This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Size of Ori ships

The size of an Ori ship seems huge but there is that big glowy thing is it really that big? It looks big even counting the big glowy orb.

Sorry if this has already been posted I just got back on and I didn't find anything from a search.

It's at least 3 times the size (or mass) of a Ha'tak, so yeah, it's a huge vessel, probably larger than an Imperial-class Star Destroyer from Star Wars even. Some people have extrapolated its size by comparing it against the Odyssey and Ha'taks (disregarding the constant size inconsistencies) and have estimated that it's somewhere between 2.5-4 km in length on average.

Comment

^ wow really that big!?
      i never knew that they were that big.
      cause i read somewhere that atlantis was only the size of 2 ha'taks

Comment

^

O_o !!???

Unless each Ha'tak is actually at least 9 to 10 km in length, most definitely not. Atlantis is supposed to be at least the size of Manhattan.

If that were really the case, I wouldn't even classify Atlantis as a city-ship, a Wraith Hiveship would be able to flatten the thing just by landing on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidwizz View Post
          ^ wow really that big!?
          i never knew that they were that big.
          cause i read somewhere that atlantis was only the size of 2 ha'taks
          Look at the pic below where we see Daedalus landing beside one of the piers on Atlantis.

Daedalus Landing

It only takes up a little bit of a single pier.

In 'Sunday' we saw just how big it actually was.

Sunday

McKay is that little dot in the middle of the screen at the edge of the pier.

So somehow I seriously doubt that it's only the size of 2 Ha'taks! 20, then maybe, but certainly not 2.

Comment

Atlantis is officially the largest ship in the Stargate universe. It's quite a bit bigger than a hive. Perhaps 15Km give or take a few.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

they deffinately put the real perspective on altantis in sunday. of course I[m suprised anyone is debating it's size since in the opening credits for atlantis there is a breif scene of the daedelus landing or lifiting off from one of it's peirs.
              "It's because you just cant spell manslaughter without the laughter..."

"If you move around the letters in "Ori Infantry" it spells Meatsheild."

Comment

Originally posted by TKG View Post
                they deffinately put the real perspective on altantis in sunday. of course I[m suprised anyone is debating it's size since in the opening credits for atlantis there is a breif scene of the daedelus landing or lifiting off from one of it's peirs.

You have a screencap of that?

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
                  Atlantis is officially the largest ship in the Stargate universe. It's quite a bit bigger than a hive. Perhaps 15Km give or take a few.
                  Sorry?

The Gadmeer ship alone was 2 miles wide. A hiveship is 11 km long.

Atlantis, apparently, is meant to be 3 km wide, or so. Eventually as large as Anubis' superships.
                  The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

the Ori mother ship is huge but the big ring in the middle seriousl cuts out the volume. so there is less usable space (for storage) than you originally thought.
                    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Atlantis is larger than a hive ship. A hive ship is larger than anubis's mothership. wheres the confusion here?

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
                        Atlantis is larger than a hive ship. A hive ship is larger than anubis's mothership. wheres the confusion here?
                        ok i'll try and help stop the confusion...

Atlantis has been scaled to a maximum of 7km across a hive is 11km that is a fact shown by various scaling and word of the designer. A Hive is bigger and easily the largest ship in SG...

You have no facts or evidence to back up your opinion if you want to debate which ship is bigger give evidence instead of just saying your opinion

Now TPTB may indeed intend for Atlantis to be the largest ship in SG but it's never been demonstrated as such.
                        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                          ok i'll try and help stop the confusion...

Atlantis has been scaled to a maximum of 7km across a hive is 11km that is a fact shown by various scaling and word of the designer. A Hive is bigger and easily the largest ship in SG...

You have no facts or evidence to back up your opinion if you want to debate which ship is bigger give evidence instead of just saying your opinion

Now TPTB may indeed intend for Atlantis to be the largest ship in SG but it's never been demonstrated as such.
                          and wheres your evidence so suport that a hive is the bigest ship in sg?
                          sigpic
                          Sig For Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cban View Post
                            and wheres your evidence so suport that a hive is the bigest ship in sg?
                            i just provided it! Scaling putting it at 11km compared to all other ships who don't come close...that enough evidence?
                            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                              i just provided it! Scaling putting it at 11km compared to all other ships who don't come close...that enough evidence?
                              no its not realy thats not evidece do u have screen caps to supotthis that the hive ship is the biggest ship in stargate ?
                              sigpic
                              Sig For Me!

Comment

Working...
                              X