Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to we keep everything balanced (Tech Wise)?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to we keep everything balanced (Tech Wise)?

The Asgard gave us some kick ass weapons to use against the Ori. We saw that three or four shots of Asgard Beam Tech wiped out an Ori Ship. This totally tips the power to us.

It is possible to say that:
    - Odyssey is the flag ship with ZPM & Asgard Core
    - Other 304s can only shoot beams as a Special Weapon
    - 304s will require the Asgard Core and/or ZPM to fire beam constantly
    - Current tech only allows us to fire two or three shots during a battle

Thoughts?
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

I think they balanced it out pretty well. Everytime the asgard tech was used, the Ori tracked them down.

And once the humans got the asgard tech, the series ended.

Comment

As i've mentioned many times before. there i no way that we can understand asgard tech well enough right away to implement the beam weapons on all our ships. not for a while anyway.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Honestly I think they wanted to leave the show with an advantage to the humans. It makes things look up for us, you know? However, fighting the Wraith and the Asurans could still be difficult. The Daedalus, even with the upgrades, won't have the ZPM. It will have less power to work with and even though the Asgard core is powerful, it probably can't do as much as the ZPM can. With the Wraith they can simply outnumber us, and the Asurans are essentially the Ancients, and I wouldn't wanna go up against a fully powered Ancient warship, would you?
        www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

The upgrades are cool but somehow, I feel that the Earth ships aren't really Earth's anymore. They're more alien than human now it seems to be.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
            I think they balanced it out pretty well. Everytime the asgard tech was used, the Ori tracked them down.
            Lamest. Writing. Ever.

It's like when the Wraith figured out how to jam Asgard beams from beaming nukes on board their ships...

Originally posted by P-90_177
            As i've mentioned many times before. there i no way that we can understand asgard tech well enough right away to implement the beam weapons on all our ships. not for a while anyway.
            That was why the Asgard gave us their technology AND their knowledge base. That way we could look up 'Uber Beams of Death' in their knowledge base and it would explain it to us in terms we'd understand.

Granted, it will probably take several years before we can use that knowledge to build our own technology, but Thor spent a year dumbing down the knowledge base so we could use existing technology right away, or at least pretty quickly.

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR
            Honestly I think they wanted to leave the show with an advantage to the humans. It makes things look up for us, you know?
            I agree, but the fact that they gimped the technology in the same episode kind of makes it not look so good for humans, right?

However, fighting the Wraith and the Asurans could still be difficult. The Daedalus, even with the upgrades, won't have the ZPM. It will have less power to work with and even though the Asgard core is powerful, it probably can't do as much as the ZPM can.
            The Asgard core should be powerful enough to run the weapons and shields at full-tilt boogie, right? ZPM or not, the Asgard core should be powerful enough to run all the goodies at maximum strength. Granted, the ZPM would probably boost the goodies maximums, but like you said, Daedalus doesn't have a ZPM.

With the Wraith they can simply outnumber us, and the Asurans are essentially the Ancients, and I wouldn't wanna go up against a fully powered Ancient warship, would you?
            With the Wraith in the middle of a civil war, I don't think they'd be hanging around each other in large groups of hives. Maybe 10-20 each, but with Asgard weapons they'd be pretty easy to take out, I would think. Maybe not.

The Asurans on the other hand, I dunno. I'd like to see the Odyssey (with ZPM) go head to head with an Asuran warship for sure. Might be a good fight.

Originally posted by Vala_M
            The upgrades are cool but somehow, I feel that the Earth ships aren't really Earth's anymore. They're more alien than human now it seems to be.

Vala,
            Hehe, if we waited for Earth to discover those technologies on their own, it could take a couple centuries.
            Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
              The Asgard gave us some kick ass weapons to use against the Ori. We saw that three or four shots of Asgard Beam Tech wiped out an Ori Ship. This totally tips the power to us.

It is possible to say that:
              - Odyssey is the flag ship with ZPM & Asgard Core
              - Other 304s can only shoot beams as a Special Weapon
              - 304s will require the Asgard Core and/or ZPM to fire beam constantly
              - Current tech only allows us to fire two or three shots during a battle

Thoughts?
              Why would other 304s use it as a special weapon, when we are going to use it as a standard weapon. Missles and Rail Guns dont do any damage.

So are saying that I need double AA's batterys for a 9mm to fire constantly. They dont need the core or a ZPM to constantly, without them both,one or the other is wont be as powerful maybe. Maybe they dont need to be powered by a ZPM or the core or both to be powerful. Maybe they take the same almount of power that the life support systems take. Fact is that we dont know anything about the beam weapon and its power comsupation(spelling). Fact we do know with about 5 shots we could destory a Ori Mothership that is all we know.

Are you talking about the missles? If you are we can fire more than 2-3 shots in a battle. If you are not talking about missles then please phrase it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post

Vala,
                you're right, I hate that.

I think it would be best if we couldn't duplicate the advanced tech the asgard gave us.
                maybe they can find a way in the asgard database to download information into their minds or something, and then build our own advanced technology.
                I'd like it a lot more than having 90% asgard ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                  maybe they can find a way in the asgard database to download information into their minds or something, and then build our own advanced technology.
                  I think that's called 'reading'

While it's asgard technology, it's still built by humans using human machines and human ingenuity. So really it's Asgard science and human technology (which is by definition, applied science).
                  Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin View Post
                    I think that's called 'reading'
                    I bet there's more knowledge there than anyone can learn in a lifetime.
                    even on present day earth, we have more knowledge than anyone can learn in a life time.
                    do you know of anyone who masters all fields of math? there is no such person
                    memory technology is the only way to go.. and it wouldn't be so far fetched since we already got it from the Gallerans and many other alien techs laying aruond area51 like:
                    Goauld memory devices
                    Foothold memory devices
                    virtual reality chair
                    Long Goodbye lifepods
                    Revisions memory devices
                    Originally posted by Jarnin View Post
                    While it's asgard technology, it's still built by humans using human machines and human ingenuity. So really it's Asgard science and human technology (which is by definition, applied science).
                    the ingenuity part is in question, and it's still designed by the asgard so it's asgard technology no matter who constructs it.

Comment

you're right, I hate that.

I think it would be best if we couldn't duplicate the advanced tech the asgard gave us.
                      I personally think they should have kept the Earth ships in their current state at least for another year or so, yeah, I know with SG-1 being canceled, they had to rush it all but they could have saved that for the movies. Sure the missiles don't do damage against other ships but it's still cool to think that modern day Earth could have anything near the greatness of the Daedalus class! I mean, they got everything, database, advanced shields, beam weapons, molecular construction device, holographic visual interface, everything. It seems a bit much to get all at once. Especially since in the beginning it was hard enough getting the hyperdrive and shield technology.

Personally, I don't think anyone on here would disagree with me, I think I speak for all when I say that we'd rather have the Asgard alive and well than have all of their stuff.

Vala,

Comment

Uhhhhhh..... has teh episode aired yet???

Comment

no, and unless the asgard gave us a large synthesaztion machine i wouldnt expect any cool new weapons standard on 304s.
                          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                            no, and unless the asgard gave us a large synthesaztion machine i wouldnt expect any cool new weapons standard on 304s.
                            Carter managed to use the transporter as a "matter replicator" in Unending, so yea, I'd say so.
                            www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                              Carter managed to use the transporter as a "matter replicator" in Unending, so yea, I'd say so.
                              Two words: Spoiler Tags. That ep. has not aired in the U.S. yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X