This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News Headlines that Echo Stargate themes/storlines

From time to time I've run across headlines that make me think of Stargate (see the 'Gatehead' thread for some of them). This thread is intended to list out those headlines as you run across them.
    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/new...thewritestuff/

Anubis playing around up there? Thor's consciousness trying to get our attention?
    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

I remember a headline from a few years ago, that appeared in a well known British newspaper.

"NASA Loses Contact With Atlantis!"

The story really referred to communication difficulties between NASA in Houston, and the Space Shuttle Atlantis.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
      X