X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fleet Charts

Hey All..

I have been scouting the Internet for some Fleet Charts, and Size Comparisons of the space ships seen on Stargate, yet I've been unable to find any.

There are plenty around for Star Trek, and a few for other shows, such as Star Wars, Babylon 5, and such, yet there don't appear to be any obvious ones for Stargate.

Does anyone know of any, and if so, could links please be provided for them? Thank You in advance!
    sigpic
    It's Probin' Time!

all the one's i've seen are wildly inacurate.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

There are none.

Unlike other shows and movies, They have never mentioned the sizes of any ship either on the show, or even behind the scenes.

The lead 3D animator for the show has said that there are no fixed sizes. They use multiple models for every ship, depending on which angle the ship will be seen from. On top of that, each model is a different size! He has said their goal is to make it look visually pleasing, and the sizes used in their setup are never consistent. They scale things way up and way down just so it looks good. I imagine this is true of most other shows too.

So there you go. Now if someone really cares, you can use visual evidence from the show and try to explain what the "correct" sizes are (even though the show's creators don't know).

You can use information such as: the Egyptian Pyramids were landing pads for Gould Ha'taks. So if the largest Egyptian pyramid is 230x230 meters and 146.6 meters high, you can attempt to figure out how big the Gould ship is. Then using space scenes from the show to compare relative sizes of different ships, you can try to explain all their sizes. Or you could use the F-302 as a starting point, compared to a 6 foot tall human being, and go from there.

These are my estimates:
      http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/9200/labelledys1.png
      though some people think they are too small.
      Last edited by Londo Molari; 28 May 2007, 10:48 AM.

Comment

From what i believe and have observed, your Earth ships and hatak are more or less right on. The asgard ships i think are a bit small though, though i could be wrong, and i've been told i'm wrong by a friend who pays much closer attention then i. the wraith cruiser should be a bit bigger though.
        The ori ship i think is alright. The wraith hive looks right and from observations in the series, match up with the size of the 304, however from what i've been told, it should be half the size of atlantis, which should be the same size of manhatten (i don't know how big manhatten is so you tell me.)
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

one thing i think we can be sure of is this:

deviantArt

Favorite

Newest

Comment

Originally posted by Londo Molari View Post
            These are my estimates:
            I'd say some are def too small from your scaling pic imo.

The simple fact is no matter what image you use to try & create a scale. In another ep further on down the line, you will see another one that totally contradicts.

The model gets built by 1 facility, then at some point or another gets given to another facility that is working on a future episode. They take away, add & tweak until they feel the shot(s) are done correctly.

In 'Allies' there is a pic of a Hive (originally said by BW to be 11km's in length), while Daedalus looks to be something like 10 times shorter. Yet in 'No Man's Land', I think there was a shot that I measured last year where it was closer to 20 times smaller.

People have scaled Ha'taks to be 1km. Yet watch Prometheus in 'Lost City'. Even Odyssey in 'Dominion' looks teeny when it flies up against Ba'al's ship. Yet in eps like 'Camelot' they all pretty much looks the same. Even Asgard ships look much smaller. Yet watch 'Point of View', when the Beliskner comes down over the SGC, which a Ha'tak was also previously over it. As well as 'Thor's Chariot'.

Simply put, I seriously doubt you'll get anything like official answers regarding the scalings ever. The closest you'll most likely get to continuity will come from some like the PJ, where they can't make it much bigger or smaller than it already is because the ship simply didn't have the dimensions to begin with.

It would have been much easier if 1/2 facilities had always been given the shots. However for budget/time reasons, this obviously cannot always be the case. So if you have multiple sfx facilities working on & tweaking models to suit their needs for the ep in question, then you'll always get different sizes that conflict with previous results. Unfortunately there really is nothing that can be done about it because it has happened a ton of times before & will happen many more times in future as long as the franchise is still in production.

Comment

Originally posted by Londo Molari View Post
              These are my estimates:
              Those are some nice estimates..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                Those are some nice estimates..
                I think Belisker will be a lot bigger than Ha'tak. Just my thought from "Thor's Chariot" and "Revelations".

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                  It would have been much easier if 1/2 facilities had always been given the shots. However for budget/time reasons, this obviously cannot always be the case. So if you have multiple sfx facilities working on & tweaking models to suit their needs for the ep in question, then you'll always get different sizes that conflict with previous results. Unfortunately there really is nothing that can be done about it because it has happened a ton of times before & will happen many more times in future as long as the franchise is still in production.
                  All the Stargate CG are done at the same place.

Comment

The asgard ships should be slightly bigger, along with the Hatak.

The wraith cruiser is fine, because it should be the same size if not smaller than a 304. The 303 should be 3/4 the length of a 304.

Also the way the size is in that pic, the oniell class is the same size as the Grace ship.

Also x2, The aurora class ancient battle cruisier is 1 km long.
                    Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by theboywonder View Post

No we can't. No one in the show ever said that representation was to scale. It was just a convenient way to represent their plan.
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

It'd better be in scale, or else we wouldn't know how the Deady would fit into the Wraith ship. What would be the point of making it NOT to scale?

Comment

Down with ships, up with the gate.
                          Xtremixt

All was shattered, and all but memory lost, and one memory above all others, of him who brought the shadow and the breaking of the world. And him they named Dragon.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            It'd better be in scale, or else we wouldn't know how the Deady would fit into the Wraith ship. What would be the point of making it NOT to scale?
                            Being to scale has no effect on knowing where the Deady fits into the Hive, it goes in the hole in the middle behind the two extensions. If the picture is not to scale then they would either have to make the Hive look bigger (which might take up too much room on the display), or they'd have to make Daedalus look smaller (which might make it too hard to see, and make the humans feel really inferior). All in all, it being to scale or not to scale has no bearing on what it was meant to do, provide a graphical representation of their plan, and look pretty for the audience. I'm not saying it isn't to scale, only that you can't assume it is.
                            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by theboywonder View Post

That's way wrong. A Hive is Much bigger than that.

Edit. Might be Right. 13 times bigger than DSC-304's
                              Last edited by VSHARMA; 30 May 2007, 07:43 AM.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X