Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any films/books that make you cry?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any films/books that make you cry?

As the title says, and I mean in sadness, not "this film is so bad I'm going to cry"!

Off the top of my head Dragon Heart makes me cry when Draco dies and Watership Down when Hazel dies, and when they sing 'Bright Eyes' . As for books, Anne McCaffrey's Masterharper of Pern gets me everytime.

Hopefully there isn't a similar thread. I did a search and nothing came up.
    sigpic

Movies:

I agree with you on Draco's death in DragonHeart. That got me, too.

Londo's speech about Human nobility in Babylon 5: In the Beginning.

Short Circuit 2 - Johnny 5 in pieces

Books:

Anne McCaffrey's All the Weyrs of Pern - the ending

Anne's Skies of Pern - when Lessa is reminiscing on the events that had taken place since the Dragonflight

Todd McCaffrey's Dragonsblood

Alan Dean Foster's Phylogenesis - Desvendapur's death

That's all for now.
    sigpic
    "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
    Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Oh, Short Circuit gets me too.

To be honest a lot of films (and tv shows) get me crying, im an easy crier.
      But probably the more notable one (mostly coz i spend the entire film crying) has got to 8 Below, im an animal lover and a dog lover so i just cried all the way. Darn you Disney.

Comment

The epsiode "The Body" from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. No book, movie or tv episode has ever made me cry so much as that one did. I tend to to get a little bleary-eyed reading or watching something sad, but in general I don't get too emotional. However that episode actually made me cry for the whole fourty-two minutes straight.

Comment

I confess I get pretty emotionally invested in things I'm watching and/or reading. So I find myself crying often. But there are certain things that will get me no matter what.

TV:
          Like, there are several Farscape episodes that can make me cry just thinking about them.

Books:
          Outlander & Drangon Fly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
          "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

basically..animal hurt...paris cries hehe i'm such a suck!
            people m'eh... little three legged dog *sob*

so...

bambi, old yeller, last of the dogmen
            what dreams may come
            Spoiler:
            i cry twice every time i watch it .. though i adore this movie.. i cry when the dalmation dies and i cry when he see's the dog in heaven again

i also cried during three episodes of supernatural this year... wow some fantastic, powerful episodes
            and there weren't even any dogs... well okay there was a werewolf
            Last edited by parisindy; 30 May 2007, 07:17 PM.
            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
            ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
            Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
              The epsiode "The Body" from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. No book, movie or tv episode has ever made me cry so much as that one did. I tend to to get a little bleary-eyed reading or watching something sad, but in general I don't get too emotional. However that episode actually made me cry for the whole fourty-two minutes straight.

I cry at that too..especially when Buffy says "Mommy". The Gift makes me cry every time and I've seen it often.

Comment

The Artex scene in the Neverending Story.

And for unknown reasons to me, the end of Rudy.

Comment

Where the Red Fern Grows. Book and movie.

Stone Fox. Book and movie.

And I'll agree on The Body. I think that one probably hits a little too close to home for a lot of people.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
                    I cry at that too..especially when Buffy says "Mommy". The Gift makes me cry every time and I've seen it often.
                    Oh yeah, definitely "The Gift" as well. Interesting how those two eps contrast each other so much in the emotion- "The Body" was so cold and relentless, about life ending before it's time and pointless death. But "The Gift" was very much about a life of fullfillment and being ready to accept a death that meant something. Two deeply emotional episodes that really bring out the tears pretty much with every viewing.

Comment

I forgot some books: The Farseer and Tawny Man trilogys by Robin Hobb. They really make me cry.
                      sigpic

Comment

I almost cried when the Tachikomas bit it at the end of Ghost in the Shell, Stand Alone Complex. I think I'll cry when they die again in 2nd Gig. I still don't know how they came back in Solid State Society, though. I was too busy being happy to see them again. (all this emotion for a bunch of blue spider-like robots that have really high voices)
                        Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                        The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                        I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                        A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                        That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                        Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                        Caboose: They could be worse?
                        Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

forrest gump

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
                            I forgot some books: The Farseer and Tawny Man trilogys by Robin Hobb. They really make me cry.
                            oooo good books! Fool fate was heart wrenching
                            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                            ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                            Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

The Lion King. After Mufasa is killed and Simba lifts up his paw and lies down next to him and lowers his paw back over him as if he's being hugged. Gets me every time.

Comment

Working...
                              X