you towards what immhotep said and the other reason I think it might be suitable here is the whole technology and stuff that can be added here from what we have seen of the show that we can determine was used in the Wraith War. The stories and other stuff are a bonus. And no offence to the Fan Fiction area but I don't think as many people visit it as the Science and Tech section.

However, if the mods care to move it to the Fan Fiction section and want to move it there, I have no objection to that.

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
          Erm thats not true, the GW fleets and the Origional starship deisgn thread are fictional that relates to the shows mythology, this is equally suitable for this section. Were not moving every speculation thread in this part, which is most of them.
          I think this is a welcome addition, its pretty cool actually and i think there are alot of bits and bobs around the section which could be contributed, especially in the first fleet and the ODST. Cooky did some wraith war battles and technology.
          There was the Abomination in the first fleet, remember buba, which was a new wraith ship, that would be suitable to speculate here on.

Good thread Prior
          Thank you though I must admit that its not entirely my idea as I saw it mentioned on another site but no one posted in that thread so thought perhaps more input would be given here.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Well this is an area that ive been speculating on for along time, and ive got quite a few ideas that could go here.
            Examples that i might expand on.
            Generational City ships - related to the tower, i think that the Ancients had one cityship, atlantis, but it was renewed and upgraded every X years, and the older ships were flown to other planets, the tower is one of the dumped atlantis's. The ancients left 5million years ago, the same ship shouldnt have survived intact for that long. It makes sense for them to be renewed to keep in line with the current technology that was being used. I doubt the evolution machine was part of the origional ship, but an addon in a later ship.

Drone swarm's and thier different uses - the drones have three phases of use, explode on impact single use. Explode on impact triset (three fire at once) and the phased swarm. The Phased swarm is the most powerful and requires both user, power source and number of drones in the silo to be at thier greatest potential to work. On the Orion they fired it as a drone swarm that was phased but used up the power source. This mode was used in TLC too.

I had a theory that the wraith queens are the survivors of the wraith war. The only ones, they have the greatest powers because they actually are anceints which have been converted to wraith by the iratus bug. Their hives are bred from them and as they get less human they have less powers, and more iratus they love status within the hive. The grunts are humanoid Iratus bugs. The commanders and scientists are human with iratus DNA. The Queens are advanced ancients with iratus DNA who have survived for the 10000 years because they are the progenators of the wraith and must be kept alive.

There are others lol...
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

Cool, another fella who tries to pull some kind of logic out of that mess!

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post

Orbital Drone Platform
              Even before the Wraith War started, the Lanteans had suffered from manpower shortages due to the fact that a majority of their race died from the plague that ravaged them.
              It's weird, because I'm sure that all those in Atlantis would actually be sane and healthy. What would be the point otherwise?
              It could even be that the Dakara device was created after Atlantis departed.

Point being, Atlantis left the Milky Way several million years ago, and the Wraith was started around 9000 or 8000 BC. I can't remember correctly, but it either lasted 100 years, or 500 years.
              So it's probably more along the liens of 8100 BC or 8500 BC.

That would leave a hell of a lot of time to grow in population.

As such, they left the majority of their defences to automated weapon systems that could protect the worlds under their charge from outside interferences. The Orbital Drone Platform were the very first line of defence that protected the many human worlds from Wraith cullings. Small satellites that contained a large supply of drones and a targetting sensor that was linked to the central mainframe on Atlantis, the platform was the perfect deterrant against Wraith raids. That was until large scale invasions took place. There were reports of some of the platforms simply shutting down after being infiltrated by a computer virus in the latter stages of the war but the Lanteans never made a countermeasure as they eventually abandoned the galaxy and returned to the Milky Way.
              That's a good system. As for the hacking, a posited just after seeing The Tower, that the drones switching off because of the connection with the control chair being severed actually was an in built feature so they couldn't be hacked and used against the control chair's orders.

Marker Satellite
              Possibly, or they just used those small probes (Childhood's End) which can apparently remain passive, and dial a stargate. But maybe there was a wraith relay.

Battle of Truce
              Yes, hum, why not? At this point, I think the trickery truce can be interpretated so many ways, and we just don't know what was there, and how many ships.

In their grand stupidity (lowering shields despite imminent danger, as seen in The Return), they had their ships' defenses lowered, and the Wraith struck.

Otherwise, I just can't picture how the ships couldn't have hyperspaced out of the zone quickly and swiftly.

There's probably some story arc to write there. Maybe the Wraith really were thinking about the possibility of putting a term to this blood fest, being given their own territories, but something, someone, sabotaged the whole meeting and both sides badly reacted.
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                That would leave a hell of a lot of time to grow in population.
                In my personal opinion from seeing several different sci fi universes, the older a race is the lower the birth rate is. I must admit, I am comparing it more to Babylon 5. I think I am using that basis here plus i explains even more on why or how the Wraith simply outnumbered the Ancients. Unless of course you take the view that the Wraith either converted Humans into more Wraith or simply bred like insects and as such had huge numbers at least compared to the Ancients.

That's a good system. As for the hacking, a posited just after seeing The Tower, that the drones switching off because of the connection with the control chair being severed actually was an in built feature so they couldn't be hacked and used against the control chair's orders.
                Hmmm I forgot that, I think the reason I wrote the virus thing was to link that bit in and to explain how the Wraith managed to do somewhat good against someone as technologically advanced as the Lanteans.

Possibly, or they just used those small probes (Childhood's End) which can apparently remain passive, and dial a stargate. But maybe there was a wraith relay.
                I think the reasoning was mainly for those worlds with no stargate on a planet or no stargate at all. So these could serve to watch over such planets. I think we still don't know who put the gates in orbit but books (which are not canon) and hints suggest it may have been the Lanteans to keep a greater control on a planet by denying easy access to it without a ship.

Yes, hum, why not? At this point, I think the trickery truce can be interpretated so many ways, and we just don't know what was there, and how many ships.

In their grand stupidity (lowering shields despite imminent danger, as seen in The Return), they had their ships' defenses lowered, and the Wraith struck.

Otherwise, I just can't picture how the ships couldn't have hyperspaced out of the zone quickly and swiftly.

There's probably some story arc to write there. Maybe the Wraith really were thinking about the possibility of putting a term to this blood fest, being given their own territories, but something, someone, sabotaged the whole meeting and both sides badly reacted.
                I think I am putting t more on arrogance and the standard Ancient qualities to be the source of their reason for not hyperspacing away or something like that.

I know they arent something to be taken as canon or 100% perfect explanations but just my interpetation of things.

Comment

Personally I would change the battle to happen at the start of the war when the Lanteans didn't think of the wraith as an enemy but as a new species that was at war with the humans of the galaxy.

The Lanteans would have gone to a meeting with the Wraith while still at peace. The Lanteans would have minimal military force and would have be trying to form a treaty between the humans and the Wraith.

The Wraith come aboard the Lantian ship for the conference and begin sabotaging the ship, killing the guards, feeding on anyone they could find, raiding Lantean tech and weapons and possibly stealing the ship.

That would make the most sense for how the Lanteans got into the war and why their arrogance was their downfall. The humans would have been advanced enough to handle their own war to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                  X