Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do they get gates to other planets??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do they get gates to other planets??

Since jumpers are small enough to fit IN a gate, and travel by ship is taxing, how did the ancients get all those gates to other planets???

They just used bigger Aurora sized ships to drop the gates onto planets.
    "Dying doesn't work in our favour!"

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Since jumpers are small enough to fit IN a gate, and travel by ship is taxing, how did the ancients get all those gates to other planets???
      By flying a ship,how else would get gate on other planets.

Comment

Originally posted by Nylon View Post
        They just used bigger Aurora sized ships to drop the gates onto planets.
        Why would they need a bigger ship than an Aurora? I mean, we know they can fit dozens of gates inside a Daedalus class ship, and Aurora is about twice the size of a Daedalus.
        Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

They used ships to get the stargates to the planets. How else do you get a stargate to a planet?
          Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

They most liky had some kind of "Gate Cargo Ships" which left the Gaste Factoryies with the Gates and DHDs and ddropped them off planet by planet.
            Imagine a Ori Ring transport dropping ship only bigger and full of gates.

Speaking of Stargte Fasctories i wonder if we will ever find one? As theirs a lot of tech out their but no factories?
            sigpic
            Banner Made By Me for Me
            The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
              They most liky had some kind of "Gate Cargo Ships" which left the Gaste Factoryies with the Gates and DHDs and ddropped them off planet by planet.
              Imagine a Ori Ring transport dropping ship only bigger and full of gates.

Speaking of Stargte Fasctories i wonder if we will ever find one? As theirs a lot of tech out their but no factories?

Oooo, that would be cool, Stargate Factory! Well they gotta make them somewhere.

yeah an Aurora is big enough to transport gates, but I doubt it is the only other ship they had other than PJs. They talk about a transport ship in one episode.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin View Post
                Why would they need a bigger ship than an Aurora? I mean, we know they can fit dozens of gates inside a Daedalus class ship, and Aurora is about twice the size of a Daedalus.
                Nylon wasn't saying they used ships bigger than an Aurora, he was saying they used bigger ships than a PJ, such as an Aurora to transport the gates.
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

it wouldn't be an aurora though obviously. most likely a transport ship of some kind like mechathor said.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

They coulud have built them on the planet after traveling there in a ship
                    Originally posted by cowpants
                    ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
                    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                    Rosilin for pres

Comment

they could have but that is a bit more time consuming. you'd think that a race as advanced as the ancients would use mass production for such things. also why bother when you can construct it then take it to the planet.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Accually it is likely that when they found a suitable planet by ship they constructed a gate and dhd then placed it on the planet in a stone platform they usually have.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          they could have but that is a bit more time consuming. you'd think that a race as advanced as the ancients would use mass production for such things. also why bother when you can construct it then take it to the planet.
                          Agreed
                          sigpic

Comment

they either spontaneously appeared, were transported by stargate or were flown by ship. My money is on the latter
                            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

...the one thing everyone forgets is the Ancients technology i.e Nanotech and other stuff when they talk about their construction methods, whose to say they just didn't program nanites to make these things when they needed them. You'd have no need for huge factory complexes/ships, just dump some nanites somewhere with some raw materials and some energy and let them make it, then come back and pick up the finished stuff.

They also have those mind control/virtual construction interface things the Ancients and the Ori use to make things, a lot of people tend to talk about mass production and the Ancients but when you have the technology it doesn't really matter about building huge factories, all you need is mass or energy and they can let their technology do the rest.

Comment

Working...
                              X