This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Ancient ship in Travelers? #minor spoilers#

The spoilers for travelers mention that the Atlantis expedition will once again run into a race with an Ancient warship, but this time its a battleship.

Does this mean that it is of a different class than the Aurora? The way the spoilers suggest the ship says to me that this ship may be different than the rest of the Ancient ships previously seen.

Maybe the Aurora class is more like a Wraith cruiser and the Ancient battleship is more like a hive ship (in comparison of weapons and size). I hope this ship has some new tech or weapons that have not yet been seen.

Please bash my thread or build on it...
    sigpic

Originally posted by Ehecatl View Post
    The spoilers for travelers mention that the Atlantis expedition will once again run into a race with an Ancient warship, but this time its a battleship.

Does this mean that it is of a different class than the Aurora? The way the spoilers suggest the ship says to me that this ship may be different than the rest of the Ancient ships previously seen.

Maybe the Aurora class is more like a Wraith cruiser and the Ancient battleship is more like a hive ship (in comparison of weapons and size). I hope this ship has some new tech or weapons that have not yet been seen.

Please bash my thread or build on it...
    uhh when did the Aurora-class become not battleships??? They are huge! At least 4 times the size of the Daedalus-class ships.

Comment

They only called the Aurora a warship, why change the name now? And how come so many Ancient ships are appearing. Whats this now 3 Ancient warships that Atlantis has come across?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
        uhh when did the Aurora-class become not battleships??? They are huge! At least 4 times the size of the Daedalus-class ships.

To quote Dr. Jackson:

"These are the Ancients. They did everything BIG."

Just because a ship is big by human standards doesn't mean its big by Ancient standards

Comment

Im not going to build my hopes up, but if they said battleship we can assume its not an Aurora class. Which would be saw-eeeeeeeet!

But, I'll be happy with an aurora class. Maybe they should paint this one green
          Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
            Im not going to build my hopes up, but if they said battleship we can assume its not an Aurora class. Which would be saw-eeeeeeeet!

But, I'll be happy with an aurora class. Maybe they should paint this one green
            I agree. All they have to do is paint a nice big USA flag on it and I'll be happy. ..if your not from US we can put a bunch of little flag paintings to not leave any countries out.

Comment

Originally posted by Tain View Post
              To quote Dr. Jackson:

Just because a ship is big by human standards doesn't mean its big by Ancient standards
              The Ancients are very advanced, like the Asgard, they think logically. Why do they need 5 different styles of combat ships that all have the same weapons? They only need a main battleship (Aurora-class), and a science vessel ("Echoes"). They also might have transports ("Before I Sleep")

Comment

I thought the Aurora was actually an armed courier vessel. It's used in a war, so it's still a warship, right?

Now I need to watch that episode again... Hey, I was looking for something to do anyway. Neat!
                Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
                  actually it's about twice as long it's supposed to be slightly different to an Aurora
                  Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Tain View Post
                    To quote Dr. Jackson:

Yeah, because Atlantis is a big city. A big flying city.

Like 3.5 km wide at best. My village's larger than that, and a hiveship is many times larger than this, as it's 11 km long.

Now, if there's a new warship of some sort... I dunno, the Aurora is 1 km long.
                    Could it be... bigger? It would almost get as big as Atlantis.

I wished we'd see an Aurora's multiple turrets get in action. I'm a bit tired of drones.
                    Rapid and fast pulses (not the slow crap that is often exchanged between ships in SF).
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

It's going to be a different class, I believe. I went to the Vancouver convention and did the set tours and they were building new Ancient warship sets, although the bridge of the ship will be about the same.

Vala,

Comment

if it is a new class of ship i hope that we steal it or the race gives it to use. i mean what good would it do to activate it for the other race and just give it to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                          actually it's about twice as long it's supposed to be slightly different to an Aurora
                          Looking at this pic, I would say it's a little more than twice the size.

Last edited by Wraith_Boy; 16 May 2007, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by apollo22 View Post
                            if it is a new class of ship i hope that we steal it or the race gives it to use. i mean what good would it do to activate it for the other race and just give it to them.
                            why would any race in their right mind give us something that valuable, considering our previous history with such advancement, i vote we steal it and the travellers come after us, that would be cool.
                            some relationships are worth getting your heart broken over

doctor who

Comment

Originally posted by thegatebuilders View Post
                              why would any race in their right mind give us something that valuable, considering our previous history with such advancement, i vote we steal it and the travellers come after us, that would be cool.
                              They are a scavenger race. It's them who finds it first. It's them who nab Shep to force him to operate it for them.

So I seriously doubt they'll willingly hand it over!

I can only see 2 possible outcomes to the resolution of the ship:

1. The new race pulls a fast one & get's away with it at the very last minute just when it seems like they'll lose it. Allowing them to keep it.

2. Shep, McKay or one of the 304's do something that ends up destroying it right at the end. Which they decided to do because they couldn;t get to keep it & thought it too risky to let this new wildcard race have.

I can't see #3 (Shep & his team end up getting control of the warship & they take it back to Atlantis to use in future) working. Maybe it's a good thing that they don't end up getting it. To me it's pretty much guaranteed that they'll only do a half assed job while in command anyhow & ultimately, it'll be blown to crap by the Wraith or Asurans.

Would love to see them get to keep it, but can't see them getting to keep hold of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X