X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wormhole vs Hyperspace

So this got me thinking for a while now

every time I see a ship in hyuperspace (think of the episode reckoning in season 8) I think about wormholes. I have this theory that the ancients built the gates for the purpose of establishing super-hyperspace windows, being the wormholes. the differences between these superhyperspacewindows and the normal ones would then be that the first one is much more powerful and thus speedier. And that the superwormholes can be established on a planet.

Any thoughts from your ends?
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total b*stard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

Uhh...

Hyperspace is creating an entry window into a parallel subspace where the speed of light is a lot higher than conventional space, allowing the ship travelling there to be able to travel faster to their destination.

Wormholes, on the other hand, are gravitational wells that pull two points until they are the exact same point, allowing the user to step through taht point and end up at their destination instantaneously.

Two totally separate concepts. So no.

Comment

^ what IcyNeko said.

a wormhole and hyperspace are two totally different things
      Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
      sigpic
      sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
        Uhh...

Hyperspace is creating an entry window into a parallel subspace where the speed of light is a lot higher than conventional space, allowing the ship travelling there to be able to travel faster to their destination.

Wormholes, on the other hand, are gravitational wells that pull two points until they are the exact same point, allowing the user to step through taht point and end up at their destination instantaneously.

Dude, that is so 1337, mad restecp
        The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total b*stard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

Comment

the only common occurance between the two is that they are both modes of transit, little else is left though it is possible taking a wormhole could very well be a bumpy ride.
          "It's because you just cant spell manslaughter without the laughter..."

"If you move around the letters in "Ori Infantry" it spells Meatsheild."

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
            Uhh...

Carter?

It means IcyNeko is smart, sir.

Comment

Working...
            X