This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sateda's Level of Technology

What was the level of technology of Sateda before the wraith destroyed it? At some times it seems to be similar to current earth, other times more advanced Their hand weapons seem to be more advance then what we currently.

But I don't think we've seen and Anti-aircraft weapons, Airforce or armored vehicles.

Judging by what we saw it almost looks like there a tad bit more advanced than current day Earth. There weaponry at the very least certainly seems more advanced. Obviously they were no match for the wraith but current day Earth would be no match for the Wraith either.
    www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

I'd say they're around the same level as Earth, possibly less advanced. None of the weaponry they had in Sateda seemed advanced, even by modern Earth standards, just run-of-the-mill firearms. We can't use Ronon's gun as an example of their tech, because we don't know where it came from, maybe it's Satedan, but probably not.
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
        I'd say they're around the same level as Earth, possibly less advanced. None of the weaponry they had in Sateda seemed advanced, even by modern Earth standards, just run-of-the-mill firearms. We can't use Ronon's gun as an example of their tech, because we don't know where it came from, maybe it's Satedan, but probably not.
        In "Sateda", the guns we saw were the same design as the Genii use, so either Sateda got those weapons from the Genii (who, McKay said, were roughly fifty years behind us technology wise), or the Genii got their hands on Satedan weapons.

Either way, I'd say that Sateda was at approximately the same level of technology as us. Oh, and I think Ronan's energy gun was probably something he picked up during his time as a runner; if he'd had his Wraith-blaster during the attack on Sateda, he'd have been using it, not the Genii-style gun.
        Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

No one except Ori/Ancients/Nox are more advanced than us. Sateda had energy weapons but no spacecraft so not very advanced.

Comment

how about the asurans they seem more advanced than us

Comment

Originally posted by HAL View Post
              how about the asurans they seem more advanced than us
              Not when we us a PWARW and kill those B%$#@es!

Comment

they're most certainly less advanced than us. which in some ways is a shame really. if ronons blaster was satedan in origin then it doesn't really fit with the rest of the tech. i'd say they were about the same level of development as the genii. maybe a little more.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by hypochondriac View Post
                  What was the level of technology of Sateda before the wraith destroyed it? At some times it seems to be similar to current earth, other times more advanced Their hand weapons seem to be more advance then what we currently.

But I don't think we've seen and Anti-aircraft weapons, Airforce or armored vehicles.
                  Nothing particularily impressive. Their hospitals were riddled with devices and equipment fairly similar to ours.

Regarding Ronan's gun, we just don't know where he found it, but obviously, not even the Satedan army used them. Actually, they used guns which were exactly the same as those used by the Brotherhood or the Genii, which is not speaking terribly well about their level of tech.

I'd go as far as to say that they're just us, minus the fancy tech acquired by the SGC, but in Pegasus.
                  The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                    Nothing particularily impressive. Their hospitals were riddled with devices and equipment fairly similar to ours.

Regarding Ronan's gun, we just don't know where he found it, but obviously, not even the Satedan army used them. Actually, they used guns which were exactly the same as those used by the Brotherhood or the Genii, which is not speaking terribly well about their level of tech.

I'd go as far as to say that they're just us, minus the fancy tech acquired by the SGC, but in Pegasus.
                    I think the fact that Sateden weapons are the same as genii etc...is down to lack of orginality in the prop department i did notice a kind of red flash when the sateden weapons were fired though...

An interesting thing i've noticed before is that Ronans gun behaves similarly to a Wraith stunner in stun mode. The effect when the target is struck is exactly the same abeit a different colour.
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                      Judging by what we saw it almost looks like there a tad bit more advanced than current day Earth. There weaponry at the very least certainly seems more advanced. Obviously they were no match for the wraith but current day Earth would be no match for the Wraith either.
                      i would dissagree, we could pwn them, we hav ehundreds of thousands of nukes remember. Even withiught Stargate tech. If we fare a few thousand nucler weapond at hives, ones gonna blow. also a wraith land invasion would be disasterous for them
                      Originally posted by cowpants
                      ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
                      Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                      Rosilin for pres

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post

I think we are more advanced than them (without SGC acquired tech) they don't have cool machine guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxytheboxed View Post
                          i would dissagree, we could pwn them, we hav ehundreds of thousands of nukes remember. Even withiught Stargate tech. If we fare a few thousand nucler weapond at hives, ones gonna blow. also a wraith land invasion would be disasterous for them
                          We'd kill ourselves in the proccess though and they could wipe us out from space with ease anyway...
                          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Buba thats quitters talk, also we won, remember the first fleet???
                            i hink Ssteda isabove us, but in a war we would win
                            Originally posted by cowpants
                            ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
                            Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                            Rosilin for pres

Comment

Originally posted by Boxytheboxed View Post
                              Buba thats quitters talk, also we won, remember the first fleet???
                              i hink Ssteda isabove us, but in a war we would win
                              I wrote the that battle and it was a narrow if lucky victory lol

If they can beat the ancients with their shielded fortresses full of drones then they can take little old earth.

Comment

Working...
                              X