This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alien Fighter; crappy ground attacker

Why is that the Gliders and Darts can be easily shoot down? We had seen one Death Glider being shot down by a grenade launcher but was able to shoot down F-302s.. Also the Dart which ocassionally been shoot down by Light Machineguns..

Why not?

Comment

too bad for them if they were on Iraq or in Palestine..hehe!

Comment

Little gods played by accepted rules, and didn't need warvessels. Death Gliders were enough for terror and random moderate damage.

What's more disapointing, however, is the poor quality of ori fighters. These are meant to be ships for conquest. Real conquest. But they suck big times. Same crappy range. No sort of missile, no bomb whatsoever, and no shields. But I've already stretched myself over those points.
        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I never expected the Ori fighters to have shields, that would be ridiclus.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
            Why would it be ridiculas?
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

The Goa'uld: So used to fighting each other for thousands of years that they evoloved a very specific idea of what warfare looks like based around their preference for using their terror troops to fight one another as well.

The Wraith: It's a tractor not a fighter. Darts are primarily used to scoop fleeing defencless primitives off of planets in large numbers, something they do quite well. The fact they have any weapons at all is somewhat surprising. Given 10,000 years of uncontested dominion of their galaxy they've probably also forgotten what a real fighter even looks like by now.

The Ori: Don't really have any excuse. I guess they just suck as much ass at building fighters as they do at building practical infantry armour and small arms. It's also possible that they take a "good enough" view on building ships for their conscript army. IE it doesn't have to be the best they can make just "good enough" to smash the Jaffa/Earth/expected opposition. This would save them time building it and resources. It kinda falls through once you see how all their horrible designs are decorated with all that stupid time wasting ornate inscription and what not. Yep they probably just suck at it. Too much time in the ascended realms sucking on soul juice and lighting each other on fire or something.

Comment

what exactly is wrong with the ori fighters?
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
                  Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                  Why would it be ridiculas?
                  Ridiclus, not ridiculas.
                  The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

it's ridiculus, not ridiclus or ridiculas!!!
                    Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

:-S

No, it's ridiculous...

What the hell is wrong with people's spelling on this board?!

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
                        it's ridiculus, not ridiclus or ridiculas!!!
                        Please. That's rediculos!

Comment

your spelling guys are riddickolous!

Comment

this thread has become straight ridicular
                            www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                              this thread has become straight ridicular
                              Don't be ridiculous.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X