This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other planets and airpower

Why is it that whenever we visit another planet either by stargate or by ship, the race on the planet never has any airplanes or fighters. I mean there were a few, but wouldnt you think there would be more?

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Well we've seen very few planets that have reached our level of development. Remember the galaxy was mostly dominated by the Goa'uld, we were only allowed to develop because we didn't have a Stargate and the Goa'uld essentially forgot about us. They're very few planets in the Milky Way besides Earth that developed technologically, mostly because of the Goa'uld. Apparently the same holds true of Pegasus because of the Wraith.

Apparently in the SG universe all the evil races are advanced and they all manage to do whatever they want with minimal interference.
    www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

I wouldn't call the Tollan or the Hebridians evil, really.
      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
        I wouldn't call the Tollan or the Hebridians evil, really.
        Spoiler:
        I would call them Wiped Out.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
          Spoiler:
          Wasn't the point.
          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

The Tollan advanced very quickly in a short space of time after the Goa'uld abandoned them so the Goa'uld wound't have checked up on them. When the Goa'uld realised how much they had advanced it was too late. The Tollan could effectively defend theirselves.
            As for the Hebridians, the Goa'uld that ruled over the humans were destroyed by the aliens.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

If we visit by Stargate we have no reason to see any planes as the characters are just walking around. You dont see aircrafts flying over your heads constantly on Earth, you could easily walk around for a few hours without ever seeing one, that dosnt mean we dont have it.

If we arrive by ship, the view of the planet is usually from high orbit and then from people walking on the surface, aircrafts wouldnt be visable from orbit and the same as above applies for on foot travel.

Several of the planets we have seen could have had flight capabilites but that dosnt mean we have to have seen it.

Comment

Spoiler:
                I wouldn't, not the Hebridians at least.

Comment

The Hebridans could still be around but we will never know. The Tollan are completely wiped out. And considering the age of some of the planets we've visited, many of them should be ahead of even the Tollan. Were it not for the Goa'uld they probably would be.
                  www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Hebridians were
                    Spoiler:
                    conqured by the Ori.

Comment

Also these people can't invent a car or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeroq View Post
                        Also these people can't invent a car or anything.
                        Some do.. like the planet from badguys... But i will agree, even those planets we have visited, that are/were close in technology seemed to have no ground transportation.

Comment

Do other earth-like planet developed weapons technology the same as ours?

The planet in Momento has armored vehicle and GunAirships and ICBMs.

Comment

all other races we've seen by travel with our ships were in 1950s tech (Tegalans). The Tagreans were slightly ahead of us technologically, and we did face their space capable balistic missle.

The rest we entered via stargate.
                            However we did see aircraft from:
                            Eurondans (dead) but the "Breeders" are still alive
                            Gadeemer (don't know, probably still waiting for their civilization to be rebuilt)
                            Bedrosians (don't know)
                            The people from Ardena and Talthus have ships.
                            The Alliance of the four great races
                            and Martin's race (but theyre dead, exception of that one ship they had)

Planets that probably have aircraft we havent seen:
                            Taldur (prisoner's episode, original planet) most probably had air power, fate unknown
                            BP6-3Q1 (bane planet) safe to assume they had aircraft, and they are probably all dead
                            Latonans (sentinel)- gave up on technology so it seems so im not sure, but at a time before most definately.
                            Galarans were beyond us technologically so its safe to assume they had ships
                            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

That planet where the 'Destroyers of World' fled to also had Zeppelins.
                              The planet who worshipped Nirr'ti and were at war with the 'atheist' faction had ships.
                              Langara and enemies had planes (mentioned they had bombers)
                              The 'cold war' planet probably had them too.
                              Disliked a recent episode?
                              Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
                              The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

Working...
                              X