This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient control chair

So the chair works telepathically; if you have the gene you think and the chair does what you think. But yet there seem to be 2 control areas that need to be handled manually, what would be their purpose?

taken from scifipedia.scifi.com
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total b*stard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

A Lantean form of the "his or her sex machine" from Bam Margera's "Haggard".

In all seriousness, probably a form of simultaneous direct control or control modifiers like the Ctrl, Alt, and Shift keys on a contempoary computer keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Hjalmar View Post
      So the chair works telepathically; if you have the gene you think and the chair does what you think. But yet there seem to be 2 control areas that need to be handled manually, what would be their purpose?

taken from scifipedia.scifi.com
      Somethings just need to be manual controled.

Comment

Actually, they have removed the hand controls on the Atlantis chair. I saw the actual chair in the 2007 Vancouver set tour and they're not squishy like it was at the end of season 7.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
          Actually, they have removed the hand controls on the Atlantis chair. I saw the actual chair in the 2007 Vancouver set tour and they're not squishy like it was at the end of season 7.

Vala,
          yeah, they also dropped a step and changed colors and stuff
          the new one sucks

pretty much every prop they changed turned out badly
          the chair, the jumpers, the consoles

I don't get it, why fix something that's not broken ???

Comment

Yeah why change something that doesn't need changing? the original chair in SG-1 was cooler then the control chair in Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
              the new one sucks

i prefer the new jumpers.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I also have gotta say that imho the new jumpers are pretty sweet. Plus now that they can make the cloak a shield that is quite powerful it becomes even more useful and resilient.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                  the new one sucks

When did they change the Jumpers? I must've missed this.

Does anyone have before and after pics?

Comment

There wasn't much of a change with the contol chair but it was because they didn't want Atlantis & SG-1 too similar. I expect the hand rest squish things were an interface mechanisim and now the Atlantis chair is newer and more advanced it didn't need it.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

The "new" jumpers are just the pilot's controls, the 1st season ones were pink red and such and colored, the new one is more of just a dash board with lots of blue/white lights on it. I actually prefer it better.

Vala,

Comment

Also, the drive pods don't just come out, they come out and unfurl now.

Looks pretty trippy.

Comment

and they made work from the chicken/ham sandwich coming out on command
                          The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total b*stard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Hjalmar View Post
                            and they made work from the chicken/ham sandwich coming out on command
                            Yeah, they definitely need a sammich fabricator on the jumpers, for those long duration flights.
                            Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin View Post
                              Yeah, they definitely need a sammich fabricator on the jumpers, for those long duration flights.
                              I second the notion and... suggest a beer option for the fabricationd evice.
                              "It's because you just cant spell manslaughter without the laughter..."

"If you move around the letters in "Ori Infantry" it spells Meatsheild."

Comment

Working...
                              X