This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F-302's projectile cannon armament

F-302's most powerful weapon are the modified Earth air-to-air missiles .But they can only carry so much missile payload , in the battle of Antractica, they run out of missile quickly ,and they could not return to Prometheus for reload in the middle of the battle.

But F-302s are also apparently armed with a pair of projectile cannons (though of an unspecified caliber and type), seen in the Stargate Atlantis Season Two episode "The Intruder".

many situation in Pegasus ,when a F-302 has to go up again a hundred of Wraith Dart.like S3 "No man land"

The projectile cannon must be powerful , an extremely high rate of fire and and the projectile ammo must last a long time .

What kind of projectile cannon is use on a 302?

Are they similar to railguns ? or replace with the Earth's plasma base energy weapon Dr Lee and Sam use in episode S10 "Bounty"

more similar to the traditional simple ordinary Earth fighter's Cannon armament?but in sapce there is no air for pneumatically driven cannon arment ,or air to cool the gun.

I think they could be some sort of high caliber gun. I think those would work in space. I don't think its a rail gun.

Who knows .

Comment

It can't be a standard weapon, however, as bullets require oxygen to function.

Either the weapon has an Oxygen tank, or the bullets have an oxidizer already mixed into their propellant.
      Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

Prometheus at the beginning use also standar CIWS guns used by the Navy...

It is possible that the gun on F-302 was a modified Mauser BK-27 cannon... it coul'd be a Vulcan cannon because there was a pair of gun fired from the F-302..Vulcan has more than 3 times the rof of the 27mm.

Comment

Originally posted by ascendedancient42 View Post
          It can't be a standard weapon, however, as bullets require oxygen to function.

Either the weapon has an Oxygen tank, or the bullets have an oxidizer already mixed into their propellant.
          Yeah the bullets have oxidizer mixed in, as far as I know all bullets do, so it could very easily be a standard weapon.
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
            Yeah the bullets have oxidizer mixed in, as far as I know all bullets do, so it could very easily be a standard weapon.
            Thank you. I didn't know that.
            Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

Gunpowder is basically nitroglycerine impregnated cellulose and contains it's own oxygen for combustion.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                Gunpowder is basically nitroglycerine impregnated cellulose and contains it's own oxygen for combustion.
                That's why the Navy Seal's can shoot underwater...

Comment

in the siege II they introduced the stationary rail guns. They said it was made for the promethius, but it looks like it could be fitted into the F-302s as well, maybe with a little modifications. The difference in color could be explained by the friction heating the air around the projectile, if i remember right oxygen burns purple explaining the purple color it had when they were protecting the city. Space doesnt have air so it's color could be completely different. The new colonel said the standard mag holds 10,000 shots i think, so the fighter mounted mags could probably hold more.
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I am pretty sure they are rail guns but I could be wrong
                    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                    A Face you Can Trust
                    sigpic
                    So whats the worst that could happen?
                    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                      It could'nt be railguns because the projectile are much smaller than a railgun...

and the barrel of the railgun is a lot bigger to fit to the 302 and also the magazine.

Comment

the real bulky part of the rail gun in the siege was the chair the opperator sat on to fire the gun, the barrel is long but it still seems small enough to fit into the wing of the F-302. and the projectile for the rail gun isnt large, its very small rather, if memory serves.
                        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                          Railguns would be a massive drain on a 302's power plant. Chemically propelled projectiles, on the other hand, don't have the same electrical demands (even if they were electrically fired, as is the case with Metal Storm)
                          Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                          The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                          I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                          A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                          That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                          Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                          Caboose: They could be worse?
                          Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

A rail gun is very big, like 2/3 the size of an F-302, and they appear to have two such cannons, so it could be a scalled down version of the rail gun but not the same as the ones on Atlantis, or the 304s

Comment

Thejectile of the railguns is faster about 2 times that of the chemical propelled bullets.

Comment

Working...
                              X