X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Masters of Science Fiction" to air in August on ABC

ABC To Air Masters Of SF

ABC will finally air episodes of Masters of Science Fiction in a four-week run starting Aug. 4, Zap2it.com reported.

From the same producers as Showtime's Masters of Horror, the anthology series was initially considered a mid-season show; ABC ordered six episodes, but now plans to air only four in the death timeslot, Saturdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT.

There's no word yet on which four installments will air. The hourlong shows feature adaptations of stories by such SF masters as Robert A. Heinlein and Harlan Ellison, as well as Walter Mosley. Actors taking part include Terry O'Quinn (ABC's Lost), John Hurt (V for Vendetta), Anne Heche, Judy Davis, Sam Waterston and Malcolm McDowell (NBC's Heroes), the site reported.
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=41840

I'm pretty disappointed with the way this series seems to have been treated by ABC- I know I was ecstatic when I first heard about it, anyway, I'm glad that there will be the chance to see at least some of it, I just hope they don't cancel after the first ep or two due to low ratings. For something that only has an intended six episodes ready made, you'd think that they'd have the decency to actually air the whole thing.

The episode synopses dont sound that exciting...I loved Masters of horror though, it was a pleasant surprise. I'll give the 4 episodes a chance though and hope for something innovative, but somehow i cant see it being the next outer limits.
    Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
    Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

I was really looking forward to this series. I've been a sci-fi fan for a very long time and they have such a huge reservoir to draw from. To hear how it's been treated and to know it will probably wither and die before it's even been given a chance is a terrible disappointment to me.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Working...
      X