This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USS Defiant vs USS Daedulas

Now that Would be a fight .Both ships have shields .Both ships are fast and maneuvable and armored .

Defiant :Quantum and Photon Torpedos Tri barrel burst Phasers ,Ablative Armor and a cloak .Defiant was Design to take on Borg Cubes and other ship

Daedulas : Conventional Missles, MK 5 Nukes , Multi Rail Guns ,Fighters, Shields ,Daedulas was design for Ha Taek Ships in mind .

Both ships are pretty even match .This would be a tough call here . The Defiant can Cloak and fire .But Daedulas has Fighters that can be launch to cover her . Photon and Quantum Torpedo are more accurate then conventional missle and nukes .

Daedulas is do to get upgrades after USAF as done some study of the upgrades to Odessey .I'm sure they will com up with some type Beam weapons for the other Daedulas Class ships.

This fight I'd have to give to the Captians .Capt.Sisko or Col.Caldwell .Both have some good backgrounds ,

Sisko Survivor of Wolf 359, Lead the Assualt to retake DS9 ,and the was involve in the final Attack on Cardasia Prime .

Caldwell lead the the rescue of Atlantis against the Wraith ,has had several combat campaign against the Wraith .

I might have to give this to Sisko more Comabt Experience .But Caldwell no push over either ..

Makes me wonder ....USS Daedulas vs USS Voyager or USS Odessey

Now what do you think ?

Originally posted by MacGuyverThis View Post
    Now that Would be a fight .Both ships have shields .Both ships are fast and maneuvable and armored .

Defiant :Quantum and Photon Torpedos Tri barrel burst Phasers ,Ablative Armor and a cloak .Defiant was Design to take on Borg Cubes and other ship

Daedulas : Conventional Missles, MK 5 Nukes , Multi Rail Guns ,Fighters, Shields ,Daedulas was design for Ha Taek Ships in mind .

Both ships are pretty even match .This would be a tough call here . The Defiant can Cloak and fire .But Daedulas has Fighters that can be launch to cover her . Photon and Quantum Torpedo are more accurate then conventional missle and nukes .

Daedulas is do to get upgrades after USAF as done some study of the upgrades to Odessey .I'm sure they will com up with some type Beam weapons for the other Daedulas Class ships.

This fight I'd have to give to the Captians .Capt.Sisko or Col.Caldwell .Both have some good backgrounds ,

Sisko Survivor of Wolf 359, Lead the Assualt to retake DS9 ,and the was involve in the final Attack on Cardasia Prime .

Caldwell lead the the rescue of Atlantis against the Wraith ,has had several combat campaign against the Wraith .

I might have to give this to Sisko more Comabt Experience .But Caldwell no push over either ..

Makes me wonder ....USS Daedulas vs USS Voyager or USS Odessey

Now what do you think ?

I gotta give it to the Defiant. Sisko's not above decloaking, launching an attack and recloaking.

Really all the Daedalus has in this fight is size, Shields (Asgard shields appear more durable than federation) and the F302's, which in reality the 302's aren't that much of an advantage, the Defiant does posses conventional phasers (Beams) and the 302's aren't shielded.

And remember, Quantum Torpedoes utilize Zero Point Energy to enhance their explosive yield.

Comment

You're inane to be confusing the SG-1 Cruiser "Daedalus", which they refer on the show as the USAF Daedalus, with the USS Daedalus, a front-runner design starship that came before the USS Enterprise ( http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Daedalus_class ) in a section where we just got done telling someone that these cross-universe VERSUS threads are retarded.

WE HAVE NO PLACE TO COMPARE THE OUTPUT OF ASGARD SHIELDS AGAINST FEDERATION EQUIVALENTS SO STOP COMPARING STARGATE TO ANY OTHER UNIVERSE AND PUT THIS THREAD IN THE GAMES FORUM WHERE OTHER GORG THREADS BELONG.

Now, if you were comparing the Defiant-class to the Daedalus-class from the star trek universe... I'd say your thread is retarded still. The Daedalus-class is from the 22nd century and, by the 24th century, is far outdated.

In other words, stop posting.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
        You're inane to be confusing the SG-1 Cruiser "Daedalus", which they refer on the show as the USAF Daedalus, with the USS Daedalus, a front-runner design starship that came before the USS Enterprise ( http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Daedalus_class ) in a section where we just got done telling someone that these cross-universe VERSUS threads are retarded.
        And yet, ANOTHER one pops up! That must surely mean that not everyone is ignorant of other people's likes and dislikes like you! So I suggest leave him alone

I vote for the Daedalus. Her shields are VERY strong, and as powerful as the Defiant's missiles are, the Deadalus could beam a nuke onboard to end it.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

The Defiant would rape the Deadalus. Rail guns would have no effect and the Defiant could dodge and withstand the majority of nukes the deadalus fires.

Captain Sisko is the most decorated combat officer in Starfleet! He has a huge amount of experience compared to Caldwell.
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
            And yet, ANOTHER one pops up! That must surely mean that not everyone is ignorant of other people's likes and dislikes like you! So I suggest leave him alone

I vote for the Daedalus. Her shields are VERY strong, and as powerful as the Defiant's missiles are, the Deadalus could beam a nuke onboard to end it.
            What makes you think the deadalus can beam through the Defiants shields?
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
              Post this gorg crap in the games thread where it belongs.

Comment

Not another one! I'm with the people who are saying you can't compare shield strengths between different universes. That being said Defiant would kick the crap out the Daedalus!

It seems like any fight a Daedalus class might win always comes to can they beam through shields or not?

In Star Trek you can't so I'm guessing they couldn't beam nukes on board.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking the Defiant wouldn't put up as much of a fight as people think. Federation starships shields have NEVER been very good at keeping all energy outside the shield arc, and the Defiants shielding is already weaker than most capital ships. It was designed to fight the Borg, but its an attack ship, and its shielding leaves something to be desired. Against the Daedalus it would need to cause critical damage extremely fast, and even with its firepower the Daedalus' shields have proven themselves to be extremely strong.
                  www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Again how do you compare shields between two different universes? The Defiant has ablative armor as well. It had good enough defense to hold out against a Borg Cube.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ships from alternate sci-fi shows don't compare. They all use different interpretations of The Theory Of Hollywood Physics
                      The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Genius_McKay View Post
                        Again how do you compare shields between two different universes? The Defiant has ablative armor as well. It had good enough defense to hold out against a Borg Cube.
                        No, it doesn't. We've never seen the Defiants shields stand up to the Borg well, and it was already canon that Defiant was designed for heavy damage output, but it cannot withstand sustained combat with the enemies it was meant to engage. In first contact it gets ripped up pretty bad just by some Borg phaser fire.
                        www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

The defiant-class destroyer was more of a quick-strike ship with warp engines more powerful than the space-frame was capable of dealing with, hence why the prototype was mothballed.

What was said about the Federation shields is correct. Star Trek shields seem to be more of a "percentage coverage" and "likelihood of getting struck by laser fire" indicator. Especially in the games, when a ship's shields drop anywhere below 90%, the hull starts getting scorched.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                            No, it doesn't. We've never seen the Defiants shields stand up to the Borg well, and it was already canon that Defiant was designed for heavy damage output, but it cannot withstand sustained combat with the enemies it was meant to engage. In first contact it gets ripped up pretty bad just by some Borg phaser fire.
                            Yeah that is after how long of an engagement? Many of the other ships were already wiped out including the admiral's ship which you can't tell me was anything less than a Galaxy at any rate it was probably a ship of the line. Yeah compared to say a Sovereign class then yeah it has week shields, compared to a lot of 24th century vessels it has weeker shields, but we are talking about the Defiant, a 24th century tech ship, built by the Federation which has the technical knowledge of how many races? Compaired to a 21st century vessel using the hi-technology of one race the Asgards. I love the Asgard they are one of my favorite races in Stargate and one of the highest tech levels in Stargate but put them up against the knowledge of all of those races some which have been around for quite some time themselve before the 24th century.
                            sigpic

Comment

To show you some cross-universe issues....

Neutronium, which is the basis of Asgard technology and integrated into their ship armor and all other things Asgard... as well as replicators... exists in Star Trek as well.

In Star Trek, Neutronium is the hardest substance they know, and is impervious to phaser fire. You can't destroy Star Trek's Neutronium hulls.

But you can destroy an asgard ship just fine.

See a problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X