This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaffa Technology

I'm sure this was brought up before, but couldn't find it when I did a quick search. So sorry

The Goa'uld have genetic memories so there able to do R&D rather easily. The Jaffa always thought the Goa'uld were gods and there technology was related to there god hood.

Are Jaffa able to do R&D? Or do they just use the left over tech from the Goa'uld and try to patch it the best they can?

Could the jaffa innovate? Do they have a concept of science like Earth does?

jaffa use goa'uld technology, although they see it as godly power or magic rather than science. I would imagine that the technology is made by the goa'uld themselves (goa'uld in the service of the system lords rather than the system lords themselves). As for repairing technology, i dont think they do, the most advanced objects the jaffa own are the staff weapons and they dont seem to require much maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
      jaffa use goa'uld technology, although they see it as godly power or magic rather than science. I would imagine that the technology is made by the goa'uld themselves (goa'uld in the service of the system lords rather than the system lords themselves). As for repairing technology, i dont think they do, the most advanced objects the jaffa own are the staff weapons and they dont seem to require much maintenance.
      So what are they going to do now? That there free? You think earth is going to send them generators etc..

Comment

I just meant that they are completely dependant on Goa'uld technology. they havent made anything of their own so far because their gods provided them with what they needed. I'm sure they are capable of R&D, science, engineering etc. its just they have never had to before. even if earth did send them generators they wouldnt accept them, the jaffa are a proud race and would rather try to get by on their own than accept help from earth.

Comment

But seeing how they never understood the basics of how stuff worked, how are they going to learn? I guessing they have a couple captured Goa'uld they might be milking for info

Comment

jaffa technology seems to be at a similar level to Earth in the middle ages (based on the architectural style of Chulak), i doubt they would dispose of all goa'uld technolgy they have and start over, as long as it keeps working it doesnt matter how. they still have gliders and cargo ships, as well as a few ha'taks. backward engineering might be too difficult but goa'uld technology is hardly in short supply. they could keep using it while developing their own technologies.

Comment

I think it's a real plothole that the jaffa used to see these things as magic and now only a year later they suddenly have impressive understanding of technology.

what's an even bigger leap of faith is the lucian alliance and the rest of the primitive humans under the goauld suddenly being able to go as far as reverse engineering their tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                I think it's a real plothole that the jaffa used to see these things as magic and now only a year later they suddenly have impressive understanding of technology.

what's an even bigger leap of faith is the lucian alliance and the rest of the primitive humans under the goauld suddenly being able to go as far as reverse engineering their tech.
                The Jaffa have been piloting Goa'uld ships for a long time. When anubis attacked Earth in Lost City do you think he had over 30 minor Goa'uld piloting each of his ships? The Jaffa have had a pretty good understanding of Goa'uld technology for some time. They only didn't know it was technology.

And the Lucian Alliance didn't reverse engineer the Goa'uld technology. When the majority of the Goa'uld were destroyed there was a power vacum and lots of ships left over. The Jaffa, Tok'ra and Lucian Alliance merely claimed these ships.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
                  The Jaffa have been piloting Goa'uld ships for a long time. When anubis attacked Earth in Lost City do you think he had over 30 minor Goa'uld piloting each of his ships? The Jaffa have had a pretty good understanding of Goa'uld technology for some time. They only didn't know it was technology.
                  I'm not talking about piloting ships, I'm talking about them suddenly having the technical skills to use the weapon on Dakara or steal an Ori ship. things like that..
                  Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
                  And the Lucian Alliance didn't reverse engineer the Goa'uld technology. When the majority of the Goa'uld were destroyed there was a power vacum and lots of ships left over. The Jaffa, Tok'ra and Lucian Alliance merely claimed these ships.
                  I know they use the technology left behind by the Goauld, but I'm talking about things like the cargo ship they upgraded with decoy energy signatures and pulse wave, or the bounty huntress with the laser ring that was appearenly "based on Goauld design", or Vala's dad understanding sensors better than Dr. Lee.

Comment

Ok, the Tau'ri figured how to use the Dakara superweapon, they could have learned from them, the Jaffa could steal a ship without a snake telling them how, like I said they've had an understanding of Goa'uld tech for some hundreds of years, and vala's father is an alien who has had access to sensors most his life I expect. The Tau'ri have had them for 10 years and Dr. Lee has for even less.

Spoiler:

Carter?

I... haven't left yet

Comment

Do the Jaffa posses shipyards?

I think they have a wide understanding of the Goa'uld technology especially those who repair and build the ships. And seems they are able to adopt to any technology like earth's technology. In the Alternet reality in season 1 the jaffa had operated the computers of the SGC and managed to open the Blast Window. Though they never used any human computer before.

Comment

Lets use a computer in the place of a hatak ship.
                        Its easy with a little trainning and self exsperimentation to learn how to use a computer but a completey diffrent feild of knowledge and understanding to then build, program and inprove the technologies of a computer. At the moment i think the Jaffa are just learing to use the "computers" i.e. customing the desktops, setting up internet security, emailing each other and making basic banners for their jaffa forums in photoshop. While the minor Goa'ulds where the ones programing the new software and updates, developing better memory units and running speeds, installing and creating the new Vista to replace the old XP ect...
                        sigpic
                        Banner Made By Me for Me
                        The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

jaffa are the ori soldiers but abit more know how, they may know how to biuld ships well some of them do, and thats the only thing, they were used to fight and srve and thats about it, the gouald didnt care about them, thats why they would of lived in houses made of naquada or something richers but they just lived in mud buildings.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Nuke View Post
                            Do the Jaffa posses shipyards?

I think they have a wide understanding of the Goa'uld technology especially those who repair and build the ships. And seems they are able to adopt to any technology like earth's technology. In the Alternet reality in season 1 the jaffa had operated the computers of the SGC and managed to open the Blast Window. Though they never used any human computer before.
                            In that one S7 ep, where teal'c goes off to rescue Bri'tak and his son in that camp, we see a ship yard so to speak..

Comment

it was a planet where Jaffa that refused to worship a new Goa'uld were taken to be worked to death. Only they could withstand the heat of refining the Naqudah. There were anti-gravity platforms used to house the Hat'tak under construction.

Spoiler:

Carter?

I... haven't left yet

Comment

Working...
                              X