This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aerofighter vs. Eurofighter

I had recently watched the episode when they went to the planet that was on war. And they used the fron-line fighter of Eurondan.

How it bould be effective agains our own Eurofighter?

Originally posted by Gen. Nuke View Post
    I had recently watched the episode when they went to the planet that was on war. And they used the fron-line fighter of Eurondan.

How it bould be effective agains our own Eurofighter?
    Eurofighter? Why that one? Anyways.. no way, their fighters are like 100 years ahead of theirs and are unmanned.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
      Eurofighter? Why that one? Anyways.. no way, their fighters are like 100 years ahead of theirs and are unmanned.
      Er, that didn't make sense. I assume you were trying to say that our fighters are like 100 years ahead of theirs. Not entirely accurate and we really don't have any good unmanned fighters. But the Eurondans are probably a good 40-50 years behind us at the least I would say, probably on par with the Kelowans.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28 View Post
        Er, that didn't make sense. I assume you were trying to say that our fighters are like 100 years ahead of theirs. Not entirely accurate and we really don't have any good unmanned fighters. But the Eurondans are probably a good 40-50 years behind us at the least I would say, probably on par with the Kelowans.
        Uh, no, the Eurondans are much more advanced than we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          Uh, no, the Eurondans are much more advanced than we are.
          Yeah otherwise we wouldn't have been interested in their tech.
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

They seemed to suffer from the same short range dogfight weapon syndrome.
            I didn't see any missile.
            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
              They seemed to suffer from the same short range dogfight weapon syndrome.
              I didn't see any missile.

Copy that!..the Eurofighter will just sit 100km away and shoot that thing with MBDA Meteor.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Nuke View Post
                Copy that!..the Eurofighter will just sit 100km away and shoot that thing with MBDA Meteor.
                Unless they jam the missile

Comment

I assume you're talking about a Eurofighter Typhoon? I've seen one fly and they're fantastic. Fast and loud. But I'm not sure how well it would do against an unmanned alien spacecraft

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28 View Post
                    You assume wrong, the thread is "Aerofighter vs. Eurofighter" meaning the Eurofighter jet fighter plane thingy that Europeans have (I guess the f-35 lighning is better, but whatever ) vs the Eurondan's unmanned aerofighter. The Eurondans were more advanced than us, maybe 100 years.

Comment

Just because they are more advanced in terms of shields and remote control doesn't mean their UAVs are a match for the Eurofighter.

Based on what we saw, the Eurondan aerofighter just fires bolts of energy, and you had to get within visual range (< 8km) to destroy their targets. The Eurofighter on the other hand can can use AMRAAMs or Meteor to take out an enemy at 50km+ distances. There is no competition.

Its the same situation as comparing a Death Glider to an F-22. Yeah the Goa'uld were "more advanced" but in an atmosphere, a Death Glider would be owned by even the poorest nation's aircraft today because of missiles and range.

Just because an alien race is more technologically advanced doesn't mean they have superior strategies or war experience. Just look at the Ancients. The most technologically advanced, yet their performance against the Wraith was pathetic compared to Earth. If Earth had the resources the ancients did, the Wraith would have been extinct in months.

Besides, we all know the show's creators give alien ships lasers and show short-range fighting because it looks cool. But looking cool, and being an effective weapon are 2 different things.
                      Last edited by Londo Molari; 08 June 2007, 09:15 AM.

Comment

But you feel G's with a fighter jet, I don't think you feel G's in a Death Glider. That's an advantage for the DG over the EF.

Comment

Well if you notice in "Into the Fire" you see that the needle threaders weapons actualy aim towards the turret and destroy it. So I do believe the Goa'uld do have targeted energy weapons

Best Pic I could find of what I am talking about. So the Goa'uld may be on par with missle tech and lock on weapons
                          Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                          A Face you Can Trust
                          sigpic
                          So whats the worst that could happen?
                          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                            Well if you notice in "Into the Fire" you see that the needle threaders weapons actualy aim towards the turret and destroy it. So I do believe the Goa'uld do have targeted energy weapons

Best Pic I could find of what I am talking about. So the Goa'uld may be on par with missle tech and lock on weapons
                            One occasion with a proto type ship never reproduced and it still doesn't escape the fact that the glider would need to get into range to be effective. It would be dead long before then.
                            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                              One occasion with a proto type ship never reproduced and it still doesn't escape the fact that the glider would need to get into range to be effective. It would be dead long before then.
                              That one ship was I think a 100 years old so if they didn't pgrade the weapons on Gliders then the Goa'uld are idoits.
                              Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                              A Face you Can Trust
                              sigpic
                              So whats the worst that could happen?
                              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Working...
                              X