Goa'uld Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goa'uld Technology

So, going over various Stargate Episodes, of which we've seen Jaffa Planets, or even where we've been on the home planet of a Goa'uld, we never seem to see any signs of advanced structures or tech etc.

There are no industrialised buildings, there are no hi-tech cars, or motorbikes. They don't even appear to have mastered how to build Roads. I mean... Where does all their technology come from?

I think, the most technologicaly advanced structure we've seen, has been that of the structure that was holding / buildng a Ha'tak in one of the episodes (I forget which one). Other than that, they seem to have a limited technology, for the power they are suppose to be.
    sigpic
    It's Probin' Time!

Originally posted by Tycoon View Post
    So, going over various Stargate Episodes, of which we've seen Jaffa Planets, or even where we've been on the home planet of a Goa'uld, we never seem to see any signs of advanced structures or tech etc.
    giant spaceships, transporters and energy weapons aren't advanced tech?
    and pyramids are quite advanced structures btw.
    There are no industrialised buildings, there are no hi-tech cars, or motorbikes. They don't even appear to have mastered how to build Roads. I mean... Where does all their technology come from?
    the Goauld have no use for industralized buildings, they only care about themselves so they live in palaces and let their slaves live in tents or build primitive houses like on Chulak.
    about no cars.. it seems people in the galaxy like to walk.. (expect for the asgard who like to beam )
    I think, the most technologicaly advanced structure we've seen, has been that of the structure that was holding / buildng a Ha'tak in one of the episodes (I forget which one). Other than that, they seem to have a limited technology, for the power they are suppose to be.
    They have all the technology they need, evidenced by the fact they have been dominating the galaxy for thousands of years.

Comment

actually we've seen atleast two heavy industrilised gould planets

Sokars planet { I think it was sokars had proper citys and everything}

And wasnt apothis new outpost that they blew the rep **** at heavyly industrlised?

And pyramids are one of the most advanced structures ever built even now we have a problem building them

Comment

Things like buildings, cars, bikes are needed when you have a LARGE population with advanced technology. The Goa'uld are just a handful of people. The majority of their empire consists of Jaffas and humans, who are not allowed to have advanced technology. So the jaffa and humans walk, and live in tents, while the gould use spaceships, ring transporters, etc... why would they POSSIBLY need cars if they have Cargo ships, and why would they POSSIBLY need buildings if they have a PALACE of their own?

Comment

Originally posted by HAL View Post
          actually we've seen atleast two heavy industrilised gould planets

Sokars planet { I think it was sokars had proper citys and everything}

And wasnt apothis new outpost that they blew the rep **** at heavyly industrlised?

And pyramids are one of the most advanced structures ever built even now we have a problem building them
          I think Sokar's planet and Apophis' new homeworld were one and the same.
          After we so kindly blew Sokar up, Apophis took Sokar's empire as his own and set up his main base of operations on Sokar's homeworld.

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
            I think Sokar's planet and Apophis' new homeworld were one and the same.
            After we so kindly blew Sokar up, Apophis took Sokar's empire as his own and set up his main base of operations on Sokar's homeworld.
            Aye, the planet was Delmak, center of Sokars empire untill he got overthrown by Apophis (with SG-1 and the Tok'ra unknowningly helping).

Comment

ah ok its still a industrilised planet

the reason why we dont see more is Any ground force wouldve got ripped apart in seconds therefore no gate missions going there

Comment

ah ok its still a industrilised planet

the reason why we dont see more is Any ground force wouldve got ripped apart in seconds therefore no gate missions going there
                SGC has indeed avoided all Goa'uld strongholds, this has been referenced in many conversations on screen. If they send a MALP through and it gets shot up by Jaffa instantly after going through, no SGC personel gets sent there and it is only logical to assume that the gates would be heavily defended on all industrial Goa'uld worlds I would say.

Comment

Not that we need to worry about it anymore. If Odyssey can hold its own against multiple Ori motherships at once, whats the betting that it can single handedly capture most Goa'uld Strongholds?
                  www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

isnt that what I said well in a lamer less to the point way but still thats what I said

Comment

rubbish, its basically a pile of stones, the simplest structure ever built, thats why different civilisations have all built similar structures through time(mayans etc etc).

i will say they are impressively large and symmetrical/well built etc etc, but if we put a workforce of the same size on the job today, and they all "believed" that it was for a "god among mortals", it would be a piece of p*ss tbh

we don't build them because we have no need to, and modern morals would frown on something so lavish for a dead person who we know isn't a god. only the vainest fool would get one (paris hilton anyone? lol, now i'm thinking of the south park episode )
                      sigpic
                      EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                      -Liberty Prime

Comment

I agree, I think they maybe they consider their Ha'taks most important.

Comment

Apophis base that the Replicators blew up = Sokar's Homeworld Delmak
                          Apophis took Sokar's domain

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                            rubbish, its basically a pile of stones, the simplest structure ever built, thats why different civilisations have all built similar structures through time(mayans etc etc).

...and modern morals would frown on something so lavish for a dead person who we know isn't a god. only the vainest fool would get one (paris hilton anyone? lol, now i'm thinking of the south park episode )
                            Pyramids can be build larger and taller than other buildings. They last for a long period of time. The math involved in building these things, is more advanced than we would ordinarily have thought such primitive peoples capable of.

As for the rest, have you seen the resources and labor put into building the great Cathedrals of the world? Vatican, Mosques of Istanbul, or the Dome of the Rock?

Comment

Netu was actually an industrialized world under Goa'uld regime before Sokar turned it into a hell pit.
                              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                              X