This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Space Program in MW

Who are the other races who uses hyperdrives to their ships?

Does the Galarans posses technology almost the same as SG Earth? I think the Galarans had advanced space program similar to earth and capable of building capital ships or they may already have it. But was only lacking of hyperdrive systems.

Do the Hebridians have also hyperdrive system?

The Galarans had hypderdrive tech, otherwise the ship wouldn't have been able to take the Enkarans to their homeworld in time.

The Hebredans do I expect but as they don't really explore or go far they don't need lots so we've ever seen them.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

The Galarans are the race with the modified Gua'uld memory tech that was used to frame Mitchel for the murder of one of their scientists. There is no evidence they had space faring technology at that level.

The race that helped the Encarans certainly does.

The Hebridans do have some sort of hyperdrive technology, otherwise they couldn't get their ships to other star systems in any reasonable amount of time. But since they don't travel far from their home and didn't know about the stargate network, I'd guess their hyperdrive tech is on par, or below that of the Wraith.

Same with the Aschen, though they could posibly have developed their empire through gate travel allone. If the Aschen had hyperdrive as advanced as the Gua'uld, they'd be a far larger threat in the galaxy. Right now, their limited travel abilities keeps them bottled up in one place.

The only other race that might have hyperdrive tech without using surpluss Gua'uld ships are the Nox. There's no evidence that they use it, but given their technology and age, they probly have the knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
        The Galarans had hypderdrive tech, otherwise the ship wouldn't have been able to take the Enkarans to their homeworld in time.

The Hebredans do I expect but as they don't really explore or go far they don't need lots so we've ever seen them.
        No, the Galarans where we get the Memory grafting technology in exchange to Advanced Hyperdrive Technology. It was back on 912 ep. "Collateral Damage".

Comment

Originally posted by cooky View Post
          The Galarans are the race with the modified Gua'uld memory tech that was used to frame Mitchel for the murder of one of their scientists. There is no evidence they had space faring technology at that level.

The race that helped the Encarans certainly does.

The Hebridans do have some sort of hyperdrive technology, otherwise they couldn't get their ships to other star systems in any reasonable amount of time. But since they don't travel far from their home and didn't know about the stargate network, I'd guess their hyperdrive tech is on par, or below that of the Wraith.

Same with the Aschen, though they could posibly have developed their empire through gate travel allone. If the Aschen had hyperdrive as advanced as the Gua'uld, they'd be a far larger threat in the galaxy. Right now, their limited travel abilities keeps them bottled up in one place.

The only other race that might have hyperdrive tech without using surpluss Gua'uld ships are the Nox. There's no evidence that they use it, but given their technology and age, they probly have the knowledge.

The Aschen never even knew about the Stargates, that was a huge plot point to those episodes. They had to have had pretty advanced hyperdrives or they wouldn't have an extensive Federation in the way that they do. Also they were supposedly far advanced to the Goa'uld so theres a good chance there hyperdrives follow that pattern.
          www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
            The Aschen never even knew about the Stargates, that was a huge plot point to those episodes. They had to have had pretty advanced hyperdrives or they wouldn't have an extensive Federation in the way that they do. Also they were supposedly far advanced to the Goa'uld so theres a good chance there hyperdrives follow that pattern.
            wasnt it the acshen used to use stargates to send crops back to their homeworld from planets that they had agriculturalised? they had the hover ships that picked up the gates and droped stuff through in the ep 2001 right? i cant remeber precisely, its been a while since i saw that one.
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

The aschen had lmited knowledge of the stargates (only a few addresses in their confederation). They woud also have to have some form of less-advanced hyperdrive, since they are travelling to planets in their local cluster, but it is still inter-steller travel in less than a lifetime.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
                The aschen had lmited knowledge of the stargates (only a few addresses in their confederation). They woud also have to have some form of less-advanced hyperdrive, since they are travelling to planets in their local cluster, but it is still inter-steller travel in less than a lifetime.
                The whole point of that episode was to tote how advanced the Aschen really are.

Keep in mind that they EASILY wiped out the Goa'uld! They are one of the more advanced races that we encountered in the show.
                www.theamericanright.com

Comment

Maybe, The Goa'uld hyperdrive is from ancient technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Nuke View Post
                    Maybe, The Goa'uld hyperdrive is from ancient technology.
                    All Goa'uld technology is dervived from Ancients. Even the Asgards tech is dervived from the Anicents.

Comment

I think alot of you are forgetting about the Tollan. Althought we never saw them they had ships (mentioned only) and where advanced enought to make their own stargate, out of phase watches, iron canons ect... there4 would would say they had hyperdrives. Otherwise how would they have gottern 2 their new homeworld that quick.

The Aliens in the Grcae ship also had hyperdrives but they got damaged in the cloud.

Other rcaes which may have their own off-screen hyperdrivers or are at the level inwhich they should be able to develope them are the foothold aliens (may not be from MW however), fish people (from "fire and water"), spirits, crystel skull aliens, Furlings, Urgos race.
                      sigpic
                      Banner Made By Me for Me
                      The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by cooky View Post
                        The Galarans made some modifucations on our hyperdrives and they didn't ask for other technologies such as sublight, antigravity, inertial gravity and other stuffs.

Other races maybe uses other means of interstellar travel like Space Warp, or Jumpgate, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                          I think alot of you are forgetting about the Tollan. Althought we never saw them they had ships (mentioned only) and where advanced enought to make their own stargate, out of phase watches, iron canons ect... there4 would would say they had hyperdrives.
                          Iron canons eh... watch out Goa'uld system lords... Blackbeard of the Tollan have IRON CANNONS! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                            Er, to my recollection, the Aschen did indeed have little knowledge about the Stargate, which is why they only had a handful of working adresses, no chart to calculate for planetary shift and such. It's the same with Earth and Abydos. I don't remember anything about their spaceships.

Comment

Your right, they had a limited knowledge of the gate and didn't fully understand it. However, in 2010 they completely defeated the Goa'uld. How could they do that WITHOUT interstellar travel and spaceships to fight with?
                              www.theamericanright.com

Comment

Working...
                              X