This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Man Death Glider or Two?

Does anyone have pics of both the one and two man versions of the death glider?

I thought all Gliders were two seated?

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

We should try to find a few of these

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
        We should try to find a few of these

i think there was only ever one of them i think.
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Even Bra'tac's Death Glider was a two-seater; I don't recall seeing a one-seater version in the show.

In the "Stargate" movie, I remember the Death Gliders being piloted by Horus guards, but did those fighters have one pilot per fighter, or two?
          Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Acoording to the wiki article there were some one-seated versions

Comment

i don't think we've ever seen one seater versions. the death gliders can be flown flown and operated with only one pilot. judgeing from what we've seen the second seat may be some sort of operations seat to do basic repairs or even merely a passanger seat (though i don't see the point of having a passanger in a fighter). Perhaps target identification, but i'm sure weapons can be controled by the pilot. So perhaps weapons can be delegated to the second seat like on the needle threader.
              At any rate i'm pretty sure all death gliders have two seats. it's just that two people aren't neccesarily essential for opperation.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Glider

under the varients section

Comment

wikipedia is notorious for it's inaccuracies.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Wikipedia is indeed not accurate and cant be considered proof of 1 seat versions existing.

There are 1 seat versions though but they are from the movie, the movie versions are very different from the SG-1 version. The movie versions dosnt have a cockpit for example, the pilot just sits in the open using the mask thingie to protect him.

There has never been shown any 1 seat versions in the series though.

Comment

Wiki can be very inaccurate. And we know the movie can be too in comparason with SG-1. Basicly Gliders can be piloted by one but they're two seated to share the burden of controling the Glider. One for weapons the other for piloting or one for both.

Spoiler:

Carter?

I... haven't left yet

Comment

there was a 3rd type of glider; seen in the pilot. one that can morph into a transport ship with rings and stuff.
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                        Quotes!
                        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                        sigpic

Comment

Children of the Gods. Pt 2. Assumed a hybrid of the Death Glider and the Tel'tak. Identical shape to a Death Glider carrying a ring transport and room for several passengers. Slightly changed shape when moving into attack mode. Later destroyed by Kawalsky. As no such craft has been seen since, it is assumed this was the small, short range personal transport craft of Apothis and was a prototype model. It was armed with typical Death Glider weapons and no hyperdrive or shield generator.

Spoiler:

Carter?

I... haven't left yet

Comment

Working...
                          X