This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earths Address

This may have come up (searching found nothing) but i was wondering what the six symbol address for earth is.

It's: Auriga / Cetus / Centaurus / Cancer / Scutum / Eridanus

You can see it being dialled in 'Solitudes'.

However RDA has a few diagrams on his site that you can check out below. Simply scroll down the page till you get to Earth.

Link

Comment

i would like to know what the name of earth is in corolation to its address. ive tried to figurer it out put have given up. i am talking about when jack got the knowledge dowloaded into his brain the second time and daniel said that each of the symbols on the gate have a corosponding sound so that it can be spoken out loud. like proclorush taonas.

Comment

Originally posted by apollo22 View Post
        i would like to know what the name of earth is in corolation to its address. ive tried to figurer it out put have given up. i am talking about when jack got the knowledge dowloaded into his brain the second time and daniel said that each of the symbols on the gate have a corosponding sound so that it can be spoken out loud. like proclorush taonas.
        terra atlantus or something like that jack say's it in the lost city part two i think

Comment

Originally posted by apollo22 View Post
          That, while being a nifty idea, was eventually dropped by the writers.

Like Xeon_1 said, Earth was known as 'Terra Atlantis' in The Lost City Pt. II, with 'Terra' referring to Earth, and 'Atlantis' referring to the Lantean city here.

Terra Atlantis only has 5 syllables, so you end up with only 5 symbols, which can't work as a Stargate Address since you need 6 plus a point of origin to get anywhere.
          Also, Atlantis left Earth 10 million years ago, so calling this planet 'Terra Atlantis' is no longer as descriptive as it once was, which is another problem with that naming system.
          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Thanks for the help.

Comment

it seems silly to me that Daniel and the crew freaked out in the 1st movie when they only had 6 symbols. they only needed to try the 6 symbols with the remaining 33 symbols on the dhd.
              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

The Ancient planet naming system was 'officially' dropped in 'The Pegasus Project' when Morgan LaFay gave us the names of the three Ancient planets which were possible locations of the Sangraal.
                These names had insufficient syllables to be part of the naming system.

Its a shame really, cos the planet naming system was probably the most original and practical idea to come out of any sci-fi show in quite a while. Shame they couldn't be bothered to keep it going.

Comment

Working...
                X