This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I LIKE about Cameron and Vala joining the show

I'm totally sick of the "Did Vala and Cam kill the show" thread, so I think it's time for the opposite one. I truly think that Cam and Vala's characters contributed to the show's higher quality in seasons 9 and 10 very much and the actors actually made the show better.

Originally posted by Truskawka View Post
    I'm totally sick of the "Did Vala and Cam kill the show" thread, so I think it's time for the opposite one. I truly think that Cam and Vala's characters contributed to the show's higher quality in seasons 9 and 10 very much and the actors actually made the show better.
    Truskawka,

Are you inviting all types of opinions or just positive. If so, you might want to note it.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Might want to make it the Pro Cam and Vala thread--ONLY.
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

The addition of Cam and Vala were just the right touch the show needed. Especially Vala. She's funnier than Jack ever was.

There is no way in heck Jack could ever have gotten under Woolsy's skin the way she did.
        Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

going by our history with truskawka and her strident and passionate preferences, i'm gonna presume that this is a pro only thread, thus i have changed the title to reflect that.

and a general warning, this thread is to discuss the characters and how you feel they made the show better. it is not a thread to slang off on your fellow fen.

Please keep it on topic and leave other fans preferences out of it
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't say they made the show better, I'd say they kept the show from tanking after Jack left.

So yes, I'd say they made up for Jack's absence very well and added a very nice dynamic to the show; I've really come to love both characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
              I wouldn't say they made the show better, I'd say they kept the show from tanking after Jack left.

So yes, I'd say they made up for Jack's absence very well and added a very nice dynamic to the show; I've really come to love both characters.
              I think both Mitchell and Vala made SG-1 better as well. They both did help add a new dynamic to the show, no doubt about that IMO. I wish we would have had more time to develop them both further, past Season 10.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Truskawka View Post
                The opposite of a neutral thread?

Comment

I agree that they were a good boost to the show. After season six, the show's forumla beganto change as Jack became less prevalent and finaly ended up behind a desk. Season eight was far different than any of the other seasons. The team dynamic was lacking and the team spent far more time on Earth doing things as a group of three.

When Mitchell shwed up, the show went back to its early roots. The action picked up. Mitchell and Vala brought a different types of comedy to the show. as well. It was very refreshing.
                  I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                    When Mitchell shwed up, the show went back to its early roots. The action picked up. Mitchell and Vala brought a different types of comedy to the show. as well. It was very refreshing.
                    Very refreshing, indeed! Both Ben and Claudia are excellent actors, and really breathed a lot of life into their respective SG-1 characters.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Oh yeah! I love what Cam and Vala added to the show after RDA left/s8. Nothing against either, but these too added a new spark that I think the show needed after losing one of its main lead characters. I love the new team dynamic and the new sides they bring out in the other characters. Plus BB and CB are awesome actors and are blast to watch.
                      banner by Stef

Comment

I fail to see how this thread is so different from the Pro-S10 thread to warrant a different thread...

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                          I fail to see how this thread is so different from the Pro-S10 thread to warrant a different thread...

suse
                          Because we're not just discussing the impact they made on Season 10. We're discussing their cumulative impact, in both Seasons 9 and 10.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post

I'm not saying the show was bad before but it had the possibility of tanking when Jack left so I also agree that they did a great job in keeping the show fresh and making me want to tune in every week. I really loved the new characters as well and think they helped the show rather than hurt it.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

The title of this thread - and it's companion - has been changed to make it a bit clearer and less confusing.

However, this thread needs to remain solely about cameron and vala and not turn into a general pro or anti thread or it will be merged into the existing pro/anti thread - as in appropriate.

I will also warn folks that this is NOT the place to slang off on other fans. And if you want a real discussion, there's always the 'did cam and vala kill the show' thread, which is open to all points of view.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X