• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multichannel: "StarGate Subtly Skewers Sci-Fi"

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6450591.html

StarGate Subtly Skewers Sci-Fi
    By Kent Gibbons -- Multichannel News, 6/10/2007 5:19:00 PM

Friday night's (June 8) episode of Stargate SG-1, on Sci Fi Channel, scored a subtle dig at the hand that feeds the show, but that won't be feeding it for much longer.

The episode, “Family Ties,” is one of only three remaining in the space drama’s record-setting 10th and final season. It features the brilliant Fred Willard as a guest star, playing the con-man father of the character played by Claudia Black. Willard, as Jasec, has Amanda Tapping's Col. Major Carter trying to figure something out, and she's having trouble doing the calculations:

Jasec: “It’s no wonder. I don’t mind telling you, I’m a bit disappointed in this?*facility. I was expecting more.”
    Carter: “Well, at times, so do we. But the truth is, the Stargate program just doesn’t get the support it used to from the people in charge.”?*
    J: “Why not?”
    C: (Shrugs.)
    J: “That’s too bad. Because after all your Stargate program has accomplished for this network of planets, I would think the decision makers would show it the respect it deserves.”
    C: “Ay, yup.”?*

MORE AT LINK ABOVE

Hmm, you would also think given the amount of support fans have given the show over the years that tptb would give the fans the respect they deserve.

Yup

*I couldn't resist*

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6450591.html

StarGate Subtly Skewers Sci-Fi
      By Kent Gibbons -- Multichannel News, 6/10/2007 5:19:00 PM

Friday night's (June 8) episode of Stargate SG-1, on Sci Fi Channel, scored a subtle dig at the hand that feeds the show, but that won't be feeding it for much longer.

The episode, “Family Ties,” is one of only three remaining in the space drama’s record-setting 10th and final season. It features the brilliant Fred Willard as a guest star, playing the con-man father of the character played by Claudia Black. Willard, as Jasec, has Amanda Tapping's Col. Major Carter trying to figure something out, and she's having trouble doing the calculations:

Jasec: “It’s no wonder. I don’t mind telling you, I’m a bit disappointed in this?*facility. I was expecting more.”
      Carter: “Well, at times, so do we. But the truth is, the Stargate program just doesn’t get the support it used to from the people in charge.”?*
      J: “Why not?”
      C: (Shrugs.)
      J: “That’s too bad. Because after all your Stargate program has accomplished for this network of planets, I would think the decision makers would show it the respect it deserves.”
      C: “Ay, yup.”?*

MORE AT LINK ABOVE
      he he
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Colonel Major. You beauty.

Comment

Towards the star of the episode Mitchell also says
          "They canceled it? Really? I didn't even know the new season started."

Comment

Don't forget Dr. Lee shouting Eureka! when Jasec asks why not.

Comment

Originally posted by ooryl2 View Post
              Don't forget Dr. Lee shouting Eureka! when Jasec asks why not.
              Hilarity, I completely missed that.

Comment

I never laughed so hard at an episode as I did with this one. Hubby had no clue what i was laughing at until I kindly explained everything him.

I'm not sure if it was all intentional or not..but damn, either way, it was PERFECT!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                  I never laughed so hard at an episode as I did with this one. Hubby had no clue what i was laughing at until I kindly explained everything him.

I'm not sure if it was all intentional or not..but damn, either way, it was PERFECT!!!!
                  Trust me. Most of it was very intentional IMO.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It was definately intentional, especially with the Eureka! comment. I'm sort of suprised that Sci-Fi didn't edit that part out.

Comment

Oh, that's a burn!
                      Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                      The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                      I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                      A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                      That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                      Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                      Caboose: They could be worse?
                      Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                      X