Thundercats Live Action Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thundercats Live Action Movie

New Thundercats Live Action Movie on the way!
    Link: http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2007/06/06/4239376-zap.html
    Link: http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=41795
    Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

it better not be like the cartoon thats in the works where the thundercats are a a band..

i'm not surprised either since other 80's tv shows have become movies..
    sigpic

Request signatures/wallpaper here.
    check out everything i've made so far

Comment

Originally posted by drjacksonfan View Post
      it better not be like the cartoon thats in the works where the thundercats are a a band..

i'm not surprised either since other 80's tv shows have become movies..
      oh God there still going along with that horrid show concept T_T

since when was Thundercats a Josee and the pussy cats ripoff?

Comment

I loved this show growing up as a kid. But a live-action movie? I'll hold judgment until I hear more about it.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Gay humanoid cats fighting sorcerous mummies in space. Sounds like a great concept for a movie to me.

In other, more exciting news, they are also making a Voltron live action movie as well as a new He-Man one.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28 View Post
            Gay humanoid cats fighting sorcerous mummies in space. Sounds like a great concept for a movie to me.

In other, more exciting news, they are also making a Voltron live action movie as well as a new He-Man one.
            Talk about being able to re-live my childhood.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I read that the movie is actually going to be CGI. Has anyone else read that?

Comment

Originally posted by kisstian View Post
                I read that the movie is actually going to be CGI. Has anyone else read that?
                There are conflicting reports on the CGI. With some really bad fan stuff that came out at the same time. For every CGI report I reed a Live Action so I would say, from what I have reed, that it will end up being some kind of mix, Live Action/CGI show. But I have nothing to back that up.
                Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

CGI would make a helluva lot more sense. I'm not saying it couldn't be done with live action, but I think it'd be better with CGI. Or maybe more like what they did with Gollum- a real actor with a CGI makeover.

Comment

this could work alright aslong as the cat makeup is really good, like the cat people makeup from doctor who, but better.
                    and mumm'ra has to be really scary
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                    Quotes!
                    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                      this could work alright aslong as the cat makeup is really good, like the cat people makeup from doctor who, but better.
                      and mumm'ra has to be really scary
                      Yeah, I don't want Mumm'ra to end up being a character I laugh at when I see him on-screen.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Well it could end up looking like this.
                        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Well since they said "Live Action" I would venture to guess it is probably "Live Action". CGI is still considered animation and would be advertised as such. I ti will be interesting to see how this looks. I always loved Thundercats growing up so I will be more than willing to give it a chance.

Comment

Not live action, actually.

Although earlier reports suggested that the "Thundercats" movie would be live action, the film is being computer animated, a Warner Bros. spokesperson said.
                            I still think it's the better option, especially after seeing that home made trailer thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                              Not live action, actually.

I still think it's the better option, especially after seeing that home made trailer thing.
                              That YouTube thing was pretty funny to watch though. However, I do agree. Computer animation probably is the best way to go.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X