X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1/SGA - Joseph Mallozzi Interview - Sequential Tart

From Sequential Tart:

http://www.sequentialtart.com/article.php?id=512

(Please follow the link for the long, long interview. There is an original artwork at the site of Mr. Mallozzi as a supervillian!)

Behind the Gate
    Joseph Mallozzi

by Wolfen Moondaughter

As our more regular readers may already know, while I was a fan of the theatrical film Stargate, particularly in regard to the character of Daniel, I didn't really have an opportunity to watch the show based on said movie, Stargate SG-1, until I moved a few years ago. Even then, I had missed so much already, I only watched with half my attention.

It took the episodes featuring the character of Vala Mal Doran at the start of season nine — in particular, her chemistry with Daniel — to really hook me, but ever since then, I've been trying to play catch-up by watching reruns of previous seasons. Now I know I'd missed something brilliant! But though Vala herself didn't even initially appear until season eight, Vala and Daniel are still my fave characters — so of course I was excited when I heard spoilers about "Memento Mori", the episode where Vala got kidnapped. When that ep aired, it (obviously) became one of my very fave eps.

More recently, while looking for spoilers regarding the Daniel/Vala ship, I stumbled across a link to the blog of Joseph Mallozzi. In case you haven't guessed, he co-wrote "Memento Mori", as well as a number of other eps on my faves list, such as "The Curse", "Window of Opportunity", "The Ties that Bind", "Collateral Damage", "Ripple Effect", "Camelot, Part 2", "Morpheus", "200", "Counterstrike", and "Family Ties". He's also written for Stargate Atlantis, and is an Executive Producer for both shows.

Anyway, I checked out Joe's blog, asked for an interview, and crossed my paws ....

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    **snippage**

ST: How do you keep track of ten seasons of material? Is there some sort of extended series bible that's constantly updated, to help you look up things about the cultures that have been created for the show, and to avoid continuity problems? Do you find yourself re-watching a lot of episodes? (Or maybe you just keep Peter DeLuise on speed-dial?...)

JM: We rely on each other for most of the background information. Well, each other and Gateworld.

**major snippage**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

I wonder if Joe is going to frame that picture and hang it in his office...

I love it! Thanks!

Comment

Hahahaha at the picture!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        I wonder if Joe is going to frame that picture and hang it in his office...

I love it! Thanks!

You're very welcome.

I love of interviews with a good sense of humor.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Great picture of Joe. And nice interview.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The dog! He has a super villanous (sp?) dog! With glowy red eyes! Waha!
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Very good interview. I like that he said freely what was wrong in the SG episodes. I hope they will learn from their mistakes.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Good interview. Joe's great.

I like his honesty about moments and stories that he doesn't like. (although I thought the Wraith goggles were cool!)

That story about a Harcesis sounds kinda cool...

Comment

Working...
                X