This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traveler thread

Has anyone watched this new show from ABC yet?. I first read about it a couple of months ago and checked out a 'making of' show on the characters and storyline. It looks rather interesting. I got it season passed on my Tivo, I look forward to watching it tonight.

So feel free to give opinions, ideas or theories about the show. Lets get the discussion started.
    Last edited by the Fifth Race; 30 May 2007, 07:17 AM.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

I noticed this show a few weeks ago myself. I haven't seen any episodes or read anything about it other than seeing a brief introduction. I am going to Tivo the pilot and the second episode tonight.

They made mention that one of the 3 friends might be an alien?.
    The USS Defiant Rocks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

I got this off of the ABC Network web-site:

How well do you know your friends? Would you bet your life on it? After spending every minute of the last two years living, working, and partying together, grad-school students Jay Burchell, Tyler Fog and Will Traveler depart on a cross-country road trip. But when an innocent prank at one of New York's oldest art museums coincides with the bombing of the iconic building, Jay and Tyler are blamed for the terrorist attack and realize that their "friend" Will may have been the one who framed them. Unable to find Will or any evidence that the Will Traveler they knew even existed, Jay and Tyler are forced to flee the city and go on the run.

Now, hunted by the F.B.I. as domestic terrorists, the friends must rely on each other to elude capture, while trying desperately to prove their innocence by answering two questions -- Who is Will Traveler? Why did he do this to them? Jay and Tyler search for clues both in the present and the past, and slowly unravel a conspiracy that involves their friends and family members and calls into question the very nature of American democracy.

Director David Nutter, who has defined many hit series including "The X-Files," "Without a Trace" and "Supernatural," along with the writer of "Eight Below" (David DiGilio) and the Oscar-winning producers of "American Beauty" (Dan Jinks and Bruce Cohen), combine "The Fugitive" and "Enemy of the State" into a taut, tense thriller about innocents on the run. This action-packed drama taps into 21st century paranoia with provocative themes, complex characters and pure adrenaline-fueled entertainment.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Thank's for the heads up Fifth Race. After reading that explanation you posted, I'm in. I like the catch of who Traveler really is - is he an alien or someone with special powers, or both?.

Comment

So far, I really like this show. The first couple episodes have been fast paced, and very well done IMO. I hope this show isn't yet another to just disappear without being given a chance.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

This sounds pretty cool.

But im not sure if I should give it a chance, these days great shows seem to be canceled so often and quickly iv become rather bitter of investing time into shows which will never get endings.
            Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
            Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Originally posted by Acolyte Of Bli'l'ab View Post
              This sounds pretty cool.

But im not sure if I should give it a chance, these days great shows seem to be canceled so often and quickly iv become rather bitter of investing time into shows which will never get endings.
              Believe me, I totally know how you feel. IMO though, this one is worth at least checking out.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                So far, I really like this show. The first couple episodes have been fast paced, and very well done IMO. I hope this show isn't yet another to just disappear without being given a chance.
                I gotta agree with you fifth man. So far it seems decent I did like the pace as well but trying to figure out where the heck it's headed is anyones guess.

I do have some questions - Who or what is Will Traveler? ... Where did Traveler go? ... Was the guy who killed the 2 FBI agents the same guy who was the hotel bell-boy? ... Did Carlton Fogg (Tyler's son) want his own son dead, and was the voice on the cell phone at the end Carlton Fogg?.

IMO, I got a feeling that Will Traveler is going to turn out to be some kind of person with special powers or maybe even an alien. Either way he is both being hunted and protected by different gov't and or corporate agencies. That's why he faked his death and used his so-called friends.

Comment

The Pilot episode was rather convaluted, it did set-up a pretty frenetic pace for early part of the first season. I did enjoy the second episode they showed right after the premiere a lot more, there sure is a lot going on.
                  Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                  I do have some questions - Who or what is Will Traveler? ... Where did Traveler go? ... Was the guy who killed the 2 FBI agents the same guy who was the hotel bell-boy? ... Did Carlton Fogg (Tyler's son) want his own son dead, and was the voice on the cell phone at the end Carlton Fogg?.
                  All valid and good questions Starbase. I was wondering the samething about whether that was Carlton Fogg (Tyler's dad) on the phone with that evil agent/lawyer dude. I also was wondering what the bell-hop/FBI killer black guy's connection is to the storyline.
                  Originally posted by Starbase
                  IMO, I got a feeling that Will Traveler is going to turn out to be some kind of person with special powers or maybe even an alien. Either way he is both being hunted and protected by different gov't and or corporate agencies. That's why he faked his death and used his so-called friends.
                  My thinking goes along the same lines as what you came up with. Good call Starbase.
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

While I do love Science Fiction, I'm almost hoping Will isn't some kind of alien or person with special powers.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I loved it and can't wait to see more of it
                      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                      A Face you Can Trust
                      sigpic
                      So whats the worst that could happen?
                      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                        I loved it and can't wait to see more of it
                        I know what you mean. I can't wait to see what happens next.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

This sounds like a good series.

But I have not seen anything other than this thread about it.

And I have not seen anything about it showing in Britain so I probably gonna acquire the episodes right now.

Comment

While I do love Science Fiction, I'm almost hoping Will isn't some kind of alien or person with special powers.
                            I'm right with you there fifth man. Will Traveler has to be someone special to say the least. What he went through to set up his friends (or did he?) and the protector that seems to be following all 3 of them leads me to believe Traveler has something unique going for him. Whether that's a task he can perform, or if he is an alien, or maybe he is part of some kind of ultra secret special operations entity. I'm just grasping at straws being only 2 episodes in, but it's fun to theorize, so many possibilities.

Comment

IMO, Will was forced to do this. Personally, I think he was just a pawn used by much bigger, more powerful forces. Time will tell though.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X