This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most Powerful Weapon in StarGate

What do you think is the most powerful weapon in StarGate?

Just wondering what you guys think. The weapon can come from any race that we have seen but it can't be the stargate because that isn't really a weapon

My opinion is the Ori/Ancinet Beam Weapon used on the Ancinet Satelite or the ori ships main weapon

If this has been done before oops but I don't really care so state your opinion here and plese be ready to defened your anwnser as some people here will attack it but thats the fun of a thread isn't it
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Quite possibly Anubis' "6 eyes" weapon.

Either that, or Dakara.

Or Arcturis' turret.

Comment

The Gatebuster-capable of destorying a stargate and has a 100 mile raduis kill zone. Or the Naquahdriah bomb-it is capable of destirying a entire planet with enough Naquahdriah.

Comment

Yep, because that really compares to Anubis' eye weapon that can pump so much energy into a planet that it literally shatters into a million pieces.

Naquadriah was a very weak and flaky subject overall lol, and most likely what killed the entire Jonas Quinn / Langara arc. Not to mention nobody ever actually BUILT a Naquadriah bomb powerful enough to destroy a planet.

Yeah, for me it's definitely a toss-up between Dakara and Anubis' planet-killer. Although I suppose it depends on what you define as a weapon, because I'm not sure if Dakara's "redefine matter at the subatomic level" principle really counts as a weapon, more as a... tool that can be massively mis-used.

Comment

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
          Yep, because that really compares to Anubis' eye weapon that can pump so much energy into a planet that it literally shatters into a million pieces.

Naquadriah was a very weak and flaky subject overall lol, and most likely what killed the entire Jonas Quinn / Langara arc. Not to mention nobody ever actually BUILT a Naquadriah bomb powerful enough to destroy a planet.

Yeah, for me it's definitely a toss-up between Dakara and Anubis' planet-killer. Although I suppose it depends on what you define as a weapon, because I'm not sure if Dakara's "redefine matter at the subatomic level" principle really counts as a weapon, more as a... tool that can be massively mis-used.
          The Goa'uld that ruled Jonas's planet some thousand years ago was testing the the Naquahdriah and almost blew the planet in half.

Comment

Originally posted by Amb. Shepphard(ARC) View Post
            The Goa'uld that ruled Jonas's planet some thousand years ago was testing the the Naquahdriah and almost blew the planet in half.
            "Almost".

Shame Anubis didn't *almost* blow up Abydos. But no, he ACTUALLY blew it up.

Comment

Point made. Now lets pick on some other weapons mentioned(lol).

Comment

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
                "Almost".

Shame Anubis didn't *almost* blow up Abydos. But no, he ACTUALLY blew it up.
                You know, that 6 Eyes superweapon is still some kind of mystery on its own.

It charges up by hitting the tip of the pyramid, but somehow the beam is targetting the stargate.
                It is supposed it has destroyed the stargate, which the episode supports, as teh chapp'ai is temporarily recreated thereafter.
                So if we were to mesh that with recent canon that says that you ned something like a getbuster to do so... then you look at the level of explosion... which is very funky... there's simply not much power released during the destruction of the pyramid.

Even more, there's just no way such a puny series of explosions, plus the sand shockwave, could have destroyed Abydos, or even a small surface of a continent.

So that's why I think what we saw of the pyramid's destruction is just a preliminary side effect.

That said, one of the most powerful weapons, in a kind, is the Tok'ra chain reaction missile.

Drop it in the magma of the planet (for most warships, it shouldn't be that hard to create a hole in the crust, for example by detonating the tip of a volcano), and voil?*.
                Wait 12 minutes, and your planet is ready to explode.

Another "weapon" of some sorts is those insects seen in season 9 or 10, previously thought to be related to the Ori - that would have been cool - but apparently just some natural creeper.
                They're just awful, kill of animals and reproduce at an insane rate.

One I like is the 150 km wide naqahdah asteroid.
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I'd say the replicator rockets, they embody a superior strategy, they cause minimal damage on impact and the replicators that enter the vessel by means of the rocket 'eat' the ship from the inside out and assimilate it into the replicator fleet

think borg!
                  The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total b*stard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

Comment

I think the thing the asgard used to turn thier sun into a blackhole would make the most powerful weapon.
                    War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Comment

zpm it the most powerful wepon easy the amunt of nergy that is released would i quote distroy a solar system
                      sigpic
                      Sig For Me!

Comment

Arcturus turret, easy.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

drones the yellow squids of doom

Comment

What do we mean by powerful, exactly?
                            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Something that hasn't been mentioned yet is the Asguard plasma beam that was developed soley to be a Ori shield-buster

In terms of superweapons, the Eye of Six or the Dakara molecurizer from SG-1 but if you take Atlantis into account the most destructive weapon would have to be the Trinity power generator that blew up and destroyed three quaters of a solar system

The Sun turning into a black hole thing doesn't really count because the object that caused the sun to explode was actually in fact the stargate connected to a black hole address`same with the asguard turning their sun into a black hole, i think the asguard intended to tap into the black hole's gravity for a power source

Comment

Working...
                              X