This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jason X

I watched most of this at the weekend as it was on and I was up. I must say I thought it was the biggest pile of steaming rabbit droppings. The premis was stupid and the only saving grace was that Lexia Doig was in it!

My apologies to anyone who likes it
    sigpic

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
    I watched most of this at the weekend as it was on and I was up. I must say I thought it was the biggest pile of steaming rabbit droppings. The premis was stupid and the only saving grace was that Lexia Doig was in it!

My apologies to anyone who likes it
    hehe it was awful but yeah it had two of the Andromeda girls in it so i watched it

i did laugh at the role reversal a bit

Lexa playing the cool space chick and Lisa Ryder playing the robot but thats about all the amusement i got out of it...mind you i don't usually like that type of show.
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
      hehe it was awful but yeah it had two of the Andromeda girls in it so i watched it

i did laugh at the role reversal a bit

Lexa playing the cool space chick and Lisa Ryder playing the robot but thats about all the amusement i got out of it...mind you i don't usually like that type of show.
      I didn't realise it was Lisa R.
      sigpic

Comment

the only saving grace was that Lexia Doig was in it!
        I wouldn't call that a saving grace.

As for the film itself, another three-legged donkey from the Doig/Shanks stable.
        sigpic
        "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
          I wouldn't call that a saving grace.

As for the film itself, another three-legged donkey from the Doig/Shanks stable.
          Actually, thinking about how it did sound, I meant it more from the point that there was someone I 'knew' in it. I was willing to carry on watching it then. I like seeing regular cast in other stuff, it gives you a chance to see if they are a versatile actor or not. For the record I'm NOT a fan of Andromeda - It's a bit too kiddy for me.
          sigpic

Comment

So bad I thought it could of been an episode of Torchwood.
            Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
            Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Originally posted by Acolyte Of Bli'l'ab View Post
              So bad I thought it could of been an episode of Torchwood.
              Lol, nothing is as bad as JAson X was, nothing I tell you!
              sigpic

Comment

I like seeing regular cast in other stuff, it gives you a chance to see if they are a versatile actor or not. For the record I'm NOT a fan of Andromeda - It's a bit too kiddy for me.
                So did it give you an idea of Doig's versatility then?

Not sure I'd call it 'kiddy' but Andromeda didn't float my boat either.
                sigpic
                "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

There was one moment in the movie that I truly enjoyed.

Spoiler:
                  In the hologram sequence towards the end where the two girls--who just love drugs and premarital sex--crawl into their sleeping bag and the next thing you know Jason's swinging the sleeping bag against the ground, whomping the two girls inside it.

Well, at least it tickled me pink.
                  sigpic
                  "Dammit! Who opened the radioactive
                  container?!" --Creatures from the Abyss

Comment

Originally posted by Schmengie View Post
                    There was one moment in the movie that I truly enjoyed.

Spoiler:
                    In the hologram sequence towards the end where the two girls--who just love drugs and premarital sex--crawl into their sleeping bag and the next thing you know Jason's swinging the sleeping bag against the ground, whomping the two girls inside it.

Well, at least it tickled me pink.
                    Yes that made me laugh as well, somehow the movie got worse and worse it make me wonder how the hell these things get made in the first place.

Comment

I know what you mean. I was like..."right....."

I think the film lost any thought of a plot within the first 30 mins and the writers said "what the heck put what you want in"

I mean the fact that the ship crashed into the space sity and completely destroyed it. Didn't they have any sort of shields? If they didn't the place should have been destroyed anyway!

The role wasn't dissimilar enough from the few Andromeda eps I saw to see if she is any good or not. She's not awful, I've seen worse.
                      sigpic

Comment

i too watched this movie (kinda) at the weekend on channel 4 here in the UK.

I like the fact Lexa doig was in it but it was sooooo good that i fell to sleep half way through (i mean it!). The parts that i saw where so OTT
                        Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                        sigpic
                        sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Yeah, Jason X was sorry. There was one hilarious moment, though. Remember in Scream when one of the kids is going over all the rules of horror movies? And one of them was about not fornicating because it guarantees you'll be one of the first to go? So what happens but that Jason is on the station. These two kids start messing around and fornicating and the Jason just opens his eyes and sits bolt upright. Then hops up and goes straight to them to kill them off.

meh. Okay, it was funny to me anyways just because it was SOOO cliche (intentionally so I believe).

Comment

I never even bothered watching all of this movie. I made it probably about half way through, and felt I'd wasted enough of my life on it.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                            X