X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beliskner-class Appreciation Thread!

Hi Everyone:

This is for all you Beliskner-class fans. I don't know about you guys but ever since Thor's Chariot come out of the skies in "Thor's Chariot" and fighting the Goa'uld in "Revelations" I have been in love with the Beliskner. It has amazing design, and it is very awe inspiring. Don't get me wrong, I like the O'Niell also, but it seemed built out of desperation from the Replicators, and doesn't seem very Norse-ish.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Yea I've always loved the Beliskner. I also refuse to believe that it is outdated as they make it seem. It may have lost to an upgraded Ha'tak, but I would expect most ships to lose to something that was upgraded with anything Ancient. Also that episode was sketchy on details, because that ship was supposedly the "ONLY ship available", so for all we know it was broken down and didn't even have running water.

Unfortunately, its enormous and not really worth it to produce, and without the Asgard we will probably never see another one.
    www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
      Yea I've always loved the Beliskner. I also refuse to believe that it is outdated as they make it seem. It may have lost to an upgraded Ha'tak, but I would expect most ships to lose to something that was upgraded with anything Ancient. Also that episode was sketchy on details, because that ship was supposedly the "ONLY ship available", so for all we know it was broken down and didn't even have running water.

Unfortunately, its enormous and not really worth it to produce, and without the Asgard we will probably never see another one.
      Yea seeing as the Asgard were so advanced I could understand them being able to upgrade the Beliskner to match the O'Neill in technology. I think it should have been able to kill at least one of the Ha'taks.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
        Yea seeing as the Asgard were so advanced I could understand them being able to upgrade the Beliskner to match the O'Neill in technology. I think it should have been able to kill at least one of the Ha'taks.
        Agreed. Even with its upgrades I always thought that whole scene was just a plot device. My only theory is that the ship Thor took was literally the biggest piece of *@!$ they had lying around and there was no other choice.
        www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Agreed. Even with its upgrades I always thought that whole scene was just a plot device. My only theory is that the ship Thor took was literally the biggest piece of *@!$ they had lying around and there was no other choice.
          It might have been damaged somehow.

Comment

Yep, and it also lacked something to work against replicators, again, another creation of the Alterans.

I can't remember when those ships were called Beliskner-class ships.

Shouldn't they be called Mjolnir-class?
            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

i flat out loved the ship the other classes the asgard had were just ok their science ship was just ehh but the beliskner had some design to it i LOVED it.

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

Comment

Battlecruiser.... operational.

Best Looking ship in Stargate IMO. If I was going to take any one hull and hotrod it with various goodies that would be the ship I'd start with probably.

Comment

The Beliskner-class ships always reminded me of hammer head sharks for some reason.
                  Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                    Yep, and it also lacked something to work against replicators, again, another creation of the Alterans.

I can't remember when those ships were called Beliskner-class ships.

Shouldn't they be called Mjolnir-class?
                    Well considering that Mjolnir was Thor's hammer, and the Beliskner was supposedly Thor's chariot (at least in the episode of the same name), I'd say no. I belive in Norse mythology Bilskirnir was actually the fortress where Thor lived, but I can see how you could translate his ship into a fortress.
                    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

I just have to say I absolutely love the Norse mythology behind the Asgard. More than the Goa'uld mythology and stuff. It is so amazing. I love how sci fi connects with it.

Comment

the beliskner class is good looking if a touch 'flat' to look at.
                        oneill class is fine though, would love to have seen them hand the ori their asses in 'unending' as a "going out in style" idea
                        sigpic
                        EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                        -Liberty Prime

Comment

I miss that ship and always liked it. I mean it had class very nice super powerful that made the Goa'uld fearful for years kind of class
                          Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                          A Face you Can Trust
                          sigpic
                          So whats the worst that could happen?
                          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                            Well considering that Mjolnir was Thor's hammer, and the Beliskner was supposedly Thor's chariot (at least in the episode of the same name), I'd say no. I belive in Norse mythology Bilskirnir was actually the fortress where Thor lived, but I can see how you could translate his ship into a fortress.
                            But the ship is just shaped like Thor's hammer, and is as destructive as the legendary weapon...
                            I know that there was that device called Thor's hammer placed on Cimmeria, but it's even hard to believe that this would be the only hammer to exist, since it's likely that all plants under Asgard protection would have one near their stargate.

Just like the newer spear-like O'neill could be a Gungnir-class ship.

This is, there's no proof the Asgards use the same naval ship classification method as we do.

And simply put, O'neill-class sucks big times.
                            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I love the design. And the colour. It's more asgard in some ways than the O'Neill but also vice versa. But it is more bulky and less advanced.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Working...
                              X